EVGA

Helpful ReplyRMA From UK to Germany

Author
RichardWileman
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/23 11:49:14 (permalink)

I have an approved RMA with EVGA for my 3090 FTW3 but am trying to get recommendations for the best company to ship my card and also see if I can avoid the VAT charges.

Firstly are the any recommendations for a good courier to get the card to EVGA (England to Germany) with £2000 insurance? 

Also is there any paperwork I need to complete or receive from EVGA before sending it?

And finally I was wondering about the terms replacement and repair below:

Goods under warranty
If the goods are replaced under warranty, no duty is due but VAT is chargeable on the full VAT value of the replacements (VAT General Regulations 1995, Regulation 126 refers). This is an important point to bear in mind, as private importers will not be in a position to reclaim import VAT as input tax, but may be able to recover the import VAT paid, under the EC 6th VAT Directive.
If a charge is made for the repair or replacement, duty and VAT on the repair costs is due as described in the previous paragraph.  Replacement goods imported under this facility are subject to the ‘equivalent quality’ criteria described.

I believe the cards supplied by EVGA are repaired and not new replacements, if this is the case would it be better if the EVGA documents referred to a repair and not a replacement?  This may then fall in line with the below:

Subject to such conditions as the Commissioners may impose, VAT chargeable on the importation of goods from a place outside the member States which have been temporarily exported from the member States and are reimported after having undergone repair, process or adaptation outside the member States, or after having been made up or reworked outside the member States, shall be payable as if such treatment or process had been carried out in the United Kingdom, if the Commissioners are satisfied that—
(a)at the time of exportation the goods were intended to be reimported after completion of the treatment or process outside the member States, and
(b)the ownership in the goods was not transferred to any other person at exportation or during the time they were abroad.

So the return parcel from EVGA should be classed AND MARKED as a repair and not a replacement.

Any recommendations/comments appreciated.

Rich.
anx10us
  • Total Posts : 30
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/09/30 01:25:29 (permalink)
No one has a clue, EVGA wont be prepared to provide any guidance, my experience has been terrible, shipped card to Germany, had delivery refused and shipped back to me, ended up paying VAT on return of card, plus charges for postage back to me, absolutely bonkers...

I think you need to try and find a way to ship the card with customs duty paid ...

Happy to be corrected if there is a better way ..
Kyranar
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/09/30 07:39:56 (permalink)
This situation is a nightmare to be honest. Im in the same boat. I got my advanced replacement card from EVGA through Parcelfarces nonsense after about 4 weeks and now I am struggling to find a way to ship my original card back. 
The only courier that allows me to ship DDP and have the parcel insured (as EVGA demands) I could find was DPD and they ask me to pay VAT in advance then (350 EUR) which is beyond ridiculous sine I already paid VAT on the original unit as well as the replacement unit that I received.

Can we get ANY help here Evga ? Your standard emails "you are liable for duties and customs charges" is no help at all. 
Or can anyone who successfully sent a card (and have it delivered) weigh in on what service they used ? 

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/09/30 07:57:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2021/09/30 08:25:03
Every parcel sent to the UK from EVGA EU that is an RMA replacement includes a Proforma invoice clearly stating RMA/Warranty to avoid commercial taxes. In a few cases customers have been taxed on those warranty replacements. UK customers can then contact the HMRC department to reclaim those taxes by proving warranty replacement. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

anx10us
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/09/30 09:29:23 (permalink)
rjohnson11
Every parcel sent to the UK from EVGA EU that is an RMA replacement includes a Proforma invoice clearly stating RMA/Warranty to avoid commercial taxes. In a few cases customers have been taxed on those warranty replacements. UK customers can then contact the HMRC department to reclaim those taxes by proving warranty replacement. 

Hi, thanks for the response, what I need is a step by step guide from anyone who has actually followed the process, i'm afraid the information you have proceeded is much too high level to guarantee any success, any failure in the process becomes a very expensive and lengthy process ...

Can you point me to the UK customers who have been successful in not having any taxes applied ? That information would be very helpful, as they clearly have a process that everyone should follow, I appreciate that you are a Moderator but lets be honest this UK RMA issue isn't for a few customers with a many more having no issues, this seems to be the majority who have been penalized huge amounts of money and time.

I'd love to know for example how do I send my parcel via ? where do I get the proforma invoice from ? Who do I contact at HMRC to get my money back ?

I'm hoping someone can give me a successful process that has worked previously.
RichardWileman
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/09/30 14:44:32 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses, as anx10us mentions a fully detailed procedure for UK RMA is the holy grail...

I have received prompt and helpful answer from EVGA support but I still seem to be going in circles.

The recommendation was to use UPS or Parcelforce so I opted to create an account with UPS. All went well as I selected 'I am sending these items to be repaired' and completed the required commercial invoice.

It would not let me enter 0 in the 'customs value' of the commercial invoice so I entered the 1850euro amount from the Proforma Invoice (supplied when requested from EVGA Customer Services).

When I came to the payment section it warned me that ‘Estimated Duties and Taxes: 351.5 EUR’ and that ‘
EVGA GmbH will be charged on delivery for duties and taxes. EVGA GmbH will be notified of final charges in advance, immediately as they are assessed. Final costs are determined by customs authorities at the time of import.’

I am guessing if I went ahead with this it would prompt a rejection by EVGA and I would just get the card back?

Going back to the drawing board…

Thanks again for the responses and any more information would be appreciated.
anx10us
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/01 03:31:15 (permalink)
This whole thing is hugely frustrating, i'm now a year into trying to figure this out, I now have an RMA, but have fallen at the first hurdle, where do I get the proforma invoice from ?
RichardWileman
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/03 07:47:48 (permalink)
Hi anx10us, I used the follow on question link from the RMA authorisation email to ask for the proforma invoice which was provided within 24hours.

anx10us
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/04 00:40:43 (permalink)
RichardWileman
Hi anx10us, I used the follow on question link from the RMA authorisation email to ask for the proforma invoice which was provided within 24hours.

Thanks for the update, have requested an invoice 3 days ago, will update the thread once I have received the pdf.

I still haven't seen any information on the correct process to follow with detailed steps ..
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102225
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/04 01:01:48 (permalink)
You are always welcome to call the EVGA EU office for more info: 
  • Germany: +49 (0) 8918-904911

• AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

anx10us
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/04 01:22:26 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    You are always welcome to call the EVGA EU office for more info: 

• Germany: +49 (0) 8918-904911
    Ive tried it doesn't help, all I get is a standard response of please use Duty Paid, we cant advise you who to use, everything should probably be ok ...

I do not understand why EVGA as a company cant post a simple step by step guide that has worked previously, this has been going on for over a year now, you are losing customers and at some point the mainstream press in the UK will run with the story ..

I have a faulty product, you have agreed to an RMA, what detailed process do I need to follow to not receive charges on sending or receiving the repaired/replaced product ?

anx10us
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/05 02:19:57 (permalink)
    I have received the proforma Invoice stating my RTX 2060 is an RMA, I also have the RMA authorised with delivery label, anyone got a clue whats next ?

I am being advised to send via Delivery Duty Paid (DDP), if need be i'm happy to spend money that I can eventually claim back, what I dont want is a bunch of costs that are beyond the value of the card.

Would be great if someone who has been successful in sending an RMA from the UK to Germany and claiming back any costs you could chime in ?

Thanks
    anx10us
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/06 06:16:25 (permalink)
    So have been advised to use parcelforce or UPS, starting the process on parcelforce I get so far and hit another roadblock ..

I'm asked for the EORI and the VAT number, on the invoice VAT Reg is DE 814 559 984, however a quick search shows this is the EORI number ?

Does that mean that the Tax No, 810/48608 is actually the VAT number ? argghgrhg

Assuming I get them the right way round, i'm now being asked to search for the HS tariff code, anyone got a clue which one is right (or if it even matters ?)

Thanks
    Kyranar
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/21 01:46:31 (permalink)
    Just posting my experiences in case anyone is still looking for this. 
    (Your mileage may vary)

I had EVGA ship an advanced replacement card for my 3090. Shipment date: Aug 5th, I had it in my hands on Sep 23rd. This was due to Parcelfarce messing up several times and not EVGA's fault.
    I ended up paying full VAT (which I still have to reclaim from Borderforce)
    After looking around for how to ship my return but not finding a definitive answer heres what I did:

I sent the parcel via UPS and used their online shipment creation. Entered all the address details, put the RMA number in the contact field, declared a value of 1500GBP (EUR from EVGAs proforma invoice converted to GBP) and used the tariff code EVGA provided. Product description was "Graphics card for PC-defective", shipment type "Return".
    An invoice was created by UPS as well, I chose DDP as Incoterm. I made no declaration of any kind on that invoice.
    The following documents were added to the parcel's document bag: 
    - 3x proforma invoice from me to EVGA (which was included in the advance RMA shipment from EVGA) 
    - 3x invoice created by UPS
    - 1x Shipping label 
    All this was done without a UPS account

Parcel was picked up Monday morning, got an email from UPS "please provide invoice" Tuesday at noon and responded promptly. 
    Minutes ago (Thursday) it was delivered to EVGA.
    3 days with no hassle about customs, import etc for less than 40 quid. 

If I missed anything or someone has further questions just let me know and Ill try to answer.
    anx10us
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/25 10:29:08 (permalink)
    Kyranar
    (Your mileage may vary)

I had EVGA ship an advanced replacement card for my 3090. Shipment date: Aug 5th, I had it in my hands on Sep 23rd. This was due to Parcelfarce messing up several times and not EVGA's fault.
    After looking around for how to ship my return but not finding a definitive answer heres what I did:

I sent the parcel via UPS and used their online shipment creation. Entered all the address details, put the RMA number in the contact field, declared a value of 1500GBP (EUR from EVGAs proforma invoice converted to GBP) and used the tariff code EVGA provided. Product description was "Graphics card for PC-defective", shipment type "Return".
    An invoice was created by UPS as well, I chose DDP as Incoterm. I made no declaration of any kind on that invoice.
    - 3x proforma invoice from me to EVGA (which was included in the advance RMA shipment from EVGA) 
    - 1x Shipping label 

Parcel was picked up Monday morning, got an email from UPS "please provide invoice" Tuesday at noon and responded promptly. 

If I missed anything or someone has further questions just let me know and Ill try to answer.

Hi
    Thanks for the information, do you know which Tariff Code you used by any chance, thats the one piece of information i'm struggling with ? I cant see anything on the RMA Invoice.

Thanks

anx10us

Kyranar
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/25 10:34:00 (permalink)
    COO = Republic of China
    Tariff code = 8473.30

I got that info by sending an email to: supporteu@evga.com
    anx10us
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/10/25 10:34:49 (permalink)
    Kyranar
    COO = Republic of China
    Tariff code = 8473.30

I got that info by sending an email to: supporteu@evga.com

Awesome thanks for the speedy response ..
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/11/12 07:55:54 (permalink)
    i just wanted to say good luck i had a really bad experience with an rma, my warrenty replacement is currently stuck in the parcel company because customs decided to stick extra vat £150  onto a warrenty replacement when i already payed vat on the original product. from my experience make sure u state in all the paper work its a broken item when returning it a guy from the support team helped me alot with returning the faulty item, make sure its clearly stated your returning becuase the items faulty and if anyone ever does an rma make sure evga put clearly on all paper work its a warrenty replacement when they send it back to you and make sure they send it using the correct procedure (not as a new product), the support team has been trying to help me alot but after a year waiting in a queue and having to return my faulty product im having to get a refund which im gutted about i waited so long for this graphics card. i forgot to mention i used dhl and insured it  also take pictures of the item before u return it and make sure its well packaged becuase if it turns up damaged it can effect things alot there is a thread somewhere
    post edited by daveyj. - 2021/11/12 07:57:50
    I_R0M_I
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re: RMA From UK to Germany 2021/11/29 02:37:27 (permalink)
    Kyranar
    (Your mileage may vary)

- 1x Shipping label 

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this post.

I'd just like to know how you got on claiming the vat back?

I've just started an advanced rma for my 3080 Ultra.
    Waiting to pay for it. But keen to have everything in place for its return.

You are in the UK right? And used the China tariff thing you posted?
    post edited by I_R0M_I - 2021/11/29 02:39:46
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile