EVGA

So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
pututu
  • Total Posts : 43
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 08:29:48 (permalink)
Seems like recently EVGA has bumped up their msrp prices.... I guess the usual supply and demand thing. Expect to pay a bit more in this queue.
rawalshree
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 08:38:42 (permalink)
ExcaliburXVII
Yeah, I completely get it from a business perspective. I wish they wouldn't but I don't expect it to stop without some restrictions set by nVidia/partners, and I absolutely don't expect that to happen either. eVGA is the only company I could see maybe implementing those restrictions, but even then enforcement would be difficult.

Yeah that looks like a feasible option, but as you said it all depends on what the businesses are thinking. It's just the debate of whether they seriously want to stop bulk selling and fulfill the order for users like us. But yeah I don't expect that happening anytime soon. 
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 08:42:22 (permalink)
pututu
Seems like recently EVGA has bumped up their msrp prices.... I guess the usual supply and demand thing. Expect to pay a bit more in this queue.

At least its not absurdly high like other third party sellers. 5-10% markup is okay for me but if it's Anything more than 30% then I'd just wait lol.
pututu
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 08:57:17 (permalink)
rawalshree
pututu

At least its not absurdly high like other third party sellers. 5-10% markup is okay for me but if it's Anything more than 30% then I'd just wait lol.

In the current situation, the available supply is pretty much in the hands of the retailers (contract) and third party sellers, so yeah they are likely to markup more than the manufacturer itself as they directly control the inventory available for the customer. EVGA probably just hand out the "left overs" or "excess" inventory to us via this queue.

Justaregulargamer
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 09:15:30 (permalink)
Is there anyone that knows what is up with gpus with 3881, 3883? Last anyone heard of getting it has been in September 2020. 
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 09:27:25 (permalink)
pututu

It's actually related to global shipping issues, where the cost for shipping has gone up. 
Blackyk
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 10:35:20 (permalink)
I just did the Auto-Notify (Not an Elite member) on the 3080 TI XC3 Hydro ... I'll let you know when I get my email! I have alerts set so in theory I shouldn't miss it. ;) Sounds like some of you have been waiting for a long time though.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x GPU: MSI GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon X470 RAM: G.SKill TridentZ 16 Gig 3200mhz SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb Cooling: EKWB CPU Monoblock, Bykski GPU waterblock looped through 1x120mm Rad + 1x360mm Rad Monitor: MSI Optix MAG27CQ
stang99x
  • Total Posts : 53
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 11:51:22 (permalink)
rawalshree
ExcaliburXVII
SmookinJoe
 Update...I just re listened to the conversation and "the customer wired the money and they can't get 3090's for him...150 boards for $349,000 is being refunded"..

I honestly can't fault anybody buying an extra GPU or three to mine on, but people buying entire pallets should be kneecapped. I wish they'd kept his money.

Man that's a lot of GPU's TBH. That dude could have been literally secret Santa for 150 people wanting 3090's. But again it's the core debate on whether sites should allow such bulk orders from a single account. Well as long as the vendors get their money, I don't think they really care at all who gets the cards.... Which sucks for users who legit only wants 1-2 cards for gaming and stuff

You gotta have pretty deep pockets to buy a pallet of 3090's.  Granted knowing what you know now it would be a literal license to print money almost, but still.  150 cards at $1800 is $270k bucks.  I don't know many gamers, hell hardly even anyone with that kinda coin lyin around to invest in something that wasn't in short supply yet and had no guarantee.  One sudden bump in production and the bottom falls out then suddenly you're left holding the bag and that would suck.
rawalshree
stang99x
All that did was give miners a boost for 6 weeks when the hash rate of the network dropped when they all went offline.  They are 85% back online now just in new locations.  If you are willing to do a bit of work and have patience, you can find someone whose been sitting on a card trying to profit for several weeks and beat them down.  I even bought an Alienware computer for $2400 just to take the 3090 out of it. (My nephew needed a computer anyway so it worked out for me)  I also have an EVGA 3090ftw3 ultra I got for $2200 (which isn't much over retail after tax) and another EVGA 3090ftw3 ultra hybrid I bought for $2250.  It's all about finding those people who listed them for sale 4 or 5 weeks ago.  They become motivated when they notice that prices have indeed fallen with the release of the LHR cards.  The last 5 times I have been to Microcenter they have had 3080ti's on the shelf.  And the AMD stuff is literally full on the shelf in there.  6700, 6800, 6900 and all the crazy differences.  I'm not an AMD guy so I know little to nothing about them

My view on this is, I am ready to pay like 10percent extra for the cards but most of the cards I see from a third party seller are like crazy overpriced, prob 2x or 2.5x the retail price. I'd rather just wait than spend entire budget of my gaming PC on just one component. Doesn't make sense haha. But I guess you timed it correctly and bought the cards when people were selling them for relatively cheaper price. I wished I'd thought of that. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out in case such opportunity arises in future.

So obviously I stopped watching the for sale section after I got my 3rd card, I needed another about like I need a hole in my head.  But for the sake of this post I went and looked.  It does appear at this moment that the market has been driven back up a bit.  There are significantly less offerings than when I was looking.  I saw some full built computers with 3090 cards for $3000, but the lowest 3090 was 2700.  That is high.  Hell you can buy a refubished ALienware computer from Dell for $2600 that has a 3090 in it and you get all the parts to boot.  Granted the Dell card is not as well built or fast as an EVGA FTW3, but it's pretty dam close when dollars start to count.  Or you can sell the Alien minus the card and recoup some of your money.
post edited by stang99x - 2021/09/15 11:52:28

Rewards Code! SQ5PAMKCXE
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 16:47:50 (permalink)
stang99x

You gotta have pretty deep pockets to buy a pallet of 3090's.  Granted knowing what you know now it would be a literal license to print money almost, but still.  150 cards at $1800 is $270k bucks.  I don't know many gamers, hell hardly even anyone with that kinda coin lyin around to invest in something that wasn't in short supply yet and had no guarantee.  One sudden bump in production and the bottom falls out then suddenly you're left holding the bag and that would suck.

Well at least that's what we hope would happen once everything is back to normal. But in that case too if the prices do go back to normal, they can just sell their stock for the same MSRP and that would be enough for them to recover the principal amount invested + whatever they sold for profit. They only way I think they will be affected is if people stop buying from any third party sellers and just go straight to verified websites like evga to buy their stuff. 
stang99x
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 16:57:39 (permalink)
rawalshree
stang99x

Well at least that's what we hope would happen once everything is back to normal. But in that case too if the prices do go back to normal, they can just sell their stock for the same MSRP and that would be enough for them to recover the principal amount invested + whatever they sold for profit. They only way I think they will be affected is if people stop buying from any third party sellers and just go straight to verified websites like evga to buy their stuff. 

Well, my intended meaning would be that if everything went back to normal operations then you'd have no reason to buy from someone who had a pallet and gave you no receipt.  Based on the number of threads with people moaning about RMA'ing their cards it would seem the new line has their fair share of issues and I'd rather have a receipt from a major retailer than a note from a second hand seller.  For instance, when I bought mine I got the retail receipt with them.  That was non negotiable in the deal. The last thing I want to is spend a couple G's on a card only to lose it to a covered failure and not be able to provide the required proof of purchase.

Rewards Code! SQ5PAMKCXE
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 17:24:56 (permalink)
stang99x

Well, my intended meaning would be that if everything went back to normal operations then you'd have no reason to buy from someone who had a pallet and gave you no receipt.  Based on the number of threads with people moaning about RMA'ing their cards it would seem the new line has their fair share of issues and I'd rather have a receipt from a major retailer than a note from a second hand seller.  For instance, when I bought mine I got the retail receipt with them.  That was non negotiable in the deal. The last thing I want to is spend a couple G's on a card only to lose it to a covered failure and not be able to provide the required proof of purchase.

Yeah true, you've got a point. Having that proof of purchase from a major retailer would definitely be helpful in case there is an issue with the cards. I am not in favor of this from the start itself, but Another huge reason not to buy from any third party seller lol. I'd rather stay without a card than buy it at such ridiculously inflated price.
stang99x
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 18:23:58 (permalink)
rawalshree
stang99x

Yeah true, you've got a point. Having that proof of purchase from a major retailer would definitely be helpful in case there is an issue with the cards. I am not in favor of this from the start itself, but Another huge reason not to buy from any third party seller lol. I'd rather stay without a card than buy it at such ridiculously inflated price.

And I was right there with you, for the last 6-8 months as I waited for this to end.  But like so many other things (cars, batteries, chicken, etc) the shortages created by this poorly executed response to a virus by basically the whole world are not likely to end anytime soon.  I finally just told myself that if I did the math, the money I've lost by not mining for the last 6 months waiting on stock to return is not recoverable, whereas the excess money I'll pay for the cards is recoverable.  (Kinda like choosing to take Social Security at 64 or wait till 68....if it's even there when my generation retires)And the best mining stats all happened when China kicked out all the commercial mining operations and caused the network hash rate to drop by 20%+.  I was able to mine $300 a week running two 3090's and two gtx1080ti's.  Now that the Chinese that were offline have relocated and come back online, that same $300 takes 15 days to mine running three 3090's.  (The gtx1080ti's are offline as I put together a system specifically to mine with.  Only so much room in a case for PCiE stuff)

Rewards Code! SQ5PAMKCXE
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/15 20:50:09 (permalink)
stang99x
And I was right there with you, for the last 6-8 months as I waited for this to end.  But like so many other things (cars, batteries, chicken, etc) the shortages created by this poorly executed response to a virus by basically the whole world are not likely to end anytime soon.  I finally just told myself that if I did the math, the money I've lost by not mining for the last 6 months waiting on stock to return is not recoverable, whereas the excess money I'll pay for the cards is recoverable.  (Kinda like choosing to take Social Security at 64 or wait till 68....if it's even there when my generation retires)And the best mining stats all happened when China kicked out all the commercial mining operations and caused the network hash rate to drop by 20%+.  I was able to mine $300 a week running two 3090's and two gtx1080ti's.  Now that the Chinese that were offline have relocated and come back online, that same $300 takes 15 days to mine running three 3090's.  (The gtx1080ti's are offline as I put together a system specifically to mine with.  Only so much room in a case for PCiE stuff)

Honestly I only need one 3090 for my PC lol, I've no idea and Not interested in mining. So I don't think it's going to cost me anything to wait. That's why I'll probably just wait until the production is back to normal or if I get lucky enough to get one before. But the overall situation is worse cuz of scalpers who Buy cards using bots only to resell them at insanely high price. 
stang99x
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 06:58:47 (permalink)
rawalshree
stang99x

Honestly I only need one 3090 for my PC lol, I've no idea and Not interested in mining. So I don't think it's going to cost me anything to wait. That's why I'll probably just wait until the production is back to normal or if I get lucky enough to get one before. But the overall situation is worse cuz of scalpers who Buy cards using bots only to resell them at insanely high price. 

Your pretty much spot on with the bots and scalpers.  But let me give you another angle of thought.  I own a golf cart company.  We sell, service, customize etc etc.  We had 34 carts for sale in March of 2020.  By May of 2020 we had nothing left for sale and were struggling to locate reasonably priced wholesale carts.....and we use suppliers in 4 states.  Since May of 2020 up to today, we have sold about a total of 10 carts in that time, all trade ins or carts we bought not running from people who wanted them gone.  Carts have doubled in price for the lower end models since this time last year.  I took the approach of wait and see, and now I staring down the barrel of the industry not catching up for another 12-18 months.  Now mind you, a golf cart company with no golf carts to sell doesn't typically work out all to well.  Our biggest competitor who was the largest cart company in north GA went bankrupt.  We've been fortunate that with their bankruptcy we picked up all their rental business, and also that people have been pulling old, long since forgotten and neglected carts out of the garage, basement, field or where ever it's been sitting and they need lots of repairs.  But the point of that is, make sure you are content going another year or more without.  Looking back, thinking about that pallet conversation, I had the chance to buy a truckload of carts but the prices were $500 higher than what they'd been so I passed.  Now a truckload is expensive, with pre covid being a little over $100k for 40 carts.  When they started raising prices, that $100k became $124k which is a huge increase.  And that's why I passed.  Knowing what I know today, I'd have bought 10 truckloads at that price.  
But if you are content with the performance of what you have now, then yea wait it out.  I'd been running a pair of GTX1080ti's for the last 6-7 years and it ran everything I wanted without any issues.  If not for mining, I'd still be running the 1080's.

Rewards Code! SQ5PAMKCXE
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 08:49:03 (permalink)
stang99x
Your pretty much spot on with the bots and scalpers.  But let me give you another angle of thought.  I own a golf cart company.  We sell, service, customize etc etc.  We had 34 carts for sale in March of 2020.  By May of 2020 we had nothing left for sale and were struggling to locate reasonably priced wholesale carts.....and we use suppliers in 4 states.  Since May of 2020 up to today, we have sold about a total of 10 carts in that time, all trade ins or carts we bought not running from people who wanted them gone.  Carts have doubled in price for the lower end models since this time last year.  I took the approach of wait and see, and now I staring down the barrel of the industry not catching up for another 12-18 months.  Now mind you, a golf cart company with no golf carts to sell doesn't typically work out all to well.  Our biggest competitor who was the largest cart company in north GA went bankrupt.  We've been fortunate that with their bankruptcy we picked up all their rental business, and also that people have been pulling old, long since forgotten and neglected carts out of the garage, basement, field or where ever it's been sitting and they need lots of repairs.  But the point of that is, make sure you are content going another year or more without.  Looking back, thinking about that pallet conversation, I had the chance to buy a truckload of carts but the prices were $500 higher than what they'd been so I passed.  Now a truckload is expensive, with pre covid being a little over $100k for 40 carts.  When they started raising prices, that $100k became $124k which is a huge increase.  And that's why I passed.  Knowing what I know today, I'd have bought 10 truckloads at that price.  
But if you are content with the performance of what you have now, then yea wait it out.  I'd been running a pair of GTX1080ti's for the last 6-7 years and it ran everything I wanted without any issues.  If not for mining, I'd still be running the 1080's.

Yeah I understand the missed opportunity case even if the prices are relatively higher. But as you said I'll just wait out the shortage even if its a year or 2. I guess I've waited for for soooo long so what a little longer 😂
Eskimo_Jo
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 116
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 08:56:01 (permalink)
EVGA, like other manufacturers had to set warranty only for the original buyer. To much scalpers resell this card on Ebay. Simply they didn't care
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 08:58:52 (permalink)
Eskimo_Jo
EVGA, like other manufacturers had to set warranty only for the original buyer. To much scalpers resell this card on Ebay. Simply they didn't care

Oh I thought they had that already. Amazed to know otherwise.
If they do this then it would definitely discourage people from buying from third party seller without warranty or Papers
stang99x
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 10:14:14 (permalink)
rawalshree
Eskimo_Jo

If they do this then it would definitely discourage people from buying from third party seller without warranty or Papers

Not really.  The scalpers just buy and give you the receipt.  The first card I bought the kid had had it for less than 18 hours according to the receipt he gave me with it.  The way around the first owner only warranty is no register the warranty unless you have to.  That way if you decided to sell it you could give the buyer the receipt and they could register it.  These days, you either do that or you do like you are and go without.  I dunno about you but I ain't standing in line for hours in the wee hours of the morning to get first shot at new inventory, as many around here still are.

Rewards Code! SQ5PAMKCXE
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 12:02:35 (permalink)
stang99x
rawalshree

Not really.  The scalpers just buy and give you the receipt.  The first card I bought the kid had had it for less than 18 hours according to the receipt he gave me with it.  The way around the first owner only warranty is no register the warranty unless you have to.  That way if you decided to sell it you could give the buyer the receipt and they could register it.  These days, you either do that or you do like you are and go without.  I dunno about you but I ain't standing in line for hours in the wee hours of the morning to get first shot at new inventory, as many around here still are.

For the warranty workaround, if the original buyer doesn't register and gives it to another with receipt, can they not verify the purchase account. I mean the accounts will be different for the first buyer and while registering the product for warranty the next buyer would use their own account. Unless the first buyer keeps on making new accounts for buying and giving the account details along with receipt to the next buyer. Looks like a lot of work lol
stang99x
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 12:26:26 (permalink)
rawalshree
stang99x
rawalshree

For the warranty workaround, if the original buyer doesn't register and gives it to another with receipt, can they not verify the purchase account. I mean the accounts will be different for the first buyer and while registering the product for warranty the next buyer would use their own account. Unless the first buyer keeps on making new accounts for buying and giving the account details along with receipt to the next buyer. Looks like a lot of work lol

You're only thinking about the cards bought direct.  Remember, all the major retailers carry them as well.  The one I bought I got from a guy who got it from Microcenter.  But you have best buy, B&H, newegg, etc that all sell the cards as well.  As to the purchase direct cards, you could say the person who bought it for you was a relative giving it to you as a gift.  Or make something else up, I don't think they are that hyper focused on it.  I could be wrong though.  And believe it or not, very few companies do any tracking by name.  You could get 3 credit cards from the same bank and they wouldn't know anything about the others as they don't view their internal records that way.  Or like say you had a Credit card from X bank and defaulted on it.  You could apply again for another card and they don't have internal records showing you just defaulted on them available to use in the decision for the new card.  The way companies use data these days is, to say the least inefficient in many ways. (and intrusive in many others)

Rewards Code! SQ5PAMKCXE
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 14:03:00 (permalink)
stang99x
rawalshree

You're only thinking about the cards bought direct.  Remember, all the major retailers carry them as well.  The one I bought I got from a guy who got it from Microcenter.  But you have best buy, B&H, newegg, etc that all sell the cards as well.  As to the purchase direct cards, you could say the person who bought it for you was a relative giving it to you as a gift.  Or make something else up, I don't think they are that hyper focused on it.  I could be wrong though.  And believe it or not, very few companies do any tracking by name.  You could get 3 credit cards from the same bank and they wouldn't know anything about the others as they don't view their internal records that way.  Or like say you had a Credit card from X bank and defaulted on it.  You could apply again for another card and they don't have internal records showing you just defaulted on them available to use in the decision for the new card.  The way companies use data these days is, to say the least inefficient in many ways. (and intrusive in many others)

Yeah I was more focused on the ones bought directly from the Websites, didn't think about the ones bought from other retailers. Having that makes it more difficult to differentiate between first buyer and resell buyer. I guess then I have no idea how they'll defeat this scalping and reselling.

EVGA_Lee
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 14:05:10 (permalink)
Yeah, I think it would be worthwhile to point out that we do catch nearly everyone who tries to claim to be the original owner when they've really purchased a product secondhand.  Too much information is given on proof of purchases these days and too many other details are easy for us to look up through different resellers.  And we've heard the "a relative gifted the card to me" a million times over the years.  Sometimes it's true, but more often than not there are just way too many inconsistencies and most people are not very good liars.  Moreover, receiving a card as a gift doesn't technically make you the original owner either; in cases where we believe the customer is being honest, we usually allow the warranty transfer, though (but please don't expect the warranty to change if you received the gift a year after it was originally purchased....).  With that said, sure, some fraud gets by, but not very often.

However, it's more important to remember that most of our retail products carry a global warranty that transfers to secondary owners.  So, basically, there's no real point of going through the song and dance of trying to convince us that your 4th cousin thrice removed on your step-mother's side gifted you with an RTX 3090 out of the goodness of his/her heart when tragically passing away in a gymnastics accident involving a moped, black ice, and clowns.  You get my drift.  Yes, second-hand owners lose out on things like an extended warranty, the ability to Step-Up, and the ability to select Cross-shipping as an RMA option.  Instead, you still get the remainder of the warranty from the date the product shipped from EVGA, and you get the same service as if you were the original owner.

Just want to make sure that you're all on the same page here, since it seems there might be a misconception that secondhand owners do not have a warranty.
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 14:24:47 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Yeah, I think it would be worthwhile to point out that we do catch nearly everyone who tries to claim to be the original owner when they've really purchased a product secondhand.  Too much information is given on proof of purchases these days and too many other details are easy for us to look up through different resellers.  And we've heard the "a relative gifted the card to me" a million times over the years.  Sometimes it's true, but more often than not there are just way too many inconsistencies and most people are not very good liars.  Moreover, receiving a card as a gift doesn't technically make you the original owner either; in cases where we believe the customer is being honest, we usually allow the warranty transfer, though (but please don't expect the warranty to change if you received the gift a year after it was originally purchased....).  With that said, sure, some fraud gets by, but not very often.

However, it's more important to remember that most of our retail products carry a global warranty that transfers to secondary owners.  So, basically, there's no real point of going through the song and dance of trying to convince us that your 4th cousin thrice removed on your step-mother's side gifted you with an RTX 3090 out of the goodness of his/her heart when tragically passing away in a gymnastics accident involving a moped, black ice, and clowns.  You get my drift.  Yes, second-hand owners lose out on things like an extended warranty, the ability to Step-Up, and the ability to select Cross-shipping as an RMA option.  Instead, you still get the remainder of the warranty from the date the product shipped from EVGA, and you get the same service as if you were the original owner.

Just want to make sure that you're all on the same page here, since it seems there might be a misconception that secondhand owners do not have a warranty.

I think the no warranty we were talking about was from eBay, I haven't entertained any purchased from eBay so can't really say if we get to claim the warranty or not. But I love the specifics of excuses haha, I almost believed it /s.  

So what happens when you catch someone lying about the card being a gift from certain someone or some other excuses. Like what can be done they already have the card lol
EVGA_Lee
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 15:31:55 (permalink)
Ebay purchases (unless it's from EVGA's official Ebay page) would be considered secondhand.  You would still have a warranty according to our secondhand warranty policy if the product qualifies by part number.  Yes, that means if you buy a card from a scalper, you will likely have the remainder of the warranty term, but you wouldn't have access to programs like Extended Warranty, Step-Up, Cross-ship RMA, or promotions.

We know that people stretch the truth when contacting us for a number of things.  Most of the time it's unnecessary and only because people are afraid that we'll decline warranty for things that we do actually cover, like overclocking and changing your thermal paste and thermal pads.  We also know that you probably haven't tested your card in three other systems, stripped your motherboard down to barebones before testing again, or reinstalled three different versions of Windows before calling us to request an RMA, even though you tell us you have.  Sometimes it's also amazing how much troubleshooting people forgot they've already done until a tech asks them whether they've tried specific steps.  But that's OK.

Anything short of outright fraud means you'll still have a warranty.  Generally, most people eventually back down from their card's origin story once they realize they're still covered under a secondhand warranty.  There are some that persist, but it starts getting difficult when we need to examine a proof of purchase - especially when it's been 'shopped; there's usually an interesting relationship to how obvious the 'shop is and how hard some people try, but we can tell from some of the pixels, and from seeing quite a few shops in our time. 

Ultimately, people who purchase from scalpers are still going to have a warranty (unless they purchase an -RX or other part number that does not qualify for a second hand warranty).  It's part of our warranty terms, and we can't change those just because some people choose to resell the products online or purchase the products from an unauthorized reseller.
stang99x
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 18:50:45 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
 However, it's more important to remember that most of our retail products carry a global warranty that transfers to secondary owners.  So, basically, there's no real point of going through the song and dance of trying to convince us that your 4th cousin thrice removed on your step-mother's side gifted you with an RTX 3090 out of the goodness of his/her heart when tragically passing away in a gymnastics accident involving a moped, black ice, and clowns.  You get my drift.  Yes, second-hand owners lose out on things like an extended warranty, the ability to Step-Up, and the ability to select Cross-sipping as an RMA option.  Instead, you still get the remainder of the warranty from the date the product shipped from EVGA, and you get the same service as if you were the original owner.

I was wondering if someone would be monitoring.  I was almost hesitant to type it.  But with the market the way it is and pretty much having to deal with scalpers if you want something prior to 2022, I figure many people are suffering from the same fear.  Not sure how the rumor started about no second hand warranty, but it stuck quite well.  But over many years I've had quite a large number of graphics cards and prior to the one 3090 that had the RLOD, the last card I had that failed was a BFG gtx295.  And BFG went out of business before mine died so I got no warranty out of it.  Pretty sure the power company killed that card when they unannounced removed my meter to install a newer digital one.  I run my cards pretty hard at times, so most of the stuff is well built enough not to worry me.  I don't think you'll have all to many people wanting cross shipping RMA's as long it is nearly $4000 on hold to do it on a 3090.  I could be wrong, and I certainly understand why it is done after talking to a CSR, but it was enough to make me wait a week on my card.  And truth be told, over the years I have bought mixed names for components and never really concerned myself with brand.  Here later in life I am kinda moving the goalposts and starting to stick with one brand in all things, that being EVGA in the computer sector.  PSUs, GPUs etc.  It's a well known, long standing name.  ANd you learn to value that more the older you get.

Rewards Code! SQ5PAMKCXE
rawalshree
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/16 20:35:17 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
Ebay purchases (unless it's from EVGA's official Ebay page) would be considered secondhand.  You would still have a warranty according to our secondhand warranty policy if the product qualifies by part number.  Yes, that means if you buy a card from a scalper, you will likely have the remainder of the warranty term, but you wouldn't have access to programs like Extended Warranty, Step-Up, Cross-ship RMA, or promotions.

We know that people stretch the truth when contacting us for a number of things.  Most of the time it's unnecessary and only because people are afraid that we'll decline warranty for things that we do actually cover, like overclocking and changing your thermal paste and thermal pads.  We also know that you probably haven't tested your card in three other systems, stripped your motherboard down to barebones before testing again, or reinstalled three different versions of Windows before calling us to request an RMA, even though you tell us you have.  Sometimes it's also amazing how much troubleshooting people forgot they've already done until a tech asks them whether they've tried specific steps.  But that's OK.

Anything short of outright fraud means you'll still have a warranty.  Generally, most people eventually back down from their card's origin story once they realize they're still covered under a secondhand warranty.  There are some that persist, but it starts getting difficult when we need to examine a proof of purchase - especially when it's been 'shopped; there's usually an interesting relationship to how obvious the 'shop is and how hard some people try, but we can tell from some of the pixels, and from seeing quite a few shops in our time. 

Ultimately, people who purchase from scalpers are still going to have a warranty (unless they purchase an -RX or other part number that does not qualify for a second hand warranty).  It's part of our warranty terms, and we can't change those just because some people choose to resell the products online or purchase the products from an unauthorized reseller.

Interesting. Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I guess it all makes sense now. 
dadashshn
Flagged as Spam (5)
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/17 01:11:41 (permalink)
I very much agree with you
Kasque
Flagged as Spam (7)
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/24 00:16:11 (permalink)
i think they have to because of processor penury
zizqa
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/25 00:06:26 (permalink)
I strongly believe that GPU makers start considering delaying the release of the next series until supply increases.
Nozler
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2043
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: So is the supply chain fixed for 30 series manufacturing? 2021/09/25 01:46:50 (permalink)
Kasque
i think they have to because of processor penury

100 posts in four days my my what a busy fella u r. Cute kitty pic btw

heatware

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile