EVGA

So where to start on ICue and Corsair

Author
Waukeen
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/06/29 10:59:47 (permalink)
Long story short the document linked in this has documentation to back it up, but I have finally said screw it and have been backing off the word I gave Corsair regarding this issue since they have yet to finish honoring the agreement.  There is no NDA associated with this, but I am posting here as they have gone back to 'business as usual' when it comes to basically ignoring the issues and the customers with those issues and when they do pop in to a thread it is to give the normal BS responses people have gotten in the past.

For the record this file is lengthy in some ways, and yes I was snarky in it but I wrote this up mostly as a draft to keep things in order, and to give some understanding to what exactly occurred.  As someone who has used Corsair RAM exclusively for nearly 20 years, and someone who was impressed with the other hardware they had on offer, they have done a great job of forcing me to change my mind on them with the one and only issue I have ever had with them in this time.  This is NOT the Corsair people are familiar with and I will no longer be using ANYTHING of theirs in the future as stuff gets replaced.  Nor will I recommend them to anyone who is looking to build a PC or who needs a replacement whatever.

If they still haven't fulfilled their end fully by August this will be posted directly to their own forums.  The only thing I have edited in this document is the name of the contact there because, while they should be shamed, I don't agree with throwing a specific person under a bus unless it is 100% warranted.  Although in this case it might just be.

One more thing to keep in mind on this, it was written at a time when things seemed to be coming to a conclusion but here we are months later and they have gone silent in addition to not honoring the agreement we had, which is the main reason why I am treating that agreement as null and void for now.

Corsair Draft Writeup

If you have questions you are welcome to ask, but depending on the information that answers it I may not answer due to personal beliefs on how far I want to go at the time.  Then again in August this will be a moot point and I won't have the same complications with information at that time.  And if they actually do finish honoring their end before then, this issue will be dropped.  But I do hope that anyone who takes the time to read this will seriously reconsider using Corsair products until after they have done some serious digging into the item and what people are saying about it.  Not reviewers but actual customers who have the item.

Cheers

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile