EVGA

Question about bundles in the Step up program.

Author
Rn_Jr
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/07/12 01:04:49 (permalink)
I have recently bought a bundle consisting of a 1070ti FTW 2 with a 750W G+ PSU for $509($556 after tax) with the PSU being advertised as "free". If I do wish to use the step up program in the future, would I be eligible for the program? If so, would the trade in value only count as $509 or $509 minus the PSU value? 
A reply would be very much appreciated. 
Thank you

7 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 17180
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Question about bundles in the Step up program. 2018/07/12 08:40:59 (permalink)
    I would think the value would be $509, but it would definitely be best for EVGA to give the final answer. Since the PSU was “free” i dont see how they would remove that cost for the stepup cost, but we shall see when they answer.
    EVGATech_AdamB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 182
    Re: Question about bundles in the Step up program. 2018/07/12 14:36:55 (permalink)
    I just wanted to add that with bundle deals, generally at least part if not all of the bundle discount is subtracted from the line item price when stepping up. So for example, if the line item price is $589.99 for the graphics card and the bundle discount is -$200 off, then the amount credited towards the Step-Up could be $389.99. This is just an example, so please take this information with a grain of salt. As always, every Step-Up request is subject to review from our team and the amount that you would need to pay would not be completely determined until the Step-Up request is approved.

Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Question about bundles in the Step up program. 2018/07/12 15:14:06 (permalink)
    just to be clear... one of you two evga techs should look into his case and post the exact answer to his question. Your posts seem to completely contradict each other.

Benny’s post makes more sense, as the power supply was advertised as “free”.

Adam’s post is confusing, as it seems to imply that the cost would be discounted the price of the psu from the gpu, which would make the deal a mislabeled deal, since the psu wasnt free.

So, since the OP asked a specific deal, which is it?
    EVGATech_AdamB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 182
    Re: Question about bundles in the Step up program. 2018/07/12 15:23:07 (permalink)
    I would certainly be happy to discuss the question about the order and Step-Up with Rn_Jr. I will be sending him an e-mail to follow up directly.

Have a moment? Please rate our service 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: Question about bundles in the Step up program. 2018/07/12 15:27:48 (permalink)
    Awesome. :-)
    Slimshiesty
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2717
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Question about bundles in the Step up program. 2018/07/14 05:21:57 (permalink)
    EVGATech_AdamB
    I would certainly be happy to discuss the question about the order and Step-Up with Rn_Jr. I will be sending him an e-mail to follow up directly.

I think the answer to the original question should be posted here for all forum members to see.
    Im sure there are a lot of people who bought one of these bundles with a "Free PSU".

If the PSU is labeled as "free" in the advertisement, then its free.. on the house, and not subject to the rules as stated in the "bundles" part of the step up verbiage.
    We forum members would like to know the true ruling on this.

CPU  Intel i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz 
    MB   MSI Z170A Gaming 7
    GPU  EVGA GTX 1070ti FTW2
    MEM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000 2X8GB
    PSU  EVGA Supernova 850 G2
    CASE Thermaltake View 31 TG

EVGATech_JeffP
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 283
    Re: Question about bundles in the Step up program. 2018/07/15 02:13:49 (permalink)
    The credit value towards the Step-Up program is based on the value paid. If you received a "free" item and the invoice breakdown shows nothing paid for that item you would get no credit for the Step-Up program. 

If you have a bundle that is listed as including a free item and the breakdown is 
    Item X $zzz.zz
    Item A $bbb.bb (free in the bundle)
    Discount $ccc.cc

The cost of item A would be deducted form the discount then the cost of item X would be reduced by the remaining discount. so the credit to step up from item X would be the price of item X plus Item A cost minus the discount. 

If the bundle does not include a free item then the breakdown would be Discount divided by number of items, subtract from cost of item being credited towards Step-Up. 

Now these aren't the rule, these are examples as different bundles have different terms, this is why the Step Up program says the price paid may be adjusted when you apply for the program. You can always opt to not follow through with the Step-Up if the adjustment is more than you expected. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile