Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
boylerya
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1910
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/13 22:18:29 (permalink)
Discovered this issue after having to submerge a crown of broccoli five times to get the pesticide off, replacing the water each time.  Even then I am noticing negative affects to my health from not thoroughly washing broccoli in prior meals and I am undergoing detox that in the past has never caused me to get as nearly as sick due to the pesticides that accumulated in my liver being released when using banyan triphala and consuming lots of fiber as the detox method.  When there are no toxins to purge it does not cause symptoms.  Its become a necessity to go all organic to eliminate the intake of neurotoxins and potentially carcinogenic pesticides.  Pregnant females that consume any vegetables sprayed with these pesticides are at a very real and serious risk, especially because lots of people inadequately rinse their produce off.  

https://www.fooddive.com/news/residue-of-banned-pesticide-found-on-california-produce/545491/  
https://www.thenation.com/article/pesticides-farmworkers-agriculture/

More information that I have not elaborated on that may cause some to take this risk more seriously.  In one of the articles I posted, and other sources if you research pesticides.  The pesticides on non-organic foods contain endocrine distruptors that cause cancer specifically to men's testes and the ovaries and breasts of women.  Consider the risk if your vegetables which are not having all the pesticides removed by a thorough rinse under running water as commonly performed still have this chemical on them.  This can accumulate in your body and lead to an increased risk of these cancers.  For example with men that acquire cancer in both testes and have them removed you are looking at becoming Bob from Fight Club.  Women that are pregnant are the most susceptible with birth defects of testicles not descending and becoming cancerous soon after birth, and transgender.

post edited by boylerya - 2019/08/18 13:02:41

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
Garlic is the Antichrist.

38 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 02:15:29 (permalink)
    That is why food in the EU is healthier than that in the USA.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 02:31:14 (permalink)

Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102262
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 03:25:41 (permalink)
    Regardless, we wash every fruit and vegetable we buy any way. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 06:09:58 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    That is why food in the EU is healthier than that in the USA.

And at half the Cost.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 06:17:32 (permalink)
    boylerya
    Discovered this issue after having to submerge a crown of broccoli five times to get the pesticide off, replacing the water each time. 

OK, I'll bite ---> How did you determine it took 5 times --> "to get the pesticide off" ---> What test did you perform ?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7192
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 06:34:46 (permalink)
    Oh, EU is healthier than the USA? ok... I'll bite.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 06:39:50 (permalink)
    JGLuxe

No one said Healthier than the USA.
    The "food in the EU is healthier"
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/08/14 06:41:00

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 06:44:05 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    JGLuxe

No one said Healthier than the USA.
    The "food in the EU is healthier"

I'm sorry, Did you want me to type in the whole thing?

Of course I know what he said.

Also, EU IS a lot healthier than us here in Fat America.... So....

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 06:46:24 (permalink)

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 08:36:02 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    boylerya
    Discovered this issue after having to submerge a crown of broccoli five times to get the pesticide off, replacing the water each time. 

OK, I'll bite ---> How did you determine it took 5 times --> "to get the pesticide off" ---> What test did you perform ?

Fresh water in a large mixing bowl.  Fully submerge the broccoli and shake around for ten seconds.  Water is less transparent, specifically on the surface.  Dump the water and rinse the bowl.  Fill with fresh water.  Repeat until water is transparent after submerging the broccoli.  I eat broccoli every day from the same store and normally I do a thorough rinse under running water without ever having any health issues develop.  There was never a problem with bugs on the broccoli last year, no health problems for me, and I can only imagine that these more dangerous pesticides are cheaper which supports the increased concentration I am finding.  Or perhaps the store purchased from a different source this year for a better price that uses higher concentrations and/or more dangerous type.  Unfortunately when I requested information on the pesticides or contact information for the source producing the broccoli, they gave me the run around saying they have three different distributors that buy from a variety of farms and there is no way to find that information out.
    post edited by boylerya - 2019/08/14 08:43:20

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18916
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 14:56:19 (permalink)

Stop eating. That'll fix it.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 16:48:19 (permalink)
    Nereus

Already did.  The organic option for broccoli is more expensive with a gigantic stalk and a small crown or when lucky normal, but always has bugs throughout it to where you have to break it down to an extremely tedious degree to find every speck of a bug.  Im preparing to grow my own organic basil and already I am growing organic corriander.  Combined they have everything that broccoli has and more, except protein which I can get from pinto beans; resulting in a superior alternative.

JGLuxe
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 17:50:05 (permalink)
    boylerya
    Nereus

Already did.  The organic option for broccoli is more expensive with a gigantic stalk and a small crown or when lucky normal, but always has bugs throughout it to where you have to break it down to an extremely tedious degree to find every speck of a bug.  Im preparing to grow my own organic basil and already I am growing organic corriander.  Combined they have everything that broccoli has and more, except protein which I can get from pinto beans; resulting in a superior alternative.

I think Nereus meant for you to... uhh... stop eating. Not stop eating broccoli lol

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/14 20:44:32 (permalink)
    JGLuxe
    boylerya
    Nereus

I think Nereus meant for you to... uhh... stop eating. Not stop eating broccoli lol

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 02:21:19 (permalink)
    Nereus
    JGLuxe
    boylerya
    Nereus

Ah, that was the neurotoxins talking.  But eating the right foods will fix it quicker.
    post edited by boylerya - 2019/08/15 02:23:39

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 04:43:21 (permalink)
    boylerya
    Nereus
    JGLuxe
    boylerya
    Nereus

Ah, that was the neurotoxins talking.  But eating the right foods will fix it quicker.

For a moment there I thought you called me a neurotoxin..

transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 04:53:05 (permalink)
    Life is dangerous.

Can't bubble wrap it...

If the 'neurotoxins' on the broccoli don't get you...the bad air will..if the bad air doesn't......blah blah blah..

*shrug*

I can't be bothered to worry overly much about that stuff...

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 06:15:05 (permalink)
    They say that Broccoli can turn you into a vegetable.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 06:17:41 (permalink)
    boylerya
    Cool GTX
    boylerya

Fresh water in a large mixing bowl.  Fully submerge the broccoli and shake around for ten seconds.  Water is less transparent, specifically on the surface.  Dump the water and rinse the bowl.  Fill with fresh water.  Repeat until water is transparent after submerging the broccoli.  I eat broccoli every day from the same store and normally I do a thorough rinse under running water without ever having any health issues develop.  There was never a problem with bugs on the broccoli last year, no health problems for me, and I can only imagine that these more dangerous pesticides are cheaper which supports the increased concentration I am finding.  Or perhaps the store purchased from a different source this year for a better price that uses higher concentrations and/or more dangerous type.  Unfortunately when I requested information on the pesticides or contact information for the source producing the broccoli, they gave me the run around saying they have three different distributors that buy from a variety of farms and there is no way to find that information out.

That is NOT a Testing method

Pesticides can Not be seen --> you Need to Test for them

---> I'd worry more about E. coli.

EAT THE PEACH, NOT THE PESTICIDE     [Consumer Reports SPECIAL REPORT Pesticides in Produce]

Our new produce guidelines show you how to make the best choices for your health and for the environment
    consumerreports.org/cro/health/natural-health/pesticides/index.htm

(excerpt 1)

Does eating organic mean I won’t be eating any pesticides?

There are two groups of agricultural pesticides: synthetic and natural. Synthetics are created in labs, and natural ones are substances that occur in nature. The majority of synthetic pesticides (and all of the most toxic ones) used in conventional farming are banned in organic farming, but pesticide drift can mean chemicals sprayed on conventional crops may find their way to nearby organic farms. Still, all of the organic produce in our analysis fell into the very low-risk or low-risk categories.
    USDA organic standards allow for the use of certain natural pesticides and very few synthetic ones. “But you can’t compare conventional and organic farming in an oranges-to-oranges kind of way,” says Michael Sligh, a farmer, founding chairman of the National Organic Standards Board, and Just Foods Program director at Rural Advancement Foundation International.
    Natural pesticides are usually less toxic than synthetic ones. “ ‘Pesticide’ is a broad term used to refer to a range of substances from the very, very limited low-toxic ones allowed in organic farming to the highly toxic chemicals that can be used in conventional farming,” he says. “They are very different. Before a pesticide is even approved for use in organic farming, it must be evaluated for potential adverse effects on humans, animals, and the environment, and prove it’s compatible with a system of sustainable agriculture. And farmers must follow integrated `pest-management plans that require that they use any approved organic pesticide as a last resort and develop strategies to avoid repeated use.” Those differences have implications for personal health but also for the health of farmworkers and the planet. “Folks need to understand the multiple benefits they are getting when they choose organic,” he says, “and the multiple choices they are making when they don’t.”

(excerpt 2)

Can you wash away pesticides?

About half of the people in a recent Consumer Reports survey believe that peeling fruit or vegetables removes or reduces pesticides and 43 percent think you can remove them by washing. And they’re right—sort of. Rinsing can remove the surface residues, as well as dirt and bacteria. But you can’t completely wash away the pesticides—or the risk. Pesticides can stick to soft skins, and the wax coating used on some produce can trap pesticide residues. And some pesticides are systemic, that is they are taken up by the plant’s root system and get into the fruit or vegetable flesh so they can’t be washed off. What’s more, the USDA measures pesticide residues after produce has been rinsed in cold running water and/or inedible peels and rinds are removed. So the pesticide residues used to calculate our dietary risk guide are those that remain after the fruit or vegetable has been prepped the way you would at home.
    Wash your produce—conventional and organic—in running water. You don’t need any special washes. Researchers at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station compared rinsing fruit and vegetables in plain water for one minute with washing them with vegetable washes (four different ones) and a solution of dishwashing soap and water. Water alone was as effective as any of the washes or soap. Rubbing produce with soft skins like peaches or using a vegetable brush on harder items like potatoes or carrots will help remove residues, dirt and germs.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

panzlock
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1736
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 06:36:47 (permalink)
    Speaking of inadequate food, I was in Europe this July and spoke with my cousin. He told me a story about a woman who became ill after eating a filet-o-fish sandwich at McDonald's. She proceeded to sue McDonald's claiming that the fish in the sandwich caused her to have a reaction which resulted in pain and unprecedented time off from work, and subsequent income loss. McDonald's won the case by successfully proving that there is no fish or fish by-product in the filet-o-fish sandwich, lol.
    post edited by panzlock - 2019/08/15 06:37:54
    boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 08:41:41 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    boylerya
    Cool GTX
    boylerya

That is NOT a Testing method

Pesticides can Not be seen --> you Need to Test for them

---> I'd worry more about E. coli.

EAT THE PEACH, NOT THE PESTICIDE     [Consumer Reports SPECIAL REPORT Pesticides in Produce]

Our new produce guidelines show you how to make the best choices for your health and for the environment
    consumerreports.org/cro/health/natural-health/pesticides/index.htm

(excerpt 1)

Does eating organic mean I won’t be eating any pesticides?

There are two groups of agricultural pesticides: synthetic and natural. Synthetics are created in labs, and natural ones are substances that occur in nature. The majority of synthetic pesticides (and all of the most toxic ones) used in conventional farming are banned in organic farming, but pesticide drift can mean chemicals sprayed on conventional crops may find their way to nearby organic farms. Still, all of the organic produce in our analysis fell into the very low-risk or low-risk categories.
    USDA organic standards allow for the use of certain natural pesticides and very few synthetic ones. “But you can’t compare conventional and organic farming in an oranges-to-oranges kind of way,” says Michael Sligh, a farmer, founding chairman of the National Organic Standards Board, and Just Foods Program director at Rural Advancement Foundation International.
    Natural pesticides are usually less toxic than synthetic ones. “ ‘Pesticide’ is a broad term used to refer to a range of substances from the very, very limited low-toxic ones allowed in organic farming to the highly toxic chemicals that can be used in conventional farming,” he says. “They are very different. Before a pesticide is even approved for use in organic farming, it must be evaluated for potential adverse effects on humans, animals, and the environment, and prove it’s compatible with a system of sustainable agriculture. And farmers must follow integrated `pest-management plans that require that they use any approved organic pesticide as a last resort and develop strategies to avoid repeated use.” Those differences have implications for personal health but also for the health of farmworkers and the planet. “Folks need to understand the multiple benefits they are getting when they choose organic,” he says, “and the multiple choices they are making when they don’t.”

(excerpt 2)

Can you wash away pesticides?

About half of the people in a recent Consumer Reports survey believe that peeling fruit or vegetables removes or reduces pesticides and 43 percent think you can remove them by washing. And they’re right—sort of. Rinsing can remove the surface residues, as well as dirt and bacteria. But you can’t completely wash away the pesticides—or the risk. Pesticides can stick to soft skins, and the wax coating used on some produce can trap pesticide residues. And some pesticides are systemic, that is they are taken up by the plant’s root system and get into the fruit or vegetable flesh so they can’t be washed off. What’s more, the USDA measures pesticide residues after produce has been rinsed in cold running water and/or inedible peels and rinds are removed. So the pesticide residues used to calculate our dietary risk guide are those that remain after the fruit or vegetable has been prepped the way you would at home.
    Wash your produce—conventional and organic—in running water. You don’t need any special washes. Researchers at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station compared rinsing fruit and vegetables in plain water for one minute with washing them with vegetable washes (four different ones) and a solution of dishwashing soap and water. Water alone was as effective as any of the washes or soap. Rubbing produce with soft skins like peaches or using a vegetable brush on harder items like potatoes or carrots will help remove residues, dirt and germs.

I studied in the environmental sciences at Rutgers University, which I have mentioned in posts years ago:https://forums.evga.com/I-got-poisoned-by-sunblock-m2202303-p2.aspx.  We can simplify this down to something was present by stating that I have purchased organic broccoli and submerged it and the water remained transparent.  But the non-organic broccoli I would purchase from a local market for many years and thoroughly rinsed under running water has never made me sick until recently, which coincidentally coincides with the two articles I posted stating that there are increased dangers of pesticides starting in 2019.  Five times replacing with fresh water each time before I could submerge the broccoli and the water would remain transparent as the organic broccoli would on the first try.  Simple as that, there must be some explanation to this that conflicts with your statement.  Perhaps what I am seeing is something they add to the mixture of pesticide and water they spray the broccoli with to make it hold on longer from rain which correlates with the increased resistance to be removed by water.  There is something to it, and although it is clearish it very noticeably reduces the transparency, especially on the surface of the water.

Also at the beginning of the year, I had tested out the banyan triphala for the first time in my life and it made me feel a bit weird.  When using it starting last week from the toxins accumulating in my liver from being exposed over the past couple months or so, I have become even sicker than the broccoli had made me over time, almost puking a few times as it released the accumulated toxins from my liver resulting in a higher concentration than what I was experiencing from eating the broccoli over time.  No toxins, no symptoms when detoxing.  Luckily I am at the end of this detox.
    post edited by boylerya - 2019/08/15 09:12:24

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 09:01:26 (permalink)
    We have come a long way, have we not.

post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/08/15 09:03:08

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 09:14:23 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    We have come a long way, have we not.

Technically speaking, DDT is safe to eat as long as it were to stay as DDT.  But what happens is it breaks down into DDD and DDE which is dangerous.  Back in the day, they used to drive around trucks through neighborhoods and such that sprayed insecticide to kill mosquitos.  Kids would ride their bikes behind the trucks through the fumes because it was fun, until they realized the dangers.
    post edited by boylerya - 2019/08/15 09:17:05

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 09:22:55 (permalink)
    boylerya
    Technically speaking, DDT is safe to eat as long as it were to stay as DDT.

"DDT is safe to eat" Please make a Video of you eating it and post it on YouTube.
    So this is really not true "We have come a long way" We have not come a long way.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2019/08/15 09:25:35

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/15 11:29:16 (permalink)
    bcavnaugh
    boylerya
    Technically speaking, DDT is safe to eat as long as it were to stay as DDT.

"DDT is safe to eat" Please make a Video of you eating it and post it on YouTube.
    So this is really not true "We have come a long way" We have not come a long way.

I forgot to specify in the dose that they demonstrated back then relative to an insecticide, there was at least one college professor that did it as well.  All of them now dead as a result of the digestive process expediting the breakdown to DDD and DDE.  But I did say if it were to stay as DDT which it will not and that is why nobody should eat it in any quantity.  The other property is that DDD and DDE are highly persistent from degrading compared to DDT.
    post edited by boylerya - 2019/08/15 11:55:33

boylerya
    FTW Member
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/18 04:02:36 (permalink)
    More information that I have not elaborated on that may cause some to take this risk more seriously.  In one of the articles I posted, and other sources if you research pesticides.  The pesticides on non-organic foods contain endocrine distruptors that cause cancer specifically to men's testes and the ovaries and breasts of women.  Consider the risk if your vegetables which are not having all the pesticides removed by a thorough rinse under running water as commonly performed still have this chemical on them.  This can accumulate in your body and lead to an increased risk of these cancers.  For example with men that acquire cancer in both testes and have them removed you are looking at becoming Bob from Fight Club.  Women that are pregnant are the most susceptible with birth defects of testicles not descending and becoming cancerous soon after birth, and transgender.
    post edited by boylerya - 2019/08/18 04:04:37

Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/08/19 03:14:45 (permalink)
    Yea, I can now come to the EVGA forums for all my dietary and health suggestions now. 
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/09/07 08:14:51 (permalink)
    Wife and I been slowly going back to no processed foods. We'll be able to do a small farm soon, also, the wife and I know our way in a kitchen. All these so called organic foods is horsecrap, and what the U.S.D.A lets corporations get away with, you prob wouldnt eat anything from the grocery store...  My point, grow and prep/cook ur own damn foods, and quit being lazy Americans....
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: Recent Increased Risk of Dangerous Pesticides in Both Type and Concentration 2019/09/07 08:40:46 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    Wife and I been slowly going back to no processed foods. We'll be able to do a small farm soon, also, the wife and I know our way in a kitchen. All these so called organic foods is horsecrap, and what the U.S.D.A lets corporations get away with, you prob wouldnt eat anything from the grocery store...  My point, grow and prep/cook ur own damn foods, and quit being lazy Americans....

LOL right.. living in an apartment in NYC with no yard and both working full time plus bringing up a kid, already down to maybe 4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky, and you call us lazy. Nice. However, I agree about the crap the US passes off as food. I grew up in New Zealand so I'm well aware of what 'real' food is. Everything here (US) is loaded with preservatives and/or some form of corn starch/syrup, and a significant amount of US food is illegal in many other countries. Hell, can't even get bread here that isn't loaded with sugar and preservatives.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile