EVGA

Question about 90 day/14 day registration on products purchased but not yet received

Author
Naashkyr
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/01/19 06:33:03 (permalink)
Hi,

I live in Canada and purchased an EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra at my local CanadaComputers which is listed as a supported retailer for the step-up program.

However, the card is not yet in my posession as they have a queue system in place and I was 9th in line to obtain said card. The salesperson I spoke to there told me that it should not take over 2 months for me to get it but I am doubtful.

I already have my receipt but no serial number to register the card with since I don't have it yet. How can I register/upload my receipt and respect the 14-day window without it? Does the 14-day registration window/90 day step up window only start when I receive the actual card or from the date of purchase?

If it is from the date of purchase, is there a way to contact EVGA and provide them with my proof of purchase even before I get the card?

Thanks for your time.

4 Replies Related Threads

bradsour
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 644
    Re: Question about 90 day/14 day registration on products purchased but not yet received 2021/01/19 06:56:20 (permalink)
    I would go to support with this question.

EVGA Queue Tracker Megathread
    Don't forget to google EVGA Queue Tracker

After receiving your EVGA product use my rewards code above to gift me a couple EVGA bucks.
    Naashkyr
    Re: Question about 90 day/14 day registration on products purchased but not yet received 2021/01/19 07:10:08 (permalink)
    I thought I had to register a product to even send them a support request as that is what it seemed like at first but I just found an email form so I did just that.  I'll report back with what they answer me in case it helps anybody else.

Thanks!
    Naashkyr
    Re: Question about 90 day/14 day registration on products purchased but not yet received 2021/01/19 17:10:36 (permalink)
    Just got an answer, basically the answer is "it depends". My understanding is it'll be a case by case basis and based on provided evidence.

I'm amazed at how quickly I got a reply back though.

Here's the email itself:

Hello,

This would depend on if any official documentation can be provided to show the purchase date and fulfilment date. You may have a better chance of buying a RTX 3080 FTW2 OR 3090FTW3 than going through the step up as the wait time for that is increasing as days pass and others activate their step up for cards they have in their possession.

Regards,
    EVGA
    post edited by Naashkyr - 2021/01/19 17:25:07
    Naashkyr
    Re: Question about 90 day/14 day registration on products purchased but not yet received 2021/03/02 18:09:04 (permalink)
    For the record or any others who might be interested in the results here.  The answer is no :(

EVGA support essentially told me "no, no exceptions, you paid for it that date, doesn't matter when you got it".  A bit bummed, especially after reading about all the high shipping costs that are necessary for shipping both ways and, in the end, Step-Up is essentially useless unless you happen to live in the US.

Oh well!  At least I got my 3070 and am quite happy with it.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile