Author
rjbarker
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3214
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 21
2021/11/17 22:51:48 (permalink)
Hi folks
Yep another victim of a 3 month old 3080Ti FTW3 going 'pop" followed by no video signal and "fixed red LED" over top PCI-E power plug.
I knew right away the Card was toast, so initiated and received approved RMA.
So go out and find a decent box, pack it up nicely, include within a letter stating symptoms leading up to the failure, get to my local Fedex / Purolator / UPS location near my home to drop off and left there with my box and my head spinning with thoughts of "the 3 copies of all the paperwork we require" that the fellow said to me when I walked in.
Ok well Im a smart guy, how hard can it be, get home jump on Fedex site, set up an account and my brain began to hurt more when I tried to figure out all the forms I was required to complete!!!!!
Well, Im a Captain on a Coast guard ship and am not unfamiliar with documentation, but pretty much gave up as so much of the information from the "Consignee" I simply dont know:
- Consignee Tax Number?
- Product Harmonized Codes
-There were so many boxes I had no idea what to complete!!

All we get from Evga is a address label with an RMA # but no direction on how to ship.

Im sure Im not the only one that has ran across this sense of frustration??

I wound up going onto Canada Post Web site and for Int Shipping to US there was none of this, a simple Decleration to complete and send electronically, of which I was immediately emailed back a from with a bar code.
Took the box (getting tired of packing around a $1800 "brick in a box") to the local Canada Post location, lady scanned the bar code, took some more info from me, paid the $100 CDN and done, complete with Tracking Number and an 11 day delivery time (this I find shocking as its a tad over 2 hr flight Van to LAX or 24 hr drive).

I recall several years ago shipping a Corsair PSU to Virginia US, going through a Step Up Process with Evga, returning a dead Mobo to Evga and not having any issues or having to try and complete forms online to give to the Shipping Agent for Fedex / UPS or Purolator.

I'm telling you my head hurt after 2 hrs going thur all these links on Fedex Site.

Lady at Canada Post was nice, guy at the Fedex Drop off location was no help at all (Staples Office Supplies).

Anyone have any advise info etc Im all ears?
I have spent the remiander of today / evening trying to figure what exact Forms need to be completed and stil find so many boxes whereby I simply dont have the Consignees information.

Hope Evga receives my box with the $1800 "working red LED", also, RMA states 14 days to complete? ...What happens if the parcel takes longer due to delays, does Evga still honor the RMA if it takes too long to get to them?

Cheers
post edited by rjbarker - 2021/11/17 22:55:31

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

2 Replies Related Threads

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: RMA: Vancouver Canada to Brea Cal 2021/11/18 05:40:51 (permalink)
    rjbarker
    Hope Evga receives my box with the $1800 "working red LED", also, RMA states 14 days to complete? ...What happens if the parcel takes longer due to delays, does Evga still honor the RMA if it takes too long to get to them?

You have your tracking paperwork and the package has the Canadian Post mailing date on it, so you have no problems with the 14 days whether it takes longer or not.

rjbarker
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3214
    • Ribbons : 21
    Re: RMA: Vancouver Canada to Brea Cal 2021/11/18 10:03:55 (permalink)
    ^^^^

Evga emailed me back and the 14 Days is honored by way of Post Mark on package.
    I know I will not get a bnib replacement, but a refurb, which also is a drag, given the Card was purchased new on the 24th Aug, so not quite 3 months old and of course everything but the PCB wasn't used at all.

Seems Evga has a very high rate of similar failures on all 30xx series FTW3 Cards. The "pop" I heard from very obvious, no smoke or smell and no obvious signs of any damage at all on the PCB.
    You would think Evga would supply a pre-paid shipping label, but of course they dont.

I9 12900K EK Velocity2 / ROG Z690 Apex/ 32G Dominator DDR5 6000/ Evga RTX 3080Ti FTW3  EK Vector / 980 Pro 512G / 980 Pro 1TB/ Samsung 860 Pro 500G/ WD 4TB Red / AX 1600i /  Corsair 900D & XSPC 480 * 360 * 240 Rads   XSPC Photon 170 Rez-Vario Pump Combo - Alienware 3440*1440p 120Hz/ W11

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile