EVGA

RTX 3050 Step Up Question

Author
ccosborne3
  • Total Posts : 39
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/04/27 18:25:47 (permalink)
Hiya, I'm thinking of purchasing a 3050 and possibly stepping up to a 3060 ti down the line. I just want to make sure the step up path is clear before I make a purchase. I'm building in a small case and want to make sure I could step up to the 3060 ti XC and not the 3060 ti FTW which would be too big for me to use.

I did read through the step up options given for the 3050 on the step up page but it doesn't specify which model of 3060 ti you can step up to.

Thanks in advance.
post edited by ccosborne3 - 2022/04/27 18:29:54

9 Replies Related Threads

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 00:51:35 (permalink)
    I did a Step-Up on my 3050 XC Gaming card and the 3060 Ti card was not a card I could select, even though EVGA listed it as a card I could Step-Up to.

Going to send a message to EVGA about this as they either need to remove the card from the list or offer it in the Step-Up.

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 09:44:48 (permalink)
    This chart is meant to be used in conjunction with the Inventory List further down the page.  As noted above the chart (with emphasis added):
    • To Step-Up to a new product, an eligible GPU/series must have at least one available Step-Up option and at least one available product/part number within that Step-Up option to select.
    • Available products for Step-Up are determined by the participant’s GPU and/or Series of the eligible product to be stepped-up [
    • Please see the chart below to see the current Step-Up availability for eligible graphics cards. Additional eligible and available products will be added over time when products are officially released and approved to be added to the Step-Up program.
    Please note that right below this chart we list the following:
    • An available Step-Up Option does not guarantee an available part number within the Step-Up program. EVGA reserves the right to add or remove part numbers at any time, including due to limited stock.
    • Lack of availability of a Step-Up option within a GPU or Series does not permit stepping-up to an unavailable GPU option.

I understand that there can be some confusion with this, but we don't want this chart to be dynamic and update based on when we do and don't have options within the Inventory List.  We use this page for both the US and EU website, so the Inventory List on one may not match the other.  Normally, we remove products from the Inventory List towards the end of their life cycle, but in this case we found it was necessary to remove products to help continue to move the 30 Series queues towards completion. 

If there is a better way to explain the Step-Up page, I'm all ears.  Our goal isn't to confuse people here, but sometimes it happens. 
    ccosborne3
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 10:18:23 (permalink)
    Hiya Lee, all I'm asking is if I purchase a RTX 3050 XC will I have the opportunity to step up to a 3060 ti XC or am I going to be restricted to purchasing the more expensive 3060 ti FTW? Just a suggestion but maybe you folks could list in the step up guidelines exactly which model you can step up to as some of us are rocking itx builds and are limited to the smallest size possible.

I could be wrong here but I remember seeing some 3060 ti XC's for sale a week or two ago so in this instance the queue should be fulfilled shouldn't it?

Thanks!
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 10:21:16 (permalink)
    ccosborne3
    Hiya Lee, all I'm asking is if I purchase a RTX 3050 XC will I have the opportunity to step up to a 3060 ti XC or am I going to be restricted to purchasing the more expensive 3060 ti FTW?

I don't think anyone knows that answer. As LeeM was saying, it depends on inventory at the time that you decide to attempt the StepUp process. There are no guarantees. I would not count on it. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 10:33:16 (permalink)
    ccosborne3
    Hiya Lee, all I'm asking is if I purchase a RTX 3050 XC will I have the opportunity to step up to a 3060 ti XC or am I going to be restricted to purchasing the more expensive 3060 ti FTW? Just a suggestion but maybe you folks could list in the step up guidelines exactly which model you can step up to as some of us are rocking itx builds and are limited to the smallest size possible.

I could be wrong here but I remember seeing some 3060 ti XC's for sale a week or two ago so in this instance the queue should be fulfilled shouldn't it?

Thanks!

Step up queue is completely different stock than sales queue, so don’t use that as a gauge for step up availability.

EVGA lists exactly which cards are part of the step up list at this time. The 3060ti is currently not listed at all on the USA list, probably due to step up queue backlog. The European list shows the 3060ti FTW3 ultra as their available option for step up, and that will directly coincide with what the US queue would have once it is available again.

Your safest bet is to try to buy a 3060ti XC outright, rather than risking the queue not being fulfilled by the time you can enter, and then the FTW3 Ultra being the option that you don’t want.

The 3060 XC is currently on the list.
    ccosborne3
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 13:42:39 (permalink)
    Thanks for chiming in folks, I'll hold for a week or so and see if the 3060 ti pops up in stock. There's a couple other cards from different manufacturers that would fit in the case but I'd prefer the EVGA. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 17:26:12 (permalink)
    ccosborne3
    Thanks for chiming in folks, I'll hold for a week or so and see if the 3060 ti pops up in stock. There's a couple other cards from different manufacturers that would fit in the case but I'd prefer the EVGA. 

I hope you get one soon :-)
    LFaWolf
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1794
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/28 23:31:40 (permalink)
    I just did a 3050 step up - only the 3060 non-ti and 3070 ti are available. It has been like this for almost 3 months, as I waited until the last day to do it, so if you are thinking of getting 3060 ti through step up, I would advise you to not do it and look elsewhere

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: RTX 3050 Step Up Question 2022/04/29 11:50:56 (permalink)
    ccosborne3

Thanks!

Our thinking with Step-Up in the 30 Series is that we wanted to only list the cards we expected to have the most availability for so that we could help people get through the queues (both Auto-notify and Step-Up) faster.  This is why the FTW3 Ultra cards were generally the only ones listed.  It's hard to say at this point if you'll see other non-FTW3 models show up on the Step-Up list for this generation.  It's a possibility that might see some XC3 cards if we eventually have a lot of stock at some point, but I couldn't tell you when or if that might happen before your 90 days runs out.

Availability is better, but not enough for us to put new models onto the Step-Up queue.

Regarding guidelines, this is how you should look at it - Look at the chart first to see which GPU families your card can step-up to.  Then look at the Inventory List to see which cards are available for the Step-Up Queue in real-time.  Within that Inventory List, if you see a card that is within the GPU families you can step-up to, then it will be an option.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile