EVGA

Question on EVGA Product & RMA Procedure

Author
  • Total Posts : 59
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/03/28 19:05:50 (permalink)
Hi, 

I had a family member ordering the Z170 FTW for me, meanwhile I handle the paperwork for having my own master card.
Board was ordered from Amazon on March 1st 2017. And the latest BIOS supporting Kaby Lake released a week before. 
This information is included since my i5 7600k which I ordered myself will be arriving soon. 

On the invoice which I've received and uploaded yesterday, it says sold by "my Goods" - condition new, though when the order was made I saw sold by amazon...Package looked like it been through a little something on it's way here, and some other minor things but nevertheless the product came intact. 

Does the warranty still applies for this? 
Does the board still comes with the latest chip then? 

I've gotten curious and sent an email to support@evga.com, where I've asked if I'll be able to receive a BIOS chip if the board does not come with the latest chip. I was informed that a new BIOS chip pre-flashed with the latest BIOS can be shipped, and ask to return the old in a pre-paid envelope instead. Support then said that they cannot locate my account, I provided the email address along with a screenshot as proof. At this point the email came from supportEU saying that unfortunately they're unable to send this chip and that we could RMA the motherboard. 

All of this because I was curious and wanted to get ahead just in case the board comes with the outdated BIOS. At the same time cautious as it would be my first time returning a package through shipping from Curacao, the Caribbean. 

Which RMA procedure and rules are there if I have to send the Motherboard, though I only need a BIOS CHIP?
Which support should I contact when I have to RMA a product? 
Does the normal RMA procedure counts even though the product is not defective? 
If I were to order from evga, do I have to pay attention from where (US / EU)?

Chances are the processor will be here next week, while I hope I don't have to RMA anything, but it's good to know in advance what I can expect and get ahead. 
post edited by NPNiles - 2017/03/28 19:07:18

2 Replies Related Threads

• Total Posts : 59
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Question on EVGA Product & RMA Procedure 2017/04/02 16:29:27 (permalink)
    I have received an email of support few days ago apologizing for the confusion. 
    Support was able to confirm that the CHIP could be shipped to me. 
    Tomorrow morning I'll be picking the processor up, hopefully it works and no need for EVGA to ship a CHIP. 

I would like if I could get a response though on the other questions I asked. 

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Question on EVGA Product & RMA Procedure 2017/04/02 16:59:20 (permalink)
    Remember that you can Edit your own Posts.

Added:
    In the below order.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2017/04/02 17:01:33

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile