Scalpers say the press treats them unfairly; they are a 'valuable industry'

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2119
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Scalpers say the press treats them unfairly; they are a 'valuable industry' 2021/03/21 17:57:21 (permalink)
Transaction times are 1 billion times to slow for any cryptocurrency to work, blockchain is just as slow

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Scalpers say the press treats them unfairly; they are a 'valuable industry' 2021/03/21 19:11:01 (permalink)
phantomshroom
I also found out that several agencies have been monitoring ALL forms of crypto mining & the owners wallets & transactions for many years now & can trace all activities. I don't crypto mine but some of my friends do & to see if my family member could locate stuff  I gave them my friends names (with their permission) & a few days later they got back to me with the data from the agencies with dates/times/locations of all their transactions & their crpto wallet balance. I kind of figured someone out there was keeping tabs on all this illegal stuff but had no idea until my friends confirmed the data that my family member passed on to me. Yes, the banks are working with these agencies to monitor & track stuff & NOTHING anyone can do about it :)

No way any agency in the US could do that without a warrant. Accessing such info without probable cause or authority by any US agency would be grounds for dismissal, a fine, and up to 5 years imprisonment for the individual agent. Doing it just because a friend gave the name of another friend to a family member who happens to be an agent and said that their friend said it was ok is laughable. I call bs on that one, or your family member better ready his/herself for a visit by the equivalent of internal affairs in his/her agency, because everything they do is monitored 24/7 - every keystroke - and that is a fact. Also, to my knowledge, bitcoins are only traceable to an individual via an IP or at the point they are cashed out since the funds have to be deposited in a financial institution somewhere. If you are logging in via a VPN or something like that to anonymize yourself, then hard to trace it to any individual.   

post edited by Nereus - 2021/03/21 19:14:40

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

veganfanatic
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2119
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Scalpers say the press treats them unfairly; they are a 'valuable industry' 2021/03/21 19:22:40 (permalink)
Secret warrants are common in the US, go ask Assange or Snowden

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Scalpers say the press treats them unfairly; they are a 'valuable industry' 2021/03/21 19:28:54 (permalink)
veganfanatic
Secret warrants are common in the US, go ask Assange or Snowden

Guessing you mean search warrants, and yes they are common, but they still need a judge to sign off on them and then get run through the inter-agency databases so you don't have multiple agencies turning up at the same time with a warrant and end up mistakenly shooting each other. No judge would ever sign a warrant based on the info given in the previous post, so the family member who is an agent either did something illegally, or it's bs.

A subpoena for information is something a little different and that's probably more likely what would be used and it doesn't necessarily need a judge, but still needs probable cause, not just 'to see if he can get the info' - there needs to be a legitimate law enforcement reason for asking for / looking up that info, and certainly in no circumstances would it ever be shared with the family member of an agent, at least not legally.

post edited by Nereus - 2021/03/21 19:44:38

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile