EVGA

RMA shipping turnaround / stock shortage?

Author
Vetkin
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/02/02 13:27:01 (permalink)
Does anyone know if there is a shortage of RMA stock? My 1080 was received by EVGA a week ago for an RMA and has been in pending status since then. The website claims a replacement should ship in 1-3 business days, but it's been 6 now without any update and I'm starting to wonder what the hold up might be.  I submitted a support ticket for a follow up a couple days ago and haven't received a response yet to that either. 

I've been without a home computer for almost two weeks now and it's been tough. From what I can tell, my card was victim to the ACX cooling design flaw that causes the VRM to overheat. If I'd known about the issue before sparks started shooting out the back of it, I would have tried to get a hold of some of those thermal pads to prevent it from happening. It's not even possible to buy a replacement now either due to the insane prices, so I'm stuck waiting for EVGA to ship something back to me. 
post edited by Vetkin - 2018/02/02 15:25:38

5 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA shipping turnaround / stock shortage? 2018/02/02 13:31:27 (permalink)
    Evga usually keeps separate stock for RMA.

You need to contact EVGA for answers. The techs may stop by here occasionally, but they have phone support that can answer your question much quicker..

P.s. there was no ACX cooling issue causing sparks. That was disproved over a year ago. The problem is the components themselves. EVGA should have done more to remove the bad components from the market, but they didn’t. The cooling had nothing to do with it directly, and the problem was still very much real after the cooling was corrected with thermal pads.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2018/02/02 13:36:32
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RMA shipping turnaround / stock shortage? 2018/02/02 13:40:15 (permalink)
    Moving to Warranty section

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Vetkin
    Re: RMA shipping turnaround / stock shortage? 2018/02/02 13:48:38 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    Evga usually keeps separate stock for RMA.

You need to contact EVGA for answers. The techs may stop by here occasionally, but they have phone support that can answer your question much quicker..

P.s. there was no ACX cooling issue causing sparks. That was disproved over a year ago. The problem is the components themselves. EVGA should have done more to remove the bad components from the market, but they didn’t. The cooling had nothing to do with it directly, and the problem was still very much real after the cooling was corrected with thermal pads.

Thanks for the additional info. I've never had a card shooting sparks out of it before, so naturally I starting doing some searching after it happened and the results I was finding were linked to the EVGA card I had.  It's possible the articles I found didn't have the most recent information.  Either way, it seems the card was prone to failure before I ever received it.  

If they don't respond to my support ticket by the end of the day, then I guess I'll have to give them a call to find out what the hold up is.  My first guess was that there might be a correlation with the retail shortage, but maybe not if they have separate stock. 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA shipping turnaround / stock shortage? 2018/02/02 14:32:10 (permalink)
    It could just be an update error on the website. In the past there have been updates pushed, but they went out late in the day, or the system glitches and didn’t push the proper updates.

Hopefully they can help you out soon.
    Vetkin
    Re: RMA shipping turnaround / stock shortage? 2018/02/06 11:54:20 (permalink)
    Finally heard back from EVGA customer support and apparently the issue is due to RMA stock shortages after all, as well as delays still from the holidays.  I'm now in business day 8 and still pending, but hopefully they get to me soon.  I'd just buy a new card to get my computer up and running and sell the RMA'd card when I finally get it back if it weren't for the ridiculously inflated prices. So frustrating... 
    post edited by Vetkin - 2018/02/06 12:00:33
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile