EVGA

RTX 2080 Hybrid : Swapping default fan for NZXT RGB one ?

Author
ezork
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/03/29 08:10:13 (permalink)
Hello,

I'm planning on buying the NZXT H710i case, and I would like to know if there was some way to change the default fan on the external radiator by an NZXT AER RGB fan, and still let the RTX control the speed of it, but make the H710i take care of the RGB stuff ?

I may have to do some cabling shenanigans, but I'm ok with it, juste wanted to know if it was possible at all :p

I hope I was clear with my request !

Thanks for you time and help,

Regards,
eZork

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RTX 2080 Hybrid : Swapping default fan for NZXT RGB one ? 2020/03/29 09:25:13 (permalink)
    Yes, you can change fans on the Hybrid radiator

Control of the RGB .... depends on Fan & control being used ... check with Mfg directions

NOTE:  If your new fans are thinner than the stock fans .... use extra washers or Shorter screws .... do not puncture your radiator

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ezork
    • Total Posts : 9
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RTX 2080 Hybrid : Swapping default fan for NZXT RGB one ? 2020/03/30 06:24:19 (permalink)
    Hey Cool GTX,

Thanks for your reply. What does " MFG" stand for btw ?

I think that the NZXT FAN have 5 pins, 4 standards and I guess the last one for the RGB.
    So I think that would work with some cable work.

I asked NZXT support to see if they have a solution.

Will keep this thread updated in case anyone else need the informations.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RTX 2080 Hybrid : Swapping default fan for NZXT RGB one ? 2020/03/30 09:42:35 (permalink)
    Mfg = manufacturer

RGB & aRGB .... Currently have No Universal Standard ...

You must know where the Ground pin is & what Voltage your parts use

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile