EVGA

Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio

Author
Tdown08
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/05/18 17:27:53 (permalink)
Hi, so like in the title my question is how would I go about hooking bookshelf speakers up to it?
I haven't bought any bookshelf speakers yet just seeing if there is any additional things i have to buy or watch out for.

Thank You

7 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio 2019/05/18 18:03:14 (permalink)
    Manual for Nu Audio

It looks like there would be a couple of options

1) RCA output to a Tuner RCA input & connect speakers to the tuner

2) Optical from card to Tuner Optical Input & connect speakers to tuner

3) Use the Front panel header on the Nu Audio Card - plug speakers into your Case's front panel

4) I Do NOT know if it would be Safe to plug your speakers into the headphone Out jack

5) Call EVGA Customer Support for Pre-Sale Help - Great group of Helpful people https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

Use Anyone's Associate Code when you buy on EVGA.com & save even More than the Sale price  Audio You save an Additional 10% with Associates Code

EVGA FAQs:  https://www.evga.com/support/knowledgebase/

in the second drop down "box" select Nu Audio to see all the FAQs for that product

Attached Image(s)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio 2019/05/19 02:27:56 (permalink)
    I wouldn't recommend driving speakers direct from the card. If you want a simple setup, look into speakers that have their own built-in amp. If you have a receiver/amp already, then connecting the card to that is okay, then the amp to the speakers. 
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio 2019/05/19 22:53:24 (permalink)
    Generally, it's probably better if you posted which speakers you're interested in buying.  Sometimes people don't realize there's multiple types of speakers, but that would make a difference here in the advice we would give.

If the speakers are powered separately, then you would want to just hook them up via RCA.  If they are passive speakers, then you will probably need an amp/pre-amp/receiver to power them.
    Tdown08
    • Total Posts : 5
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio 2019/05/19 23:21:20 (permalink)
    I see how I'll need either an amp or not now.

I was mostly looking at the Sony SSCS5 and Monoprice 50 Watt Stereo Hybrid Tube Amplifier before I posted this question. Recently now I've been looking at the Edifier speaker brand. If I'm to get an amp it looks like I'll have to make sure it matches the volts and Ohms at the same time I'm looking at all this so I don't spend too much.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio 2019/05/19 23:46:45 (permalink)
    Just keep in mind some PC speakers are really very good for audio quality. Only reason I could see going with book shelf speakers is if they are going to be used for something else now or down the road.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio 2019/05/20 00:44:09 (permalink)
    Tdown08

I was mostly looking at the Sony SSCS5 and Monoprice 50 Watt Stereo Hybrid Tube Amplifier before I posted this question. Recently now I've been looking at the Edifier speaker brand. If I'm to get an amp it looks like I'll have to make sure it matches the volts and Ohms at the same time I'm looking at all this so I don't spend too much.

Yes, the Sony's would definitely be passive speakers.

Edifier does sell active bookshelf speakers, such as these:  https://www.edifier.com/us/en/speakers/s1000db-active-bookshelf.  You would not need a separate amp/pre-amp for those, for example.

I'm not necessarily recommending those, but you can find active speakers in many different shapes and sizes.
    ErinW
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 1149
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Question: about hooking up bookshelf speakers to Evga Nu audio 2019/05/20 00:57:33 (permalink)
    Tdown08

They're a good set of speakers. Have a pair myself. Excellent highs, but a little weak on the low end. If they're on your desk, or in a small room, it's not too bad. Anything larger, and I'd recommend pairing them with the SACS9 sub, that has its own built-in amp. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile