Radeon HD 6990 speed fan

Author
Prayer666
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/05/02 08:26:31 (permalink)
Good afternoon everyone

I acquired a tower 2 years ago, in 2nd hand to a private, with 1 motherboard EVGA P55 le E253 with AMD graphic card Radeon HD 6990 and 8 gigas of RAM, as I did not have the ideal monitor, I connected to the TV that I have of 40 ". Over time, the graphic card, month,yes, month, no, left the TV black and the fan working at maximum (I think it is the maximum RPM). A few months ago, began to do all weekends I thought it was from the SSD and I bought a new SSD and updated the graphics drivers, it continued to do the same. I thought it was to be connected to the TV (which I found strange because a graphics of this caliber, I think, have to put up with it), I bought an ASUS monitor, it did not turn black and worked perfectly (with games and photo programs). 
Last weekend, the drivers of the graphic card have updated and did the same again. I was worried and tried to downgrade the drivers, which it did, but when I rebooted the pc, no more image appeared and the fan starts at the maximum RPM and now, the motherboard can not even go. 
I ask you if you can help me. I have already removed the graph and reassemble to see if the motherboard recognized it at first, I have reset the motherboard, I have done everything and it is still the same. 
Does the graphic card have an arrangement and start again or do I have to buy a new one? 

Thank you.

2 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Radeon HD 6990 speed fan 2018/05/02 09:35:07 (permalink)
    Sounds like the card has a problem, or the card isn't receiving the proper power it needs. Test the card in another system to see if it acts the same way.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Radeon HD 6990 speed fan 2018/05/02 09:35:41 (permalink)
    Moving thread to the general hardware subsection.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile