EVGA

RMA'd an item, got a tracking number back the same day my GPU was delivered to EVGA?

Author
ricsanm
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/16 18:44:07 (permalink)
Hi everyone!

So this is my first RMA process ever. On Feb 9 I bought a 3070 from eBay, got it on the 22nd and the same day after a couple hours of gaming it stopped posting video. Fans would spin but it just wouldn't work at all.

On the 24th I opened the RMA process and got accepted so I shipped the card back to EVGA through UPS. Because of health issues I just got around to it last week and they received my card today in the morning.

However, just about an hour ago I got a tracking number from EVGA. My RMA Process has been marked as complete the same day they received my item and I can see the same part number on the "Part number out" under the "Replacement product" section, which leads me to believe they sent the same or another 3070, but under the same section the "Serial number" part is blank.

I haven't received an email from them, just the one from UPS notifying me of a shipment and tracking number and that's it.

So I'm freaking out over here wondering about the RMA process. Shouldn't I be notified of what was bad with my GPU? An email or something? 

Also, this was unbelievably fast which leads me to think they just sent back the same GPU for whatever reason...? How do I even find out? If the package had arrived damaged I figure they'd just reject the delivery so that can't be it. I followed all of their packing and shipping instructions to the letter.

Disclaimer:  I'm not from the US (used a ship forwarder to buy my item) so you can see why I can't just test the GPU I'll receive until it's forwarded to me in my country. Shipping it back to get RMA'd in the US was very expensive and I wouldn't want to go through it again.

Thanks in advance.
post edited by ricsanm - 2021/03/16 19:07:21

2 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_MattM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2245
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: RMA'd an item, got a tracking number back the same day my GPU was delivered to EVGA? 2021/03/16 21:55:52 (permalink)
    Looking into this they did replace the card and it is the same model. It looks like you caught the RMA Department at just the right time as it normally takes longer for the turnaround.
    ricsanm
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: RMA'd an item, got a tracking number back the same day my GPU was delivered to EVGA? 2021/03/16 23:13:26 (permalink)
    EVGATech_MattM
    Looking into this they did replace the card and it is the same model. It looks like you caught the RMA Department at just the right time as it normally takes longer for the turnaround.

Thank you for your reply!

So indeed I'm getting a replacement?

Just like you say, it seems like I got super lucky and caught them at the right time... Here's hoping the RMA doesn't need an RMA lol
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile