EVGA

Second User on PC Constant EVGA Reboot Required Message

Author
Macaroni323
  • Total Posts : 14
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/18 10:07:52 (permalink)
I have the EVGA Nu Audio card installed and the sound card appears to be functioning correctly on the computer.  I have a second user (not an administrator) and when that user logs in they constantly get a message when they login the first time after a boot up:

"A Windows update has recently finished.  You will need to restart your computer to complete your EVGA's audio update.  Do you want to restart now?"
With an "OK" and "Cancel" button.

If they press the "OK" the computer will then reboot only to end up with the same message when they login again which reboots if they again select "OK."  "Cancel" will clear the message without the reboot but it pops up upon every reboot when they login in which case they must always press "Cancel."  The main user (who is an administrator) does not get any such message.  Upon boot if the admin user logs in there is no message buy when the second non-administrator user is "fast user switched" to they will get the message upon their first log on.

Has anyone seen this?  Is there a way to stop/clear the message from showing up on the second user's logon?  The computer has been rebooted many times since any EVGA updates have been done.  I originally had System Properties > Hardware (tab) > Device Installation Settings set to "Yes (recommended)" when I originally installed the EVGA card driver but now I've set this setting to "No (your device might not work as expected)" and then reinstalled the driver (thinking Windows 10 was over-writing the driver in Windows Update) but that does not stop this message.

3 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Second User on PC Constant EVGA Reboot Required Message 2020/03/18 15:30:33 (permalink)
    Which NU Audio card do you have?  The original or the Pro? Which driver version/firmware version do you have installed?

Have you reinstalled the driver on both user accounts?  It sounds like you have, but I want to confirm.

I've seen some odd Windows Update issues that have migrated data over to a second user account, which can cause problems.  However, I believe this is one that we've either been looking into or fixed with a recent driver.

Edit:  I asked another member to try this for the issue you described, but didn't get a response back yet:

1) Remove the EVGA audio driver 
    2) Download and run DDU, remove Realtek Audio Driver.  You can get it from here:  https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v18022-released
    3) Reinstall the EVGA audio driver
    post edited by EVGATech_LeeM - 2020/03/18 16:33:28
    Macaroni323
    • Total Posts : 14
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Second User on PC Constant EVGA Reboot Required Message 2020/03/18 20:13:39 (permalink)
    Thanks for the response Lee,

I actually "guessed" your solution.  I've had a lot of issues using the Nu Audio 712-P1-AN01-KR sound card that I determined could be due to the VB-Audio control add-ons (being used with the Realtek audio) that were installed before I installed the Nu Audio card.  I also had a strange crash when installing the original driver v0.2.1.7 which may have also contributed.  I was unable to get the Nu Audio card to work with VB-Audio's Voicemeeter controller (stuttering audio) and I installed VB-Audio's HiFi Cable in lieu of Voicemeeter but that seemed to develop some issues also.  I seemed to notice that the configurations were not stable from boot-to-boot (also sound not recovering from computer sleep) not to mention the "odd" reboot required message on the other account.  After updating the driver from v0.2.1.7 to v0.2.1.10, I was able to get Voicemeeter to partially work but the "odd" reboot message was still there and there were some other issues with sound applications.  That's when I sent the forum message.  A few hours ago, I decided to clean house on the machine.  I uninstalled all VB-Audio applications, Nu Audio driver/applications and to remove the HD Audio drivers (connected to my NVidia graphics card) I uninstalled the NVidia graphics driver.  I made sure all left over files were cleared from the machine and using a registry cleaner (many people don't like this) I cleared the registry of all pointers to the removed applications and drivers.  A reboot to start fresh and then one-by-one I reinstalled the latest NVidia graphics driver (reboot), The EVGA Nu Audio driver only (reboot) and then the latest version of VB-Audio Voicemeeter.  It seems that everything came up and running (graphics and sound) and now I am able to get VoiceMeeter working.  All are acting stable for about 3 reboots.  A quick check of the second account login indicates the "odd" reboot message is no longer there.  I am not using the Realtek audio (the drivers were uninstalled and hardware deactivated in BIOS before I installed the Nu Audio card).  I didn't use the DDU but effectively performed all the steps outlined above and it looks like I'm back in business.  I will update if I find any other suspicious activity.

Thanks for your help.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Second User on PC Constant EVGA Reboot Required Message 2020/03/19 09:12:31 (permalink)
    Glad to hear it's sorted out.  Let us know if there's any other problems you run into.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile