EVGA

Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974)

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
flexy123
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 123
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/07 20:29:30 (permalink)
DISCLAIMER: This is not an official, EVGA approved fix/BIOS. Please use at your own risk! Flashing your card's BIOS always has a small risk that something might go wrong. Be sure you know what you're doing, especially how you would "unbrick" your card should something go wrong. I can not be held responsible should anything go wrong.

After lots of investigation and sharing experiences with others I/we concluded that the "Black Screen, needs PC reset" problem is because of that some cards, among them GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 cannot handle the overall load/power draw. (It's not so much a matter of that an overclock is not stable since those crashes are different, in those cases the driver crashes and the system can recover).

I found that the black screen issue can be solved by limiting the maximum voltage the card is using at it's maximum speed.
(In fact, my SC ACX2.0 does 1506 stable, tested, at 1.187V. Since my-2974 GTX ACX 2.0 is a very average card with ASIC quality 70% I have reason to believe that the fix should work for MOST -2974 cards)

The 1.187V - as compared to 1.212V or 1.200V (as would be the max voltage with the original bios) draws less power, prevents black screens, reduces temps and throttling.

If you have the black screen problem and want to save yourself a RMA, I can help you if you are comfortable flashing BIOS and know how to do this. Of course you would flash your cards bios at your own risk. Don't flash if you would not know how to unbrick your card again should a flash go wrong! And obviously this is only for EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 -2974 cards!

The BIOS here have more advantages:

* 1506 overclock without throttling
* Power Target increased to default 196W (from the stock 170W)
* The problem with instability at lower clocks is gone. (NEVER overclock those card's (-2974 models) core clock with Afterburner. Since you cannot add voltage with Afterburner, overclocking the core with Afterburner means that the entire voltage table won't be correct which results in instability at lower clocks). With my BIOS, this problem is solved, the clocks and voltages scale properly.
* No throttling due to "Voltage Limit" since the max. 1.212V which are specified in the BIOS are never used

Those BIOS also work great as general BIOS for your card, whether you have the black screen problem or not. As compared to some other modded BIOS out there, boost is not disabled and the card's voltages scale properly.

BIOS 1) (Try this first)
1506 clock at 1.200V
https://www.dropbox.com/s...ACX2.0_1.200V.rom?dl=0

BIOS 2)
1506 clock at 1.187V (this might only work with cards with very high ASIC, 75%+)
https://www.dropbox.com/s...ACX2.0_1.187V.rom?dl=0

If your card has troubles with 1506, here the same with somewhat lower clocks:

BIOS 3)
1443 at 1.200V
https://www.dropbox.com/s...ACX2.0_1.200V.rom?dl=0

BIOS 4)
1443 at 1.187V
https://www.dropbox.com/s...ACX2.0_1.187V.rom?dl=0

I recommend you try BIOS 1 first and if you still have black screens under stress (Heaven Benchmark, Games etc.) try BIOS 2 which uses even less voltage at max clock.

Should your card be unstable (driver crashes, artifacts etc.) try the 1443 BIOSes with somewhat lower clock. Here too try the 1.200V first, if it black screens use the 1.187V BIOS. (I found the best test for black screens is Heaven Benchmark at Ultra/Extreme and have it run for at least an hour or longer).

Please share whether your black screen problems are solved with those BIOS!

** UPDATE May, 21 **

Updated BIOS with "proper" down-clocking voltage table. Ie. should the card ever need to throttle in the upper clock ranges it does now correctly decrease voltages.

** UPDATE May, 27 **

While the above and my workaround with those BIOS still works, I am at a point that I am rather certain that the black screens are from overheating components (voltage regulators) on those cards. There is an undeniable relationship between fan speed, temperatures, load on the card and the likelihood for black screens.

My BIOS help since less voltage means less power draw/load and lower temps, therefore they can help to prevent the black screens crashes. HOWEVER it is important that you keep your fan running as high as you can tolerate it. I found the default fan settings in the original bios NOT sufficient. You need to get Afterburner or PrecisionX and create a custom fan profile where your fans are running 45% or faster at 75C depending how loud you can tolerate. This together with my BIOS is the best way to prevent black screens. Proper cooling of the card is important!!

It is also likely that an aftermarket cooler like the Arctic Twin Turbo II with the included heat-sinks for VRMs should prevent the black screens. Here however you would need to find a way to attach the heat sinks of the Twin Turbo II in a way as that you can remove them again (the included thermal glue is permanent!) otherwise you would void your card's warranty.

Guide: How to flash your card's BIOS:

Please see Easy NVFlash Guide with Pictures for GTX 970/980"
at http://www.overclock.net/...ctures-for-gtx-970-980

Always Backup Your Original BIOS

You need your original, unaltered BIOS flashed back on the card in case you would ever need to send it in for RMA or something would go wrong and you want to flash your card with the original BIOS.

This is how you backup your card's BIOS: Get yourself GPUZ. Disable your card in Windows device manager. In GPUZ, below the Nvidia symbol is an arrow symbol. Click on the arrow. It will ask you to save your card's BIOS to a file. Save this to your computer.

There is also a good collection of VGA Bios for various cards and vendors on TechpowerUp's VGA Bios Database.

DISCLAIMER: This is not an official, EVGA approved fix/BIOS. Please use at your own risk! Flashing your card's BIOS always has a small risk that something might go wrong. Be sure you know what you're doing, especially how you would "unbrick" your card should something go wrong. I can not be held responsible should anything go wrong.

post edited by flexy123 - 2015/05/27 10:52:29

78 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/07 20:44:15 (permalink)
    I do hope you have a least reported this problem on NVIDIA's Support Site as well.

What are the Card Owners recovery options if they brick their card installing the above firmware on their Cards?
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2015/05/07 20:56:23

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/07 20:47:27 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    I do hope you have a least reported this problem on NVIDIA's Support Site as well.

Nvidia is making the GPUs, those are fine. In fact, the chips itself clock very well.
    The black screens (IMHO) are a problem of particular card manufacturers and "poor" components pushed to the edge and sometimes even at stock. We have a theory that the black screens are actually over-current protection of the voltage regulators kicking in. So this is solely an issue that concerns some card makers, not Nvidia. My $0.02.
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/07 20:55:32 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    What are the Card Owners recovery options if they brick their card?

Boot up with another card or your internal IGPU (if you have an i7 or so CPU). With bricked card in one slot of your board.
    Use NVflash (Nvidia's flashing tool) and flash the bricked card back to original BIOS. There are other ways, like "blind flashing" from a bootable CD or USB. You would have to read up on the options for NVFlash , say, how to specify the correct slot to flash etc. or how to make a bootable USB stick that "auto flashes" a bricked card if you don't have a second, working card.
    bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/07 20:58:22 (permalink)
    flexy123
    bcavnaugh
    What are the Card Owners recovery options if they brick their card?

Boot up with another card or your internal IGPU (if you have an i7 or so CPU). With bricked card in one slot of your board.
    Use NVflash (Nvidia's flashing tool) and flash the bricked card back to original BIOS. There are other ways, like "blind flashing" from a bootable CD or USB. You would have to read up on the options for NVFlash , say, how to specify the correct slot to flash etc. or how to make a bootable USB stick that "auto flashes" a bricked card if you don't have a second, working card.

"What are the Card Owners recovery options if they brick their card installing the above firmware on their Cards?"
    And if they do not have a second card or an internal IGPU?

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/07 20:59:59 (permalink)
    Just saying you should cover yourself is all.
    You need to post some kind of warning and also let users know that this is not an approved firmware.

flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/07 21:09:06 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    Just saying you should cover yourself is all.
    You need to post some kind of warning and also let users know that this is not an approved firmware.

Done! This is the official EVGA forum and you have a point! I added a disclaimer so people don't get a wrong impression this being an "official fix" or something.
    btr_rj
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/20 14:54:24 (permalink)
    Here is my feedback:

I created this topic: forums.evga.com/So-Precision-X-970-Overvolt-works-or-not-m2337796.aspx

Before @flexy123 solution, i tried everything possible as is on my topic. So far i can tell the solution number 4 solved my problems! No more Black Screen until now, many, many thanks, flexy.

Tried all versions, all before number 4 i got blackscreen. And i was thinking that more voltage would solve my problem...it was just the contrary lol.

It IS (MUCH)  worth try for everyone that is having black screen on SC ACX 2.0 2974. Worked like a charm for me!

I´m only PISSED because a USER had to figure out what the heck was going on... where was EVGA support until now? It´s a shame...next time i will go GIGABYTE G1 instead...

One more time, thanks flexy!

post edited by btr_rj - 2015/05/20 15:33:30
    backdoc77
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 199
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/20 16:29:40 (permalink)
    flexy123

Nvidia is making the GPUs, those are fine. In fact, the chips itself clock very well.
    The black screens (IMHO) are a problem of particular card manufacturers and "poor" components pushed to the edge and sometimes even at stock. We have a theory that the black screens are actually over-current protection of the voltage regulators kicking in. So this is solely an issue that concerns some card makers, not Nvidia. My $0.02.

Yes, I agree. A few years ago I endured 4 RMA's for defective evga cards (all black screened). I was so frustrated I bought an Asus card and never looked back. Sorry EVGA. Your customer service, however, is top notch.

Asus Z170-AR
    Intel i7 6700K  
    Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200 mhz  (9 9 9 24)  

Asus GTX 1080
    Samsung 960 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD            
    Corsair TX850 Power 
    LG Blu Ray 10x RW CH10
    Corsair 570x Crystal Case

Asus Rog Swift PG278Q Monitor
    Windows 10 Pro x64

flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/20 17:08:54 (permalink)
    Hello,

Thank you! I want to add some more findings I made in the meantime.

I am currently *strongly* believing that it is an heat-issue related to the voltage regulators on those cards.

I found that a higher fan speed (in my case 47%) almost always can prevent black screens. My assumption is that higher fan speed simply cools the voltage regulators better and that the stock fan curve is simply not enough. (This is why I recommend to use a tool like MSI Afterburner).

It's is not so much an issue about the GPU temps (the temp which Afterburner shows), but the GPU temp can give an indication about the temps of the voltage regulators. (Aka: When the GPU is getting to 77C or higher one can assume that VRMs are also getting very hot)

From this one could also conclude that the VRM overheating and black screen issue would be solved by
    A) either getting MSI Afterburner and turn up fan (it depends how loud you can handle it, my tolerance is 47%)
    or
    B) install a aftermarket cooler like the Arctic Twin Turbo II which comes with heatsinks for RAMs, VRMs etc. as well and has a FAR superior cooling performance than the stock cooler.

My BIOS therefore helps not because it "uses less power" (as I assumed previously) but simply because using less power (like 1.187V in my case as compared to 1.200V etc.) also creates less heat. There is definitely a relationship between fan speed (temps) and the occurrence of black screens.

TLDR: If you're (still) having black screens, increase your fan speed! Use MSI Afterburner and make a "steeper" custom fan curve. The default fan curve of those cards is NOT sufficient to cool the VRMs, especially under stress and especially if you overclock. I can get a black screen using default fan speed in just two runs of Heaven Benchmark...but NOT with a more aggressive fan curve.
    post edited by flexy123 - 2015/05/20 17:16:24
    btr_rj
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/20 19:55:03 (permalink)
    I dont know...as i said my card's fan never goes down 50%, even in idle.
    I dont see heat as a vilain here because the black screen occurs so soon. Even before the card reachs the 70 degress...indeed after the BIOS mod it never goes up 65 with 50% fan speed. But i dont have a good idea from whats is the real BS cause.
    Hope we can find out someday hehe
    tonydeez
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 07:12:45 (permalink)
    Can this problem of inefficient VRM cooling effect my overclocks as well? At stock speeds I seem to have no problem with a steady fan curve of up to 50% at 80 C (though it has never really passed 74 C even during the most intensive situations). However, when overclocked even a mere +50 MHz, totaling at a Boost 2.0 of 1430 (stock 1.212 voltage), games occasionally freezes the computer, or display driver resets, no artifacting whatsoever. Sometimes this occurs with a black screen on both monitors that are plugged into the GPU and display driver resets without a need for a reboot, and sometimes it freezes completely at a game frame.
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 07:27:22 (permalink)
    My experience is that driver crashes, when the PC can still recover is from insufficient voltage....and the Black Screens where the entire computer crashes and reboots are from the VRM problem.

Although in your case...it's odd because at the full 1.212V, it should be PLENTY and for sure for 1430 which is a very moderate OC. Maybe it's a drivers problem in your case?

Nevertheless, I recommend you try one of my BIOS above (I just updated them), maybe the one with 1443 at 1.200V and report whether your problems persist. Reason being that overclocking with Afterburner is for MANY REASONS bad. One of the problems if people use Afterburner for overclocking core freq. is that it screws up the internal voltages, means the card doesn't get enough juice at the lower clocks. My BIOSes don't have this problem.
    tonydeez
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 08:32:13 (permalink)
    My OC's were done with PrecisionX16. I can run Heaven Benchmark with this OC for hours, it's the games that cause the crash. Albeit, it can totally be the new games that I'm testing (GTAV and Witcher 3) that are the root of this issue. But other games like Titanfall are also extremely nitpicky about my OC; Titanfall doesn't crash with black/hardlock, it crashes with the windows ol' 'program is not responding' with the "Close the program" button.

Aside from the lowered max voltage and different from stock clock speeds, is there anything else that you changed in the custom BIOS like power limits? Specifically, I want to confirm that stock 100% power limit is 170 W while 100% with this custom bios is 196 W, resulting in an estimate of 115% power limit if at stock bios. I would like to -try- pushing my overclock to 1500 MHz with the same software without adjusting the voltage past 1.212, as this model of GPU seems to be quite finicky with.

EDIT: Just a little bit more info, I have the latest nVidia drivers, 352.86, and Chrome does crash on me when over clocked (have not tested it without). A quick search will show that Chrome, at least for some, does crash with the latest drivers. However, I have yet to find if either the over clock or the newest driver attributes to the crashes in Chrome.
    post edited by tonydeez - 2015/05/21 08:58:39
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 09:17:04 (permalink)
    You can not adjust the voltage anyway with those cards, 1.212V is the max., they used volt-locked VRMs...you also cannot adjust the voltage with external tools. (Even if it MAY seem so). But 1.212V is plenty anyway.

Yes the default P/L is 196W and at 105% (max) it's 206W with my BIOS.

Aside from the max. clock, the entire voltage table is adjusted so that each clock gets sufficient voltages.
    tonydeez
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 09:33:01 (permalink)
    So even with this custom BIOS, the voltage is locked to either 1.20 or 1.18 V and cannot be increased back to 1.212. That's a bummer. Thank you so much, I'll give BIOS 1 a shot. Here's hoping I can run it stable with an ASIC quality of 72.4%. Just curious, why didn't you bother over clocking the memory as well? 
    btr_rj
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 09:43:34 (permalink)
    Mine at 1500 i got a little artifacts and got the black screen also.
    Is there any implication using the modded bios togheter with PrecisionX?

Do you have witcher 3? Try the Balcony on the very first room..i got black screen only there after bios mod. But i think its driver/game bug...haven is perfect though
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 09:45:59 (permalink)
    If you use Precision/Afterburner you should NOT add any more clock with my BIOS, it's already using the overclock as max. boost. You can however overclock the memory.
    tonydeez
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/21 09:59:33 (permalink)
    Witcher 3's balcony seems fine. Although these crashes don't happen everytime at the same spot or else overclocking would be anyone's hobby. I feel like I'll have to adjust the clockspeed down a little bit and balance things out. Stock bios +0 core allowed me to do about 7700 MHz while this one gets artifacting at 7500 MHz.

EDIT: Had a weird anomaly where a computer restart had the fans going 100% momentarily and then refusing to boot to windows. (Bios splash screen)
    post edited by tonydeez - 2015/05/21 10:21:56
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/23 15:26:35 (permalink)
    tonydeez
    Just curious, why didn't you bother over clocking the memory as well? 

I do memory overclocking in Afterburner. (+420).
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/23 15:57:16 (permalink)
    >>
    My OC's were done with PrecisionX16. I can run Heaven Benchmark with this OC for hours, it's the games that cause the crash
    >>

If you overclock with Afterburner or PrecisionX, problems are already around the corner"and it's just a matter of time til some game, some bench crashes. IT'S IMPOSSIBLE to "properly" overclock those cards with AB or Precision. It will lead to that the lower clocks when the card would throttle or just is less used would not have sufficient voltage. It's "funny" since there are not too many people being aware of that, WHY Afterburner/Precision for overclocking is bad. That being said, I should probably spread awareness about this in some other forums.
    wickedwayne
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 120
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 06:51:44 (permalink)
    "Not many aware of that" is kind of understatement. It's the first time i have heard anything about Afterburner making problems for overclocking. Actually its pretty much recommended for it everywhere there is discussion about OC. Overclocking/Guru3d/HardOCP 

flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 07:25:36 (permalink)
    I can show you a video or whatever proof that when I use AB with the original BIOS and add +140 to get my stable tested OC of 1506, it crashes almost instantly. The tiny fraction of time when it clocks up from a lower clock to its max boost is already enough to make it crash.

The instability is at the LOWER clocks, not the max boost. This is why this is not so obvious for many. Just for giggles I double-checked this again yesterday. It's a HUGE difference in stability. At least for those cards.
    MasterGohan
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 08:19:21 (permalink)
    wickedwayne
    "Not many aware of that" is kind of understatement. It's the first time i have heard anything about Afterburner making problems for overclocking. Actually its pretty much recommended for it everywhere there is discussion about OC. Overclocking/Guru3d/HardOCP

Biggest issue that I've had with software overclocking in the past (although I haven't OC'd an NVidia card since Fermi), is if you have a driver-crash for whatever reason-- your voltage doesn't tend to get restored most of the time (by AB / PrecisionX).  The clock-speed on the otherhand does automatically.  Of course this can cause a TDR-loop or a full hardlock on the next crash that instantly happens afterwards (because of not enough voltage).

--It's always possible that they've fixed this by now, yet it's also not that big a deal once you've found settings that're solid.

To my understanding PrecisionX is no longer based on Unwinder's code, and isn't branched off of RivaTuner anymore at all (despite similar interfaces).  Despite alot of objections that people have to the new PrecisionX on Guru3D, it works great for me.  [Yet I only use it for the OSD, monitoring, and software fan control]

The other issue that I had, is that tools such as NVidia inspector now set the memory clock to the STOCK setting in vbios when attempting to detect the max "boost" speed ... then restore your prior afterwards.  This isn't a problem with Afterburner or Precision persay but that running custom clocks causes (if the clocks defined in vbios do not match the currently used).

-- On some of my cards, this is pretty much an instant hardlock of the system or triggers a TDR if I touch the memory clocks "AT ALL" when initializing D3D at the same time.  And that's EXACTLY what Inspector does.

flexy123
    The instability is at the LOWER clocks, not the max boost. This is why this is not so obvious for many. Just for giggles I double-checked this again yesterday. It's a HUGE difference in stability. At least for those cards.

I could certainly believe it.  imo, Visual Studio WPF rendering wrecks videocard stability more for my systems than any game does.  (due to the constant clock changes)  I was surprised and realized it when I got my first 144hz display, in that the card is now locked on the desktop to drive that screen at 3D-mode clocks.  Low and behold the lockups stopped completely.

It's the frequent clock state changes and downclocking to low speed / low voltage states that seems to de-stabilize an otherwise completely functional card that runs games without issue.
    tonydeez
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 10:30:11 (permalink)
    I noticed that using option 4, my GPU now idles at 0.875 V instead of 0.85 V, is this intended?
    post edited by tonydeez - 2015/05/24 10:57:57
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 10:53:32 (permalink)
    This variance should be normal, clocks/voltages up to 886 I actually didn't touch from original bios. Volts in general are never "fixed", except for the maximum boost, the highest possible. All other clocks always have a certain variance, an "entry voltage" and "maximum voltage" for each clock.

On a related side-note, there are still many "mysteries" how Boost works, for example I found that *decreasing* core clock in Afterburner, (say if you're on the desktop and just have a browser open) INCREASES voltages. This doesn't make any sense to me, just another reason not to use A/B.
    post edited by flexy123 - 2015/05/24 10:59:26
    tonydeez
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 11:16:39 (permalink)
    I appreciate all the help you've given, so thanks a lot. So far so good on bios#4. I seem to be unable to handle 1506 MHz Core Clock despite having an ASIC quality of 72.4%, so that confirms that value is bogus in regards to OC potential, at least in my experience. I'm curious which driver version are you on? 352.86 seems to be causing web browser crashes for me and many others.
    flexy123
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 11:29:26 (permalink)
    Yeah I have found that 1506 at 1.187V is not entirely stable either (just found that yesterday) so I'd recommend for 1506 the 1.200V bios or for lower volts like 1.187V a slightly lower overclock, maybe 1480ish. It's of course difficult to say since every card is different and testing stability of someone else's card cannot be done "over the internet" :)

I am using the 350.12 "GTA V drivers" still. Haven't had time to play the Witcher, not even 10% into GTA V :)
    post edited by flexy123 - 2015/05/24 11:32:28
    tonydeez
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/24 11:40:35 (permalink)
    GTA V was awesome, I go back to playing it a lot even though it's finished. 352.86 fixed MFAA glitches in GTA V if you use that; it also improved performance for me a little bit, especially in the grassy areas of GTA V. The instability of the driver itself is a huge downer though.

As for the overclock, I've tried in decrements of ten from 1506 to 1443 at 1.186 V, suffice to say 1480 MHz did not work out for me.
    mars0222
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: Solution For "Black Screen" Problem For GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 (-2974) 2015/05/26 21:42:52 (permalink)
    Could please tell me how to install this rom? What tools can i use?
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile