EVGA

RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
jkh13
  • Total Posts : 29
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 10:53:43 (permalink)
paulmcpazzi
I honestly feel that it would take less than 10 minutes to update the store page to remove "Exc VAT" (assuming that these prices already include VAT) and a note regarding when the first batch is expected to be delivered.
People should not have to dig through forum threads or Twitter for simple basic information such as pricing and product availability, especially considering that the 3080 (on paper) was launched almost two weeks ago.
Scan.co.uk is providing more information than EVGA itself.

I think the VAT thing might be a bit more complicated due to the fact that Germany has reduced VAT compared to the rest of the EU now, maybe the website doesn't really support that properly or something. Agree on the rest, the lack of info on when these things are shipping is not great especially as most of us probably ordered when the ETA was showing the 18th or September still.
1984BC05A6D6416
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 10:57:49 (permalink)
shaolinn
MaxTheOwl
jkh13
MaxTheOwl
My 3090 FTW3 Ultra was shipped today to the EU with DHL Express Delivery On Demand. The card is coming directly from Taiwan. Right now the crad sits in the plane.

Where did you order from?

EVGA EU Store

Never heard back from you in terms of the VAT on the other thread. Did customer support refund the overcharge or not?

I know. And to be honest I was not even talking to the support about this yet. I don't want to confuse the whole order and shipping process with that but after I have the card in my hands I will talk to EVGA.
1984BC05A6D6416
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 177
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 10:59:17 (permalink)
jkh13
paulmcpazzi
I honestly feel that it would take less than 10 minutes to update the store page to remove "Exc VAT" (assuming that these prices already include VAT) and a note regarding when the first batch is expected to be delivered.
People should not have to dig through forum threads or Twitter for simple basic information such as pricing and product availability, especially considering that the 3080 (on paper) was launched almost two weeks ago.

I think the VAT thing might be a bit more complicated due to the fact that Germany has reduced VAT compared to the rest of the EU now, maybe the website doesn't really support that properly or something. Agree on the rest, the lack of info on when these things are shipping is not great especially as most of us probably ordered when the ETA was showing the 18th or September still.

The VAT was never the same in every country of the EU.
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 195
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 11:56:34 (permalink)
MaxTheOwl
jkh13
paulmcpazzi

The VAT was never the same in every country of the EU.

MaxTheOwl
My 3090 FTW3 Ultra was shipped today to the EU with DHL Express Delivery On Demand. The card is coming directly from Taiwan. Right now the crad sits in the plane.

The DHL Express from Taiwan to EU; which is most certainly insured as well for the value of the card, is not cheap at all.  It would explain the increased price assuming they are not doing the same thing for US  customers and are actually receiving them in their US warehouse in bulk first. All EVGA has actually said on the EU higher price is they are looking into it, which doesn't really mean anything yet imo. Everything else is just speculation and hearsay. If there were actually a problem as huge as double charging VAT they would have officially said something by now. Sending out single international orders with DHL Express is not  a cheap endeavor, especially in the current market and would sort of confirm my suspicion that they do not have an actual distribution network and why we have seen more supply on Etailers in EU over the years than their actual store. As said tho all hearsay and speculation.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 349
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 12:38:05 (permalink)
Actually, they already said something about double VAT, about a week ago or so. Prices even went TBD for graphics cards, and when the question was asked to Jacob several times, still said " We're looking into it " or things like that. Some prices went up for graphics cards but still looks wrong. If they were real prices he would already have said so, that's more than a week that they know about this and that people are asking them.

And to further this theory : remember, they sell a lot of products, not just graphics cards. I can't find any product on EU Store that I can buy. Prices are all screwed up with VAT for graphics cards, or even more than that, are TBD for most others products : motherboards, PSU, even T-shirts. Every product is concerned. That means you can't buy anything, and since RTX 3080 / 3090 aren't in stock you couldn't buy any anyway even if prices were right. So to me that really means there's something wrong, otherwise most of the others products wouldn't be TBD.

As for retailers prices, the only thing I can say is that they are usually more expensive than Amazon. Which is why I can't wait to see either Amazon's prices (the real ones, not inflated, as it will probably be the case) or see EVGA fixed prices.

And if really is the real price, then they won't get my money until prices settle down. I won't get bullied like that. It seems plenty of people don't care though. 
Stormdan
  • Total Posts : 58
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 13:03:39 (permalink)
Huntercyril
And to further this theory : remember, they sell a lot of products, not just graphics cards. I can't find any product on EU Store that I can buy. Prices are all screwed up with VAT for graphics cards, or even more than that, are TBD for most others products : motherboards, PSU, even T-shirts. Every product is concerned. That means you can't buy anything, and since RTX 3080 / 3090 aren't in stock you couldn't buy any anyway even if prices were right. So to me that really means there's something wrong, otherwise most of the others products wouldn't be TBD.

Unfortunately, this is no proof for your theory. The EU EVGA store was swept empty long before RTX30x0, with all products marked als "TBD". In the "general discussion" part of this forum you can find a post from March (I think it was), already recognizing and questioning this...

Still, I think the VAT issue für the 30x0 has not been solved and needs more attention by EVGA.
Stormdan
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 13:18:55 (permalink)
I just saw a new tweet from Jacob an hour ago, where he again confirmed that they are working on the price issue and that they should have an update on this soon. Glad to hear they did not forget us (from EU).
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 13:26:06 (permalink)
Stormdan
I just saw a new tweet from Jacob an hour ago, where he again confirmed that they are working on the price issue and that they should have an update on this soon. Glad to hear they did not forget us (from EU).

Good to hear finally reading some actual solid confirmation is nice. That being being said it will still be a lottery trying to get your hands on their limited stock. I hope they do an elite member sale that would be nice.
Stormdan
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 13:34:16 (permalink)
Indeed, I asked Jacob via Twitter about the possibility for an EU Elite sale.

Daumen drücken ;)
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 15:22:20 (permalink)
Yeah, fingers crossed something moves "soon" regarding the EU price situation.

Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/29 23:47:26 (permalink)
StormdanUnfortunately, this is no proof for your theory. The EU EVGA store was swept empty long before RTX30x0, with all products marked als "TBD". In the "general discussion" part of this forum you can find a post from March (I think it was), already recognizing and questioning this...

Still, I think the VAT issue für the 30x0 has not been solved and needs more attention by EVGA.

Oh. I see. I wasn't aware of that. 

Well. Like it has been said just above this post, hopefully the prices are soon fixed. Like I said, it feels like Jacob would have already said so if the prices were the real ones not broken, instead of saying they are trying to fix something, but that's just my perception of the communication. I also need to contact someone from this forum who managed to bought a 3090 on EU Store, and asked customer support about the VAT Thing and if he could be partially refunded the difference between the real and the wrong price, bearing that there is indeed a lower real price. Maybe he has some news to share. 

In any event, I'd take my chances any day of this month (and the next one to come) to give my money directly to EVGA rather than any other french retailer (except Amazon if prices are not increased). Even still, I still would prefer to give my money directly to EVGA to show my appreciation and support. And I'm an Elite member so there's that too, if they could do an Elite + Non elite I feel like I would have an actual chance, even slim, meanwhile on Amazon someone could just order a bulk of them. 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 07:06:02 (permalink)
Good news EU store price has been adjusted.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 07:12:15 (permalink)
A slight increase in price compared to launch price I could see, but still almost 150€ lower than any other retailer in my country (except maybe Amazon, will have to see that when they will put some stock with the price on their website). So yeah. EVGA FTW. Now we need stocks :P 
igralec84
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 169
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 07:37:39 (permalink)
Yes now they need to fix checkout which is probably for all the EVGA store versions and then just stock and we're good to go. Maybe asking for working notifications would be pushing it

paulmcpazzi
  • Total Posts : 41
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 07:57:10 (permalink)
Now that the FE edition is no longer a reference model, it's really hard for third-party manufactures to compete with NVIDIA.
JayzTwoCents reviewed the XC3 Ultra a few days ago. It has the same performance as the FE, but worse temperatures (on a mid-tower case).
FE -> €720 (20% VAT included)
XC3 Ultra -> €810 (20% VAT included)
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 08:09:06 (permalink)
paulmcpazzi
Now that the FE edition is no longer a reference model, it's really hard for third-party manufactures to compete with NVIDIA.
JayzTwoCents reviewed the XC3 Ultra a few days ago. It has the same performance as the FE, but worse temperatures (on a mid-tower case).
FE -> €720 (20% VAT included)
XC3 Ultra -> €810 (20% VAT included)

Yes but good luck actually getting an FE. And this time round FE is actually using a well engineered cooler which is said to cost 150$ US alone and actually works in favor of a mid case. Also there are allot of variables that can work in favor of either one of the cooler designs. Question is does NVIDIA really want to compete directly with their partners and are they going to continue restocking the FE or not. Also only EVGA covers using custom loop cooling blocks under their warranty.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 08:18:35 (permalink)
The FE Temperature thing was answered by Jayztwocents and Jacob themselves on Twitter yesterday iirc. Jay locked fan % speed and that's not how you would compare in normal testing, he was trying to see how the FE coooler was functionning against a more traditional cooler design, not trying to get the best perf / temp / noise of the XC3. GamersNexus, who had a few custom cards in his hands, stated that even though FE seems to be the more stable, doesn't mean people should go that way because of how it performs against other custom cards. And he did a review of the Gigabyte that he posted today, that you should see. Basically Gigabyte Eagle > FE in many aspects except the fact the Eagle can't OC, unlike the FE, who could then, OC'd, beat the Gigabyte in FPS. My words are rough and not 100% accurate way of saying what he reviewed in his video but yeah basically that's the gist of it. And the more you increase the better the performance you'll get. Nothing new under the sun, except FE design this year suck less than previous years. That's something. 

Anyway, like said above, even if you wanted to go FE because it's cheaper, doesn't mean you could, because of stocks issues for example. 
Dwarfy
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 704
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 11:04:39 (permalink)
Just noticed that the EU store has updated the prices and now seem more in line with ex vat listings, this happened today and could be just some admin, but also could indicate stock being due in, read into it what you will.
On a related note, Most stores in the UK (read Scan and overclockers) took pre-orders before shutting that off, that means that they will be filling those first and general sales will come shortly after.

Check places that didn't offer pre-order for stock first or check them all on a semi regular basis.
We could be told of 10,000 cards coming to EU and that might cover only 50% of the pre-orders so we need to refresh and have patience.

I'm personally waiting for the hybrid, I'd normally grab the FTW but I've got a vertical gpu and it only supports 2x width and I'd like to keep it, but in a pinch I could switch back...

TLDR: Patience people good things come to those who wait...

post edited by Dwarfy - 2020/09/30 11:07:04

Attached Image(s)

3nnnep
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 11:58:26 (permalink)
MaxTheOwl

I know. And to be honest I was not even talking to the support about this yet. I don't want to confuse the whole order and shipping process with that but after I have the card in my hands I will talk to EVGA.

well, this is funny.
since package is coming from non eu country be ready to deal with customs .

use evga associate code NQL8M9VKNY5EO99
and get %%%$€£ discount at checkout! 
shaolinn
Superclocked Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 12:33:02 (permalink)
3nnnep
MaxTheOwl

well, this is funny.
since package is coming from non eu country be ready to deal with customs .

They can actually prepay the VAT through DHL they just have to include a receipt outside of the box for customs to see, but since he ordered with double VAT still existing this could get interesting indeed.
3nnnep
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/09/30 14:25:24 (permalink)
afaik, besides vat customs also charges import duty, % depends on type of goods.

use evga associate code NQL8M9VKNY5EO99
and get %%%$€£ discount at checkout! 
Shahzadasweet
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 04:38:47 (permalink)
Any update on UK delivery. Everything is just being delayed by evga
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 05:06:16 (permalink)
Shahzadasweet
Everything is just being delayed by evga

To my knowledge EVGA already sent shipments to EU / UK. Delays are not coming from them. 
JJ_Cane_Reddit
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 05:40:06 (permalink)
Can someone shine some light on what the actual pricing for the UK looks like when buying from EU store?

Thank you!
I_R0M_I
  • Total Posts : 56
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 05:40:31 (permalink)
I'm getting mine from Scan in the UK.
They have a page up showing orders for September 28th, and October 5th are both expected 7th-9th October. The order for 12th October is expected 14th - 15th.

Scan told me a few days after launch it was expected the 15th. Before that page even went live.
john2gr
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 06:41:30 (permalink)
Since we're talking about the EU EVGA store, I thought it did not allow online orders? Did EVGA change that and is it now accepting online sales? Right now, everything on the EU EVGA store has an auto-notify button for me (that's for everything, from GPUs to even power supplies and motherboards).
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 06:45:17 (permalink)
They don't allow backorders which is different. But Notify button was here for a long time, since RTX 3000 Launch. Except FTW3 where the button doesn't seem to appear, but I saw it once and managed to get " Notify Me " so... I don't know maybe i'll get notified 
JJ_Cane_Reddit
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 16:02:21 (permalink)
So we are now sure that the new order system will work for Europe as well?

I am quite skeptical tbh.
Huntercyril
iCX Member
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/06 16:04:07 (permalink)
For now it's not sure. But it seems in the making " soon ".
Shahzadasweet
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: RTX 3080 EU Delivery ? & UK Support number not working 2020/10/08 00:27:50 (permalink)
I ordered mine from overclockers but this has become night mare, not single update from them
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile