EVGA

Software issues

Author
c1team
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/10/06 23:23:26 (permalink)
Got the card installed and everything on that front went smooth. For the software side I'm running into a few issues.

1. Nu Audio software didn't seem to add a start menu shortcut during the install. v0.2.0.7 on Windows version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 (1809)
2. The Save and Load feature is greyed out and I cant seem to use it. That a future release feature? I'm assuming this will be helpful for users with multiple headsets like myself. Using AT M50X and  Sennheiser Game One.
3. I also herd the crackling from the EQ when adjusting the 32, 64 sliders.
4. Whenever I use Ableton, the driver doesn't seem to release the ASIO and return back to direct when I close out. I get no audio and things like YouTube spin like it's buffering, same with local audio files. I have to log off and back in.
5. Didn't notice right away but I had line-in selected and my mic was still working.

6 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102300
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Software issues 2019/10/06 23:29:23 (permalink)
    forwarded to EVGA

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Software issues 2019/10/07 08:11:25 (permalink)
    c1team
    Got the card installed and everything on that front went smooth. For the software side I'm running into a few issues.

1. Nu Audio software didn't seem to add a start menu shortcut during the install. v0.2.0.7 on Windows version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 (1809)
    2. The Save and Load feature is greyed out and I cant seem to use it. That a future release feature? I'm assuming this will be helpful for users with multiple headsets like myself. Using AT M50X and  Sennheiser Game One.
    4. Whenever I use Ableton, the driver doesn't seem to release the ASIO and return back to direct when I close out. I get no audio and things like YouTube spin like it's buffering, same with local audio files. I have to log off and back in.
    5. Didn't notice right away but I had line-in selected and my mic was still working.

1. You can create a shortcut by going to the directory where the Nu Audio driver was installed (default: C:/program files (x86)/EVGA/Nu Audio Card and right click on "NUA" to create shortcut on your desktop
    2. Save and Load are for future use. If you notice, our Precision X1 software has a very similar interface and at some point we will be unifying the Nu Audio software into PX1. 
    3. Check the sampling rate and see if reducing it affects this crackling noise. When you say sliders are you referring to the Abelton software?
    4. I think this particular issue is software related which may be related to the latest update to the Nu Audio driver or possibly a Windows update but I will check with our product management. 
    While using Abelton, does the Nu Audio software indicate "ASIO  Active" or "ASIO not active" under set up?
    5. check the source for the mic in Windows audio properties under the recording tab.

c1team
    Re: Software issues 2019/10/07 19:46:06 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JoseR
    c1team

1. You can create a shortcut by going to the directory where the Nu Audio driver was installed (default: C:/program files (x86)/EVGA/Nu Audio Card and right click on "NUA" to create shortcut on your desktop
    2. Save and Load are for future use. If you notice, our Precision X1 software has a very similar interface and at some point we will be unifying the Nu Audio software into PX1. 
    3. Check the sampling rate and see if reducing it affects this crackling noise. When you say sliders are you referring to the Abelton software?
    4. I think this particular issue is software related which may be related to the latest update to the Nu Audio driver or possibly a Windows update but I will check with our product management. 
    While using Abelton, does the Nu Audio software indicate "ASIO  Active" or "ASIO not active" under set up?
    5. check the source for the mic in Windows audio properties under the recording tab.

1. Yes I did, thank you.
    2. Gotcha.
    3. I will actually go though most of the 24bit settings to see if it happens again. No, I was talking about the Nu Audio software EQ.
    4. okay. I will do more testing to see if i can provide more feedback.
    5. okay.

c1team
    Re: Software issues 2019/10/08 19:09:26 (permalink)
    4. So on the ASIO driver issue, I found the driver will release back after a few moments. This might be due with Ableton still closing?  The other thing is if an application is open during the change I would have to close the app and reopen it for the direct driver to work again. There more of a technical read up on the hand off between drivers?

_JoseR
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 826
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Software issues 2019/10/09 07:07:20 (permalink)
    c1team
    4. So on the ASIO driver issue, I found the driver will release back after a few moments. This might be due with Ableton still closing?  The other thing is if an application is open during the change I would have to close the app and reopen it for the direct driver to work again. There more of a technical read up on the hand off between drivers?

Thank you for the update!

I'll forward this to product management for review. I've actually seen others report similar behavior with the software.

Any news about the mic still working while the line-in was selected?

c1team
    Re: Software issues 2020/03/25 19:21:02 (permalink)
    Just updated driver from 2.1.7 to 2.1.10 on Win10 1809 and everything seems to be working so far.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile