Author
kevinc313
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5004
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 22
Flagged as Spam (1)
2021/10/04 11:24:32 (permalink)
To whom it may concern - If you have been paying attention over the last 12.5 months, you have figured out by now that any queue, drawing, etc for Ampere cards is CLOGGED with *convincing* fake accounts started by scalpers.  They have been STACKING the EVGA Queues since at least February 2021, if not since the Oct 5th 2020 start of the queue system.  Many of these accounts have never bought any cards and will now go to the front of the line, to be sold by your friendly neighborhood scalper.

EVGA should just put the cards up for auction themselves on Ebay and cut out the middle man.

post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/04 18:52:28

39 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21173
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 11:29:20 (permalink)
    Who says that you are not a scalper? Who says that I am not a scalper? Who says anyone is not a scalper? Or a miner? Or a gamer? Or someone who will store it in their closet and never use it?

It's not your concern. Stop worrying about others. Buy it when you have the chance, if you want.

EVGA limits one per address and verifies buyer information and has shipping address restrictions and has a 24 hour elite-only queue some times and and and.... What more do you want? EVGA should scalp them on eBay? That's your solution?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 11:30:51 (permalink)
    Moving to General Discussion

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 11:35:56 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Who says that you are not a scalper? Who says that I am not a scalper? Who says anyone is not a scalper? Or a miner? Or a gamer? Or someone who will store it in their closet and never use it?

It's not your concern. Stop worrying about others. Buy it when you have the chance, if you want.

EVGA limits one per address and verifies buyer information and has shipping address restrictions and has a 24 hour elite-only queue some times and and and.... What more do you want? EVGA should scalp them on eBay? That's your solution?

You don't get it.  I'm talking about people that are CHEATING THE SYSTEM.  As in a single person creating MANY fake shipping addresses, under fake names and with matching payment cards.  This is bog standard scalper / bot user technique.  They already have these accounts in use, so all they had to do is sign them up in February, then sit back and wait. 

LITERALLY THOUSANDS, TENS OF THOUSANDS OF FAKE ACCOUNTS.

This concerns me, because I play fair and play by the rules.

post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/04 11:37:10
    DerpMagoo
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 225
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 11:48:47 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    ty_ger07

You don't get it.  I'm talking about people that are CHEATING THE SYSTEM.  As in a single person creating MANY fake shipping addresses, under fake names and with matching payment cards.  This is bog standard scalper / bot user technique.  They already have these accounts in use, so all they had to do is sign them up in February, then sit back and wait. 

This concerns me, because I play fair and play by the rules.

If you think the queue system is that bad, wow have you tried getting cards on other sites on drop days? lmao. Bots are a problem everywhere. How in the world do you expect them to vet everyone? Have an actual solution? We're waiting... *crickets*

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 12:10:43 (permalink)
    kevinc313

You should give your list of fake accounts to EVGA.
    (sarcasm)

If anything were easy, it would be done. Don't act like you know about fake accounts. Don't act like you know what EVGA should do differently. Your proposed solution is that EVGA should scrap the queue list and just scalp them all to eBay directly, and you think that EVGA has bad ideas?

Now, consider this from a logical standpoint: there is no such thing as a fake account. Every account is a real account which was really created. From our vantage point, there is no way for us to know any account's identity or intentions. Don't judge EVGA based on speculation.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/10/04 12:26:56

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 12:36:10 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    kevinc313

You should give your list of fake accounts to EVGA.
    (sarcasm)

If anything were easy, it would be done. Don't act like you know about fake accounts. Don't act like you know what EVGA should do differently. Your proposed solution is that EVGA should scrap the queue list and just scalp them all to eBay directly, and you think that EVGA has bad ideas?

Now, consider this from a logical standpoint: there is no such thing as a fake account. Every account is a real account which was really created. From our vantage point, there is no way for us to know any account's identity or intentions. Don't judge EVGA based on speculation.

Don't try your usual handwaving know it all BULL on me buddy, I know your MO and you don't know ANYTHING about this.  I've followed this from the beginning and looked into what it takes to run a bot, extensively.  It's EXPENSIVE AND TIME CONSUMING.   There are thousands of people out there running bots and they all have at least a few, if not DOZENS of fake personas that they use to order items.  They all have EVGA's number and they are ALL ALREADY SIGNED UP. 

These aren't even the Elite status 100 post spammers.  These are just fakes straight away signed up.
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/04 13:17:34
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 12:39:03 (permalink)
    DerpMagoo
    If you think the queue system is that bad, wow have you tried getting cards on other sites on drop days? lmao. Bots are a problem everywhere. How in the world do you expect them to vet everyone? Have an actual solution? We're waiting... *crickets*

Yes Derp, I have.  Is that even a serious question?  

What EVGA has done is removed the need to use a bot.  All you need is a bunch of fake accounts and you can buy as many as you want.

I am not the fool here who doesn't know what they are doing - the fools are EVGA.

post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/04 13:18:25
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 12:55:59 (permalink)
    TOS Rules .... lets keep it a friendly conversation .. or thread can be locked

Stay on topic
    No Insults or name calling

Please edit any violation you might have posted - Or you risk the entire post being removed

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 14:36:11 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    There are thousands of people out there running bots and they all have at least a few, if not DOZENS of fake personas that they use to order items.  They all have EVGA's number and they are ALL ALREADY SIGNED UP. 

These aren't even the Elite status 100 post spammers.  These are just fakes straight away signed up.

I am sure EVGA would love for you to provide them with your extensive list.

What is that they say about babies and bathwater? Who does it benefit if the queue list were to be scrapped?

Have a better solution? No? What does it benefit to complain?
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/10/04 14:38:20

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 14:41:47 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

What is that they say about babies and bathwater? Who does it benefit if the queue list were to be scrapped?

And I'd love it if you'd bring more to the table than arrogant handwaving.

McAztec
    • Total Posts : 73
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 15:10:51 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    To whom it may concern - if you're not a complete idiot, you have figured out by now that any queue, drawing, etc for Ampere cards is CLOGGED with *convincing* fake accounts started by scalpers.  They have been STACKING the EVGA Queues since at least February 2021, if not since the Oct 5th 2020 start of the queue system.  Many of these accounts have never bought any cards and will now go to the front of the line, to be sold by your friendly neighborhood scalper.

EVGA should just put the cards up for auction themselves on Ebay and cut out the middle man.

You have posted multiple times on the queue feedback thread and a few other places flaming this decision, asking for heads to roll, would it be correct to assume that you are one of those that got one or more cards already and was lined up for more? 
    Need to upgrade the cat's VR mouse catching simulator rig eh?

And what's all this about "serious people" being only those that signed up on launch day or whatever? That's some "real scotsman" right there if I ever saw any. Some people were still on the fence about upgrading, or being hit financially by the pandemic, or just waiting to see how everything's going you know? Hell, I'm still on the fence all thing considered, but I might as well try since I waited this far. As for all the new accounts being scalpers and all, has it ever occurred to you that until the market went up the creek without a paddle most of us were perfectly content buying the same thing from local shops for minimal to no markups over this store? Many of us just didn't need an account at all. My first ever GPU was an EVGA GT 430 for that matter, but for some reason the then very young me didn't even consider there was a forum, let alone benefits and internet points to be had, so here I am, account made in the current year, queue entered soon after, being labeled a scalper by some dude on the internet. No wonder you're not part of the welcoming committee!

I understand your frustration at the retroactive changes being made and EVGA changing the rules of the game in the middle of it, honestly I would've been just as content if this all applied to the next queues only, but here we are, so vent all you want, have your fun, but don't take it out on the rest of us, we're supposed to be in this together...
    Also, anti scalping measures could also be implemented at other levels, such as refusing warranty for resold products, taking action (a per-person ban from buying comes to mind) against those caught reselling products multiple times (they supposedly know the serial number of the GPU sent you, so they can also probably see if somebody else registers it I assume), let's rather focus our efforts there instead of doing a queue witch hunt because the previous state of the queue wasn't much of a scalper/bot deterrent either by the looks of it.
    I'm not saying the queue doesn't have a hefty amount of scalpers and bots, but assuming everyone you see is a scalper won't get you anywhere and I presume that the bots would be the very first to sign up, so they would rather be first in line, not at the back of the queue with the rest of us.
    DerpMagoo
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 225
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 15:24:25 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    DerpMagoo

Yes Derp, I have.  Is that even a serious question?  

What EVGA has done is removed the need to use a bot.  All you need is a bunch of fake accounts and you can buy as many as you want.

I am not the fool here who doesn't know what they are doing - the fools are EVGA.

Oh... I didn't realize they changed the queue system today until after my reply. What an insane drastic move.
    Sparkyoo7
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 15:46:42 (permalink)
    Ill vote with my money and i suggest you do the same
    post edited by Sparkyoo7 - 2021/10/04 15:51:18

ftw3 3090
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:06:15 (permalink)
    McAztec

You have posted multiple times on the queue feedback thread and a few other places flaming this decision, asking for heads to roll, would it be correct to assume that you are one of those that got one or more cards already and was lined up for more? 
    Need to upgrade the cat's VR mouse catching simulator rig eh?

And what's all this about "serious people" being only those that signed up on launch day or whatever? That's some "real scotsman" right there if I ever saw any. Some people were still on the fence about upgrading, or being hit financially by the pandemic, or just waiting to see how everything's going you know? Hell, I'm still on the fence all thing considered, but I might as well try since I waited this far. As for all the new accounts being scalpers and all, has it ever occurred to you that until the market went up the creek without a paddle most of us were perfectly content buying the same thing from local shops for minimal to no markups over this store? Many of us just didn't need an account at all. My first ever GPU was an EVGA GT 430 for that matter, but for some reason the then very young me didn't even consider there was a forum, let alone benefits and internet points to be had, so here I am, account made in the current year, queue entered soon after, being labeled a scalper by some dude on the internet. No wonder you're not part of the welcoming committee!

I understand your frustration at the retroactive changes being made and EVGA changing the rules of the game in the middle of it, honestly I would've been just as content if this all applied to the next queues only, but here we are, so vent all you want, have your fun, but don't take it out on the rest of us, we're supposed to be in this together...
    Also, anti scalping measures could also be implemented at other levels, such as refusing warranty for resold products, taking action (a per-person ban from buying comes to mind) against those caught reselling products multiple times (they supposedly know the serial number of the GPU sent you, so they can also probably see if somebody else registers it I assume), let's rather focus our efforts there instead of doing a queue witch hunt because the previous state of the queue wasn't much of a scalper/bot deterrent either by the looks of it.
    I'm not saying the queue doesn't have a hefty amount of scalpers and bots, but assuming everyone you see is a scalper won't get you anywhere and I presume that the bots would be the very first to sign up, so they would rather be first in line, not at the back of the queue with the rest of us.

Actually I'm out of the game at this point, any of my needs for cards have been satisfied.  Though I'm interested to see if the "Super" cards materialize and if it's worth it for any of my friends or family to buy.

I've been following the whole thing intently since before the launch, like 15 months now.  Your comments are incredibly naive.
    Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:13:28 (permalink)
    *Grabs more popcorn*,,,*Munch munch spilling all over* Say isn't that 30 super a 30 series too?
    post edited by Nozler - 2021/10/04 16:16:24

heatware

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:19:09 (permalink)
    I find it funny that people think that we don't have any measures in place to prevent people from purchasing multiple products from different accounts. 
    GloR1ouS_
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 897
    • Ribbons : 4
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:25:06 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    I find it funny that people think that we don't have any measures in place to prevent people from purchasing multiple products from different accounts. 

I think its funny you have the audacity to comment arrogantly when there's a fire under EVGA's ass. I think its funny you ignored your active forums poll votes and treated your members like sheep.

My Setup
    -ASUS PG259QN, XG248Q
    -Lian Li 011 Dynamic
    -MSI Z490 Meg Ace
    -10900K 5.2GHZ

-Artic Freezer II 360MM
    -16GB Viper 4400MHZ
    -3080 TI Founders

-EVGA 750 P2

McAztec
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:29:17 (permalink)
    kevinc313

Actually I'm out of the game at this point, any of my needs for cards have been satisfied.  Though I'm interested to see if the "Super" cards materialize and if it's worth it for any of my friends or family to buy.

I've been following the whole thing intently since before the launch, like 15 months now.  Your comments are incredibly naive.

Perhaps they are naive but this Ad Hominem certainly isn't of any help either. Perhaps I too need to get a few GPUs to alleviate my naivety.
    That being said I hope you and your loved ones will enjoy the cards, all the best to you all.
    McAztec
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:32:32 (permalink)
    Nozler
    *Grabs more popcorn*,,,*Munch munch spilling all over* Say isn't that 30 super a 30 series too?

Hope you've brought enough popcorn to go around then.

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:36:47 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM

Oh I'm sure you do, and I'm sure they are effective against the lay person.  Of course, it is literally the professional scalper's job to thwart those measures, and they have proven to be capable of doing so.
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/04 16:40:00
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 16:37:36 (permalink)
    McAztec
    Nozler

I approve the dankness of this meme.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 17:08:01 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    ty_ger07

Yes, I agree that you are waving your hand as if it solves something; without providing any alternative solution and providing no evidence of anything.

Current solution: at least some percentage of people we know are receiving cards at MSRP.
    Your solution: all people pay scalping prices.

Please explain how the current solution is worse.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/10/04 17:09:43

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 17:24:16 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    kevinc313
    ty_ger07

Yes, I agree that you are waving your hand as if it solves something; without providing any alternative solution and providing no evidence of anything.

Current solution: at least some percentage of people we know are receiving cards at MSRP.
    Your solution: all people pay scalping prices.

Please explain how the current solution is worse.

Fine. They should allow everyone to purchase one Ampere card, from this point forward.

That will cover people waiting it out for their golden card and minimize abuse. 
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 17:27:21 (permalink)
    kevinc313

They should allow everyone to purchase one Ampere card, from this point forward.

Isn't that what they do currently?  I mean, I guess it's one per model instead of one per series, but there are so few cards being released per tier that it is effectively ... you know...
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/10/04 17:29:28

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: Queue system SCALPER / RESELLER free for all under new rules 2021/10/04 17:33:58 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    kevinc313

They should allow everyone to purchase one Ampere card, from this point forward.

Isn't that what they do currently?  I mean, I guess it's one per model instead of one per series, but there are so few cards being released per tier that it is effectively ... you know...

No it's retroactive.  The people that are getting hosed are the ones who already bought a card they didn't want, for themselves or friends or family. But now they are missing the chance to buy the card they really want and have been waiting in queue for.

New rules:

Update 10/4/2021
    In an effort to expedite those in queue who are still waiting for a EVGA GeForce RTX 30 Series Card, and to be fair to all EVGA customers, we are making a running change:
    1. Accounts that have NOT purchased an EVGA 30 series card yet as part of the queue will be prioritized.
    2. Accounts that have already purchased an EVGA 30 series card in the queue system, will be behind those who have not.
    Note: B-Stock (RX) or Step-Up 30 Series products will not affect queue positions.

We hope that this update will allow more gamers to get their hands on an EVGA GeForce RTX 30 series card. If there are any questions please contact our support at sales@evga.com.
    Thanks
    EVGA

post edited by kevinc313 - 2021/10/04 18:02:20
    Nozler
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2043
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 19:00:00 (permalink)
    McAztec
    Nozler

Watch out for the old maids :) you might break a tooth

heatware

McAztec
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/04 23:41:48 (permalink)
    ckind88
    tl;dr

Long story short your ass didnt sugn up for the queue in time and now are flaming people who did sign up in time but are being **** on by EVGA.

All good, we understand you might be slow, and need more time. Well EVGA just catered to you. Congrats.

I am not complaining that I didn't get my card 2 days after signing up, you know? Plenty of people have been waiting for over a year for their card and I've been waiting for more than a couple of months myself, and that's fine, that's on me, I didn't expect to need the queue (silly me being optimistic about the evolution of the situation) and yet here I am. What I am complaining about is how it's all handled, how people who did sign up on time are still waiting while some are getting multiple cards (presumably for family members, but we don't know that).
    I agree that the retroactive aspect is rubbing most people the wrong way and I would've been perfectly content if it only applied to future queues, or just from this point on, but I'm not the one making the decisions, and while it does work for my benefit I will not defend this aspect, all criticism of this point is valid and fair game imo, the rest where people were getting multiple cards before others got any, not so much. 
    I've mostly put out valid arguments and criticism, or tried to as much as possible, and here you are doing the ol' Strawman.
    If you'd like to have an actual civil discussion about it, so that we both come out better from it I'd be more than happy to reply to any counterarguments you may bring, but this ain't it...

Edit: Now that I think of it, what do you actually define as "on time"? If it's not "on time" why is the queue still open? Seems to me that anytime (up until yesterday that is) is on time, isn't it? How much should one wait before they can complain then, by your standards? Is there a minimum time requirement? Seems to me your post can be tl;dr-ed to "you're late, shut up and suck it up, let us get our multiple cards" in the same spirit you did mine.
    post edited by McAztec - 2021/10/04 23:46:04
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/05 00:30:38 (permalink)
    EVGA has done probably more than any other company to combat scalping

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

McAztec
    Re: Queue system GIFT to SCALPERS / RESELLERS under new rules 2021/10/05 00:42:31 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    EVGA has done probably more than any other company to combat scalping

Yeah that's true, I guess credit's due here and it's only fair.
    Most brands selling in the EU don't have stores at all and just send us to retailers (who's prices have been pumped up to high heaven of course), and from the few that do have stores, they're actually operated by 3rd parties and rarely have stock, while the 3rd party's main website has stock of the exact same product at an inflated price. At least that's what I see in my area. How peculiar, isn't it?

As a matter of fact I actually called an physical store in Belgium, your country from what I see, to ask if they deliver across borders xD
    They had better (although still high) prices than the local retailers and I figured shipping is cheaper than getting it here, but sadly they did not do business in the rest of the EU, or maybe I was just too far away, who knows.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile