Rockstar Game Launcher Not Working

Author
spyderrico
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 371
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/11/07 16:50:59 (permalink)
I purchased Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC from Rockstar....then was prompted to download the game launcher. 

When I download the game launcher...it loads for a bit and successfully installs.  Once I click the close button on the launcher install successful message...I get a Windows error stating that "Rockstar Games Launcher has stopped working"...so I cannot download and play this new game!!! 

Any help on this?  I installed the new Nvidia drivers for this game...and have tired to download the launcher about 20 times...all unsuccessful. 

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Rockstar Game Launcher Not Working 2019/11/07 17:28:18 (permalink)
    Lots of people are reporting problems with RDR2. Most reviewers are stating that they had troubles with launching the game.

What CPU and motherboard are you using? Gamers Nexus notes that their AMD X570 boards would never load, and they had to switch back to older agesa drivers to get it to function..

Seems like rockstar doesn’t care about this game working properly just yet. Gamers Nexus also notes issues with in game frame cap causing major issues with performance with higher end/higher speed CPU’s.
    spyderrico
    iCX Member
    Re: Rockstar Game Launcher Not Working 2019/11/07 17:45:45 (permalink)
    MB- Sabertooth Z87
    CPU- i7 4770K- Haswell
    I purchased the game first...then tried installing the launcher and the launcher will not install.
    I also tried to turn off my windows firewall to see if that was causing an issue...still will not install.  Windows 7 OS.
    Any help on this would be awesome....thanks!

*Just to clarify*  I CAN NOT install the game launcher.......I purchased the game before installing the launcher, so it's not an issue of launching the game.

post edited by spyderrico - 2019/11/08 05:32:34
    spyderrico
    iCX Member
    Re: Rockstar Game Launcher Not Working 2019/11/08 05:32:45 (permalink)
    OK so I'm not sure what caused the launcher to successfully load this morning.
    All I did was try to re-install, then left to take kids to school, came back and it was complete like before, clicked close and it worked.  The launcher started to immediately update. 
    So my guess is that the extra time at the finish allowed every file to be loaded?  Maybe before when it said complete I was clicking the close button to quick....files may have still been finishing the process?

Don't know, don't care at this point...RDR2 is beginning the download!!  Now comes the graphics tweaks to see what my little guy 1070ti can handle on this title!
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Rockstar Game Launcher Not Working 2019/11/08 15:26:13 (permalink)
    Could rockstar have pushed an updated launcher? I know this game is getting a lot of bad press due to a truly despicable launch.
    spyderrico
    iCX Member
    Re: Rockstar Game Launcher Not Working 2019/11/09 12:37:30 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Could rockstar have pushed an updated launcher? I know this game is getting a lot of bad press due to a truly despicable launch.

They did.  I received an e-mail today from Rockstar regarding updates they have made to the launcher.

I was pretty happy they fixed this relatively quickly, and presented an option for a refund if it wasn't fixed.

This game is pretty awesome....the snow physics are amazing! 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile