Question about EVGA Step-Up Eligibility

Author
Punkrulz
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/09 17:37:19 (permalink)
Hello!

I was pleasantly delighted to see that the EVGA 1080Ti series has been released, so I wanted to enter my card into the step-up program. Unfortunately, I'm being told my product isn't eligible.

Product: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0
Product Purchased: 3/23/17
Product Received: 3/27/17

Unfortunately I got around to registering it today, and I guess this is 3 days too late (sigh...) to have my product eligible for the step-up program. If I order the 5 year warranty for $30, will that make my product eligible?

Also, regarding the invoice portion for the step-up: My equipment was purchased and owned by me, however due to shipping concerns I used my friend's name and had it shipped to his address. Do you think EVGA would have a problem with this?

3 Replies Related Threads

MDeckerM
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1799
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: Question about EVGA Step-Up Eligibility 2017/04/09 20:13:19 (permalink)
    Punkrulz
    Hello!

I was pleasantly delighted to see that the EVGA 1080Ti series has been released, so I wanted to enter my card into the step-up program. Unfortunately, I'm being told my product isn't eligible.

Product: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0
    Product Purchased: 3/23/17
    Product Received: 3/27/17

Unfortunately I got around to registering it today, and I guess this is 3 days too late (sigh...) to have my product eligible for the step-up program. If I order the 5 year warranty for $30, will that make my product eligible?

Also, regarding the invoice portion for the step-up: My equipment was purchased and owned by me, however due to shipping concerns I used my friend's name and had it shipped to his address. Do you think EVGA would have a problem with this?

Hello Punkrulz,

I apologize that the 14 day registration rule will require you to purchase an extended warranty however please note that the warranty extension will apply to the step up card; its not wasted money.

As for your invoice, as long as the billing information matches your information there will be no problems with where the item was shipped.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
    Punkrulz
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Question about EVGA Step-Up Eligibility 2017/04/09 20:15:55 (permalink)
    Thank you for your response. It is a shame that it doesn't apply for received date, as I would be within the 14 days. How does evga handle this with shipping delays, where someone could realistically get their card near or at the 14 day mark?
    Scotchy49
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re: Question about EVGA Step-Up Eligibility 2017/04/10 09:41:12 (permalink)
    If your original invoice mentions the date of delivery I would contact support and ask them to rectify your date of purchase to reflect the date you actually received your card.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile