EVGA

Sound-dependent LED modes don't work

Author
TraderJJ
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/15 22:52:49 (permalink)
Bought and installed the Nu Audio card a week ago, with the 2.0.7 drivers/software, on an Aorus Z390 Extreme Waterforce MB with i9-9900KS.  Actually enjoyed the onboard audio before the Nu Audio install as it handled by MassDrop Sennheiser 6xx headphones without any issues.

Had terrible random sound drop outs with the initial install, along with the Windows 10 UAC annoyances with the Nahimic drivers. Did two reinstalls of the software to resolve the sound dropout issue.  Sound is excellent now.

However, I noticed that while all of the LED modes worked fine on the initial installation, now that the software reinstallations resolved the dropouts, none of the audio-based LED modes work anymore, i.e. Sonic, Lightning, Fireworks and Frequency do not respond to audio, and stay dark.  All of the other LED modes work fine, and on the audio-based LED modes, any changes to the settings will cause an initial flash of the LEDs, but then followed by blackness.  I thought is was possibly related to some volume sliders in the Nu Audio app, but playing around with those didn't have any effect. Also, played around with the non-EVGA Windows audio control panel settings, too, but no effect.

Not about to attempt another reinstall to avoid the sound dropout returning, but effectively did it with the installation of the 0.2.1.2 software.  No change with the LED issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I should add that I multiple RGB lighting conflicts in my system, with incompatibilities between my Aorus Waterforce MB, Aorus Waterforce graphics card, Aorus memory, along with 11 Thermaltake RGB fans, 2 RGB water pumps, 12 RGB tubing couplings. I don't know that it should have any effect on the Nu Audio card, however, since the non-sound LED modes all work as expected.
post edited by TraderJJ - 2019/11/15 22:58:28

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile