EVGA

AnsweredSeconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM

Author
LorenSid
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/24 08:08:47 (permalink)
i Bought a 1080ti KINGPIN Model last year when i was in USA, Second hand and brought it in my luggage, until then, fine. but less than a week ago my card just passed away, woke up in the morning and didn't send any video to my monitor.

i used the guest rma last year, directly in NA Evga without any problem and got my warranty but now they said i cant open a RMA directly in NA with them and i need to open here in LATAM... i've seen here in the topics that u dont need the original invoice to get your warranty but they are asking me here the first owner invoice, but its obvious that he got it in a authorized reseller cause its a kingpin, so, what should i do?

PS: Sorry for the english, xD 
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30982
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/24 08:44:33 (permalink)
You got a receipt (from the person you bought the card from) when you purchased the card ?

PayPal, Credit Card

https://latam.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/

https://latam.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/

https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

EVGA Latin America

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

LorenSid
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/24 08:50:01 (permalink)
 he bought it in microcenter and doenst have the invoice and i pick it up with him cause he was building a watercooled pc and kingpin was hard to get a waterblock, but as a said, they want me to send the original and first invoice, and i really dont get it since the card is an evga card and doenst have more than 3 years old, its complicated, i always use evga for the warranty, since GTX 780 but its the first time i'm getting this headache and dont wanna lose a thousand dollar card like this.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30982
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/24 08:51:31 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby LorenSid 2018/07/24 08:55:20
Your receipt,  ...  when You bought the card

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

LorenSid
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/24 08:57:38 (permalink)
Oh, i think he can send me one, by the time i bought it, the Guest rma was still up and we both knew that, so it was clean, pay and get it. but with the receipt, will i get my warranty ? its really worrying me.
_JoseR
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 826
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/24 09:50:10 (permalink)
LorenSid
i Bought a 1080ti KINGPIN Model last year when i was in USA, Second hand and brought it in my luggage, until then, fine. but less than a week ago my card just passed away, woke up in the morning and didn't send any video to my monitor.

i used the guest rma last year, directly in NA Evga without any problem and got my warranty but now they said i cant open a RMA directly in NA with them and i need to open here in LATAM... i've seen here in the topics that u dont need the original invoice to get your warranty but they are asking me here the first owner invoice, but its obvious that he got it in a authorized reseller cause its a kingpin, so, what should i do?

PS: Sorry for the english, xD 

I see that you have already contacted some of our techs in LATAM support about this issue. I'm going to email you directly to get this sorted out. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/24 10:01:48 (permalink)
EVGATech_JoseR posted that he was emailing you, but I had already typed, so i am going to send this over for you. Hopefully you can get the original receipt.

Just because he has a K|ngp|n card does not specifically mean it came from an authorized reseller, as they could have purchased second hand themselves. EVGA cant prove where it comes from without proof of purchase.

A guest RMA is a standard rma. You are not the original owner.

I know EVGA handles warranty differently in LATAM, but you will need to speak with someone from the LATAM team directly to get the answer you are looking for. If the person you purchased the card from can not find the original receipt, I do not think the warranty will follow the card.

If the card was registered to his account, it will show that the card was previously owned. So you will need the original receipt.

——————————————

LATAM warranty terms below:

The standard RMA requires that you be the original owner of the product and can provide proof of purchase in the form of an invoice or receipt.

El RMA estándar requiere que sea el dueño original del producto y pueda proveer un comprobante de compra en forma de factura o recibo.

——————————————————-

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second Hand Buyers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand buyers with valid proof of purchase from a reseller. The limited warranty of any Product that was originally shipped from EVGA.com or an Authorized Distributor as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand buyers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.

Garantía Limitada Transferible (Compradores de Segunda Mano)

Sujeto a los términos y condiciones de esta Garantía Limitada, la Garantía Limitada Transferible está disponible para compradores de segunda mano con un comprobante de compra válido de un revendedor. La garantía limitada de cualquier Producto que originalmente fue enviado desde EVGA.com o un Distribuidor Autorizado como demo o premio no es transferible a compradores de segunda mano y no es cubierta por la Garantía Limitada Transferible.
LorenSid
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/24 10:10:56 (permalink)
i Think EVGA has this control, they know if i'm the first to register the card and i'm, i guess, and its very sad to see the difference between the warranty in the same product just because i'm in LATAM, EVGA was always my first choice, the warranty sold me out everytime, i've been buying evga since GTX 780, 1070,1080... even my motherboard, always for the warranty that was fantastic, i'm hopeful this is going to be resolved, i dont wanna a thousand dollar paper weight. 
_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
  • Total Posts : 652
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/07/31 22:06:06 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one

I know EVGA handles warranty differently in LATAM, but you will need to speak with someone from the LATAM team directly to get the answer you are looking for. If the person you purchased the card from can not find the original receipt, I do not think the warranty will follow the card.

If the card was registered to his account, it will show that the card was previously owned. So you will need the original receipt.

This is not correct, the original owners proof of purchase is not required for a second hand owner. The proof of purchase required for second hand owners would be showing their purchase from the previous owner. 

Everything is security. 
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/08/01 03:32:49 (permalink)
EVGATech_JeffP
the_Scarlet_one

This is not correct, the original owners proof of purchase is not required for a second hand owner. The proof of purchase required for second hand owners would be showing their purchase from the previous owner. 

If only EVGA management would make a sticky post to clear up the confusion with the warranty changed made on May 25th 2018. Management knows people have asked for it, yet here we are in August still waiting.  

We have been told conflicting information from EVGA reps and EVGA forum volunteers. A sticky post to have the CORRECT information would help everyone. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/08/01 03:52:39 (permalink)
EVGATech_JeffP

EVGA LATAM Warranty
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand buyers with valid proof of purchase from a reseller. The limited warranty of any Product that was originally shipped from EVGA.com or an Authorized Distributor as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand buyers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.

Would a handwritten note saying “My name is John Doe, I sold my gou, serial number xxxxx to ted bundy, and he now takes over the transferable warranty.” Count as proof of purchase?

If not, EVGA needs to provide clear requirements for what you are asking, rsther than waiting weeks to vaguely answer a simple question.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/08/01 03:54:14
_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/08/01 04:13:53 (permalink)
the_Scarlet_one

Would a handwritten note saying “My name is John Doe, I sold my gou, serial number xxxxx to ted bundy, and he now takes over the transferable warranty.” Count as proof of purchase?

If not, EVGA needs to provide clear requirements for what you are asking, rsther than waiting weeks to vaguely answer a simple question.

That hasn't happened to my knowledge so we would not be able to say one way or the other. 

Everything is security. 
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/08/01 06:49:40 (permalink)
So EVGA cant provide clarifications on minimum requirements because it hasnt happened.. isn't the goal to be proactive, not react after the fact?

By the way, LeeM was able to provide the answer in a completely separate thread. This would be a good example of why a sticky thread with the requirements is a good idea, so that users aren’t searching all over to find the answers.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/08/01 12:42:29 (permalink)
A handwritten note is acceptable. 
_JeffP
EVGA Alumni
Re: Seconda-Hand EVGA Warranty in LATAM 2018/08/04 05:54:32 (permalink)
LeeM is authorized to post information that I am not. 

Everything is security. 
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile