AnsweredReplacing FANS with lian li

Author
mmuthiah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 241
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2023/01/26 06:25:04 (permalink)
I'm having EVGA CLC 280 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler, RGB LED  product for my EVGA X299.  I'm rebuilding the PC replacing the FANS with Lian LI SL V2 fans for RGB.    In this process, i'm replacing the EVGA 140 FANS on the radiator with Lian li sl140 fans and the fans will be controlled by Lian li controller.   My question is i'm not going to use the fan connector (TO FANS cable), Do i still need to connect the cable that needs to go to motherboard?  Do i need to connect the connector (3 pin female)  to motherboard fan connector  right?
  I will be connecting the USB to motherboard USB header.  
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Replacing FANS with lian li 2023/01/26 07:23:09 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2023/01/26 08:15:52
mmuthiah
I'm having EVGA CLC 280 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler, RGB LED  product for my EVGA X299.  I'm rebuilding the PC replacing the FANS with Lian LI SL V2 fans for RGB.    In this process, i'm replacing the EVGA 140 FANS on the radiator with Lian li sl140 fans and the fans will be controlled by Lian li controller.   My question is i'm not going to use the fan connector (TO FANS cable), Do i still need to connect the cable that needs to go to motherboard?  Do i need to connect the connector (3 pin female)  to motherboard fan connector  right?
  I will be connecting the USB to motherboard USB header.  

USB can be disconnected - the Power plug Must be connected

USB is only to set LED & Set the CLC fan Curves then save to firmware - base on Either CPU temp Or liquid temp
 EVGA FAQ - Can I disconnect the USB Cable to a CLC Cooler

You need power for the CLC Pump, set Max DC in BIOS 12V - Not PWM - then the EVGA - Flow Control Software to set it up

EVGA FAQ - EVGA CLC Flow Control software disconnects from USB or shows

EVGA FAQ - How Do I Troubleshoot Issues with Flow Control For My CLC

Depending on your MB & BIOS options, you might need a CPU fan signal to boot ? - from your fan hub

EVGA - Articles - EVGA Closed Loop CPU Cooler (CLC) 120/240/280/360

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

mmuthiah
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 241
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Replacing FANS with lian li 2023/01/26 09:05:06 (permalink)
Thank you, appreciated.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30983
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Replacing FANS with lian li 2023/01/26 12:13:53 (permalink)
Happy to Help

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile