EVGA

Serial number on box sticker acceptable for warranty?

Author
jimmyblk
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/10/26 12:18:30 (permalink)
Hello.
I have recently bought a GTX 1060 SC on craigslist and it did not come with a sticker on the back of the GPU. However the seller had the original box with the serial number on it which he claimed would still be acceptable for RMA if I cut that out and send it together. 
There's nothing wrong with the card right now and I checked the serial on box at EVGA guest RMA page and it seems everything is alright but I would like to get a confirmation from others and possibly from EVGA staff.

Thanks

6 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Serial number on box sticker acceptable for warranty? 2017/10/26 12:21:05 (permalink)
    No, that won't be acceptable.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Serial number on box sticker acceptable for warranty? 2017/10/26 12:59:29 (permalink)
    Warranty Terms  (USA)  https://www.evga.com/supp...rranty/graphics-cards/
    Product condition:

This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Product by the Purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover:

• Graphics Cards that are modified by customer outside of factory specifications and/or not in factory condition.
    • Graphics Cards with modification to the serial number and/or factory identification labels whether removed, relocated, falsified, defaced, damaged, altered or made illegible.

Best to contact EVGA and discus your options   (maybe there is a secondary serial number somewhere ?)

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14686
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: Serial number on box sticker acceptable for warranty? 2017/10/26 19:32:06 (permalink)
    Like Cool GTX said, best to contact evga to discuss it.

dvd777
    • Total Posts : 20
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Serial number on box sticker acceptable for warranty? 2017/10/26 22:11:02 (permalink)
    Why the hell would somebody sell or buy GPU card w/o serial number sticker? Every single vendor has the same policy on MBO and GPU card, even that low profile Inno3D...

In that case, how to determine is SN the same on box and on the card? I cannot imagine that sticker fell of by itself so probably there was some foul play.
    post edited by dvd777 - 2017/10/26 22:13:07
    EVGATech_JaesonW
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 910
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Serial number on box sticker acceptable for warranty? 2017/10/27 12:42:59 (permalink)
    Hello jimmyblk and welcome to the forums!

Missing serial number stickers are handled on a case-by-case basis. If you ever need to RMA the card, we will definitely try to work with you. I highly recommend at the very least registering the card with us using that serial number, just in case you ever lose the box. That way, we have it on record for you.

EVGA Customer Service Manager
    Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    Slimshiesty
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2933
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Serial number on box sticker acceptable for warranty? 2017/11/02 10:55:03 (permalink)
    I have had a couple vid cards where the stickers kept coming up.
    I would try to press them back onto the card, but eventually would come up again, one even fell off after about a year.

Sometimes the stickers are put on hastily, and not pressed firmly, on top of that sometimes there on multiple solder joints, so when the adhesive dries out, they tend to come off.

Just my experience, and may have happened the the person who the op purchased this card.

Good luck!

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
    MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
    GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
    MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
    PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
    CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile