Single 560 radiator ?

Author
knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 14
2017/03/16 20:41:44 (permalink)
Would a single 560x45 radiator be enough for two GPU's and single CPU?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-ce-560-quad
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-pwm-incl-sl-pump

Im guessing a total of 600watts of heat?

4 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Single 560 radiator ? 2017/03/16 20:46:21 (permalink)
    They say at least 1 120 per Water Block +1 so it should be.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Single 560 radiator ? 2017/03/16 21:19:56 (permalink)
    Should be good to go

I've got some good water cooling links in this post I made
    https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2534039

If you want to see the math on thermal loads and such

excerpt:
    TDP & Calculating Delta-T

"When it comes to figuring out how much radiator you need for your specific loop, you have to start doing some math. I know that we all have been building a loop and thought, ‘how many, what size and what kind of radiators do I need for this loop to stay cool like I want?’ The first thing to remember is that delta-T in a watercooling is the direct relationship of load temperature of the water in your loop when compared to ambient air temps. If your room ambient air temperature is 27°C, and load water temp is 34°C, this gives you an approximate Delta of 7°C - assuming you are running 100% load on all components being cooled by the loop. Basically, delta-T is a mathematical derivative of your ambient room temperature, flow rate, heat to be dissipated (in watts - loop TDP x 85% at load) and the ability of your radiator to dissipate heat (in watts) depending on fans used to produce the cooling impact by the loop as a whole. While this sounds complicated, let me say that yes, it can be if you make it, but it doesn't have to be overly difficult if you keep it simple. We're going to attempt to do both for explanation and comparison.

First tip: Google is your best friend to help find TDP (Thermal Design Power) of your components to be cooled in your loop.

Finding out what the TDP or your CPU or GPU is can be as simple as doing some web searches by; ex. Google for ‘i7 2600k TDP', ‘GTX 580 TDP’, or ‘AMD 6970 TDP’. Remember to account for all components…if you run a multi-card graphics setup, you need to include the TDP values for all cards in the total. For example, our i7 2600k has a stock TDP of about 95 watts at 100% load (estimated). If we have a 2x SLI setup of GTX 580’s, we are looking at about 244 watts at 100% load, per card. Total? About 583 watts in heat that these three components can potentially produce when at 100% load, simultaneously; it's also safe to consider that heat dissipation can never be 100% efficient of power consumption, so even calculating 85-90% of your TDP total is pretty safe. (This also translates very closely to wattage when you need to consider a power supply for your system, but you need to account for the remaining components: motherboard, fans, hard drives, DVD drives, etc.

To help calculate a full system TDP, you can download the interactive TDP and radiator estimation sheet (link) I put together to help you."

edit for clarity---- I did not make the spreadsheet, that is a direct quote from the source link

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Single 560 radiator ? 2017/03/17 10:51:13 (permalink)
    Nice Spreadsheet GTX.  
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Single 560 radiator ? 2017/03/17 11:08:46 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    Nice Spreadsheet GTX.  

I can not take credit for it -------->I found it in the linked site I got the excerpt from

I made an edit to my original post for clarity

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile