Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
TECH_DaveB
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 4893
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 46
2017/06/27 18:04:18 (permalink)
So as you may have guessed by the title I am moving on from EVGA.  Sounds weird saying that, as September would have been 9 years.  I was here for the launch of the X58s, the early days of Natemans CNC projects (I am still concerned that your basement will lead to machines building machines, and eventually skynet), and Hallowens earlier adventures in Phase change.  I have watched the tech industry grow and change, while at some level all staying the same.  EVGA was never a place I intended to land at, but when the economy imploded in 2008 I, along with 30% of the company I was at was laid off in one day, and after some temp jobs EVGA gave a home to a wayward IT guy.

In my time here I trained tons of new techs, learned a lot, and found a community I have really enjoyed being a part of.  I have thoroughly enjoyed these forums, and I hope my posts have been helpful over the years, or at least amusing, granted text doesn't always do justice to dry/dead pan humor.  I just tried to add some help from things I have experienced, tried to help fix some stuff, and add some more humor to the boards, and somehow along the way my word seemed to start carrying some real weight behind it.  Was never my intention, especially as someone who generally tries to keep a low profile, but I am pleasantly surprised, and even being out of customer service for a few years, I seem to be the go to guy in house as well.
I will be around on the forums some, I will have to make a new account and whatnot, just realized I won't hit my 5k milestone, well crap, not getting it now.  EVGA was an experience I wouldn't trade, made some lifelong friends here, and unfortunately buried a couple too, and took my hardware knowledge up several notches, not just for my own uses, but also learned from helping others, and learned from training the other techs as well, you learn a lot breaking things down to teach it more effectively, and I feel I am a better tech with a deeper understanding from learning to teach it.  Heck, the current Customer Service Manager for the US side is a guy I trained, and I believe they are in good hands, as are you all as customers.
Looking forward to more time talking about stuff I never thought someone would build in their basement (Nateman), the car talk (Zophar and Hallowen), and so much other general stuff from music, to weight training, to failing in the I LOLd so hard thread.  It will be strange, not hearing EVGATech_LeeM's baaaaad puns all day, or the several here like Rob (EVGARobB), Jaeson (EVGATech_JaesonW), and some others with our love of cooking SPICEY food, Jacobs really left field jokes, Jacob never trusting my food judgement again after I got him to try a Moruga Scorpion (I tried it first), and all the gushing about various scifi franchises and cars too.

So farewell all, and I will be around as I can with a new screen name.  Take care all, it has been a heck of a ride and one I will not forget.

47 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 18:06:38 (permalink)
    Thanks for all that you have done for us here and A Very Best in your New Venture.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/06/27 18:07:56

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 18:35:29 (permalink)

Cheers Dave - sorry to see you go, I bet that 9 years went way faster than you thought possible, time flies when you're having fun! Can we ask where your next adventure is leading you to? Onward and upward I hope, wherever it may be! Hope you stick around the forums.

Take care, and hopefully EVGA can keep your forum account and just remove you from the tech/moderator groups.

Cheers!

p.s. props for the Douglas Adams thread title reference.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 18:49:12 (permalink)

Sorry to see you go. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11100
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 19:07:02 (permalink)
    Good luck and thanks for all your help over the years.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 19:13:56 (permalink)
    EVGATech_DaveB
    and I will be around as I can with a new screen name. 

Glad to see you will still be around. 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 19:28:07 (permalink)
    Thanks Dave for helping EVGA become what it is today --> a great community and even better hardware

I would think the webmaster could just change your user name and credentials ---> as far as the 5k milestone goes ?

Enjoy your next adventure

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 19:30:13 (permalink)
    It's a bummer to see you go, and I hope the next adventure is awesome.
    wmmills
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5679
    • Ribbons : 40
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 19:55:20 (permalink)
    Wow, 9 years is a lot of time to leave and start something new, especially at a job that you seemed to really like. Wherever your going I hope it ends up just as fun, interesting, and personally gratifying as this one was. Good luck to you Dave and hopefully youll be able to make just as much time to hang here with us still.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
    http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
     Help Our Vets From K-2!
    [link=https://strongholdfreedom
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 21:00:15 (permalink)
    Sajin
    EVGATech_DaveB
    and I will be around as I can with a new screen name. 

Glad to see you will still be around. 

Agree BIG time. Your water cooling knowledge is superb and very helpful.

Hope the best for you in the future.
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 22:35:29 (permalink)
    Don't be a stranger here on the forum.  

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102311
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/27 22:43:01 (permalink)
    All the best to you and your family. Hope to see you again soon with a new name and title but maybe Rob can change your avatar name and title and you can keep your post count. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 00:13:01 (permalink)
    Hopefully you are moving on to something rewarding for you and your family and good to hear you plan to stick around the forums. I always like to hear when people leave a job and still like the company they worked for.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 09:41:17 (permalink)
    @BCav
    Thanks, and all the best as well.
    @Nereus
    Yeah, has definitely been a long time, I am moving back into the IT field.  Yes, Douglas Adams is awesome!
    @XRay
    THANKS!
    @Bill1024
    Glad to help, and Thanks!  BTW, love the Avatar
    @Sajin
    I will do my best, this is a great community.
    @CoolGTX
    Hadn't thought of that, maybe I will talk to the web admin and see what they can/will do.  And I am glad to have been a part of making this community what it is.
    @Scarlett
    Thanks!  Appreciate it!
    @WMMills
    There were definitely things I enjoyed here, this community was a big part of it, also, (many, including Jacob didn't get liking this) writing all those motherboard manuals, and the few BIOS Guides I was able to do, it was interesting work and required a very thorough understanding of hardware to do them as well as I did, and I know there will always be room for improvement.  I will do my best to find the time to stick around in the forums.
    @Kram
    Thanks a lot for the props, I do love build and designing/speccing water systems, been all water since my 7900GTX was new.  Tried a LOT of stuff over the years, some failed so miserably, and some worked better than expected.
    @Chaos
    I will do my best
    @RJ
    CYA RJ, but I will try to be around, and hopefully one of the web admins can help me to reach a goal of less than 10% of your post count LOL
    @Hoggle
    Yeah I am leaving on good terms, and I am not one to burn bridges for no reason, also my direct boss is Jacob, so ZERO negativity there, he is a good guy.

Thanks for the warm turnout guys, it is really appreciated!  Replies like these are why I like the community here, interesting and overall good group of people.
    zophar
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5183
    • Ribbons : 26
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 09:47:20 (permalink)
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't leave us Dave.

In all seriousness I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. You've definitely been a LOT of help with some off the wall questions I've had. Also it's always fun to see someone else with interests in cars and computers and I hope that we still have many conversations to come about the two subjects .

quadlatte
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7191
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 09:51:22 (permalink)
    it's always hard leaving a company you have been with for a long time but sometimes you have to make that move for the betterment of yourself and family. good luck with the new adventure.

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=72498
    Randolla
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1873
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 11:58:23 (permalink)
    Thank you!

Intel 5930K@ 4.3 Ghz
    ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme Motherboard 
    EVGA GeForce 1080Ti SC
    Case Labs Merlin Full Tower case 
    NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid CPU cooler
    32 Gbs G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4 2666
    EVGA  Supernova P1200 PSU
    Acer Predator X34 Monitor
    Samsung 512 Gb XP941 M2 SSD

HT Omega eClaro Soundcard[
    notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10345
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 12:32:02 (permalink)
    zophar

In all seriousness I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. You've definitely been a LOT of help with some off the wall questions I've had. Also it's always fun to see someone else with interests in cars and computers and I hope that we still have many conversations to come about the two subjects .

+1  << that was my first thought. Best of luck Dave, thanks for being a good part of the forums over the years. Don't be a stranger. 
    Davabled
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1755
    • Ribbons : 44
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 13:39:44 (permalink)
    Quick, someone at EVGA grab his towel!  He can't leave without a towel!
    TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 13:42:22 (permalink)
    Davabled
    Quick, someone at EVGA grab his towel!  He can't leave without a towel!

HAHAHAHAHA I literally LOL'd

That's funny.
    TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 13:45:30 (permalink)
    zophar

Thanks for the warm wishes, I have had some off the wall problems, so I can do off the wall questions :)  And most definitely yes, we share those interests, and there will be more conversations!

@Quadlatte
    Yeah, pretty much.  I think this is the best move for me right now.

@Randolla
    You are welcome!

@NotFordMan
    Glad to have been here4, and I will definitely visit.

It is really great getting this feedback form the community, thanks a lot guys.
    post edited by EVGATech_DaveB - 2017/06/28 13:50:32
    JosephL
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 662
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 15:15:36 (permalink)
    @EVGATech_DaveB The man, the legend! You have been a huge source for knowledge here at EVGA and we will miss you very much! I am sorry to see you go.

I have learned a lot from you and I hope we can keep in touch!

If you have a moment, please rate my service. We appreciate the feedback!
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 15:18:50 (permalink)
    Well, I don't want to carp on your parade, so instead I'll say that if there is a manual you've liked from EVGA, Dave probably worked on it.  Despite often being thrawn against tight deadlines, he's done his best to fill manuals with as much technical information as possible.  You also have him to thank for one of the best RAID guides in a motherboard manual, as well as the dustiest RAID FAQ ever written.

This community is fortunate to have many people who recognize the difficulty of both providing accurate technical information and the sometimes thankless side of it when things change at the last minute without an opportunity to correct it.  If nothing else, for everyone who's run into an issue or two with an EVGA product over the years, you've probably avoided thousands of them because of Dave's work behind the scenes over the years.  And even then, you've probably had those issues resolved because Dave's had a hand in training CS reps over the years and resolving bizarre issues, like when certain SLI bridges are installed upside-down.

Best of luck, Dave.  You will be missed, but not forgotten.
    TECH_DaveB
    EVGA Alumni
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 16:02:50 (permalink)
    @Andrew
    Yes we have had some great convos about music, not enough good stuff around these days imho.  But One of These Days, you can Breathe and hear the Echos of our discussions of great bands like Floyd, just like it was Summer of 68 .

@Joseph
    Thank you for the props good sir, unfortunately I did not get to work with you too much, but I have definitely enjoyed working with you when I have.  I am glad I was able to help.

@Lee
    Thanks, you are one of the few here who really know how much work goes into those, and the times I have bounced parts off of you to make sure they make sense for people who aren't hugely techy.  Thank you for the props, and holy crap man, you will not let the FAQ with the dusty monitor die will you?  Also thanks for the reference to a favorite character of mine in here too, LOL.  Can always count on you for wit and puns. 
    Viper97
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5208
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 16:34:03 (permalink)
    Love the title of the thread, great job in supporting we users. I'm sure you are a legend among your peers and those you have supported over the years. Thanks!

Tweaked
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10630
    • Ribbons : 29
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/28 20:00:27 (permalink)
    Congrats on the new job Dave. Best of luck, though I'm sure you won't need it.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
    nateman_doo
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11233
    • Ribbons : 56
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/29 06:27:53 (permalink)
    I still can't believe what I am reading!?  You are moving on?!  I walk away from the forums ONE day to finally mess with some D2 steel, and I come back this morning and see EVGA is loosing another great one.  I am so sad, yet so happy for you.  It takes a lot to finally move on.  I am sure there are so many things that go on behind the closed doors of EVGA that we as the common folks that have no idea, and i am sure it was stressful.  Yet you still rise to the occasion each and every time.  I truly wish you the best in what may come in the future.

Don't worry, my machines will keep building machines (how do you think the forge got built?  All my machines are self replicating!), and X ray will still spam the LOL thread.  You may even find it easier to hit that 5000 post milestone at your new job.  Milestones, and $5.00 will get you a happymeal.  Thats a bad joke meaning that milestones here mean nothing - its the content of the posts, not the post count of the character)... and wow do we have some characters here.  Myself included :)  But in all seriousness I consider this forum a second family for me.  My online home away from home.  My CNC still has, & will always has its own DAVE folder, for solid 1" thick delrin tops.  Seriously, who on earth but dave would want a 1" thick delrin topped waterblock!?

Dave, you will be missed.  Just dont be a stranger!  my email/txt/smoke signals/skynet apparatus  will always be here for you!  
    _ShannonR
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 438
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/29 07:49:31 (permalink)
    Rock on dave, it was an absolute pleasure working with you when I was there. I know you will be missed by the community but im sure you will be around. You are a good dude and much like myself I hope you blow up and keep killing it brother!

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
    3 Way TITAN Blacks
    TPX-1475 PSU
    LSI SSD RAID
    4960X 5.0GHz on Water
    64GB Patriot Viper 2400

Overclocking Graveyard
    Too many new chips to list.....980X I forget how high LN2,W3580 5.7 GHz 1.79V on LN2, W3520 4.9GHz 1.57V on LN2, E8600  5.9Ghz 1.68V on Dice, E8400  5.5Ghz 1.68V on Dice, Q6600  4.7Ghz 1.52V on Dice, Cel 430 4.2Ghz 1.62V on Dice
    Doubles
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1953
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/29 07:53:22 (permalink)
    Good luck on your next adventure Dave!

PC: i7 5930K// MSI Gaming 7//4x4 HyperX Predator 3000// MSI GTX 980ti// EVGA Supernova G2 1000w// Samsung 950 PRO m.2// Thermaltake Core P5 case// Dell S2716DG
    WC Setup:  XSPC Raystorm red// Blackice Nemesis 480 red rad// Monsoon hardline blood red// XSPC photon 270 res red// Uber D5 pump red
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish. 2017/06/29 08:25:31 (permalink)
    You're not going anywhere Dave ...........

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile