Sony shows the benefits of Ray Tracing with Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102300
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/10/01 04:03:41 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/sony_shows_the_benefits_of_ray_tracing_with_marvel_s_spider-man_remastered/1

Alongside Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition, PS5 users will gain access to Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, a refined version of the game's PlayStation 4 version. In a recent blog post, Sony has confirmed that this Remastered versions of Spider-Man will feature "new assets, technology, and updates", which will include "ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows". The game also features a 60 FPS performance mode on PS5. 

Above and below, we have images which showcase the graphical benefits of Spider-Man's Ray-Traced Reflections, which allow the game to feature true reflections on windows and other reflective objects. This transforms the look of Marvel's Spider-Man, taking the game's visuals to a new level. PS5 players will also be able to access a 60 FPS performance mode, which will enable faster framerates to enable smoother gameplay. At this time, it is unknown how this is achieved, or if this change will result in the game running at a lower resolution or with other graphical downgrades. 

On PS5, Spider-Man will also benefit from near-instant loading times, making fast travel even faster. The game will also benefit from Sony's Spatial 3D Audio on compatible headphones and haptic feedback on Sony's PS5 controller. Marvel's Spider-Man will also feature a new photo mode, which will be the same as the one that's present within Miles Morales. 

I'm curious if the remaster is as good as is promised. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

Caffeinated_Sarcasm
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 113
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Sony shows the benefits of Ray Tracing with Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered 2020/10/01 06:23:04 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/sony_shows_the_benefits_of_ray_tracing_with_marvel_s_spider-man_remastered/1

Alongside Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition, PS5 users will gain access to Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered, a refined version of the game's PlayStation 4 version. In a recent blog post, Sony has confirmed that this Remastered versions of Spider-Man will feature "new assets, technology, and updates", which will include "ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows". The game also features a 60 FPS performance mode on PS5. 

Above and below, we have images which showcase the graphical benefits of Spider-Man's Ray-Traced Reflections, which allow the game to feature true reflections on windows and other reflective objects. This transforms the look of Marvel's Spider-Man, taking the game's visuals to a new level. PS5 players will also be able to access a 60 FPS performance mode, which will enable faster framerates to enable smoother gameplay. At this time, it is unknown how this is achieved, or if this change will result in the game running at a lower resolution or with other graphical downgrades. 

On PS5, Spider-Man will also benefit from near-instant loading times, making fast travel even faster. The game will also benefit from Sony's Spatial 3D Audio on compatible headphones and haptic feedback on Sony's PS5 controller. Marvel's Spider-Man will also feature a new photo mode, which will be the same as the one that's present within Miles Morales. 

I'm curious if the remaster is as good as is promised. 

At the risk of dating myself, doesn't that seem rather similar to the old Aureal A3D tech?

10G-P5-3897-KR     9/26/2020 9:26:35 AM PT    Removed by User    
    10G-P5-3895-KR     9/26/2020 9:26:29 AM PT    Removed by User    
    10G-P5-3885-KR     9/17/2020 7:47:06 PM PT    Yes
    nosoul05
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: Sony shows the benefits of Ray Tracing with Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered 2020/10/01 08:59:41 (permalink)
    looking forward to the game, the face does look a bit younger but I'm not going to lose my mind over it. 
    darkknight6663
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re: Sony shows the benefits of Ray Tracing with Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered 2020/10/01 12:30:31 (permalink)
    i want this game on pc so much ugh
    omenlw
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re: Sony shows the benefits of Ray Tracing with Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered 2020/10/06 16:19:41 (permalink)
    i think it looks great
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile