[Question] Serious doubt about RMA

Author
sentinelvdx
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/11/08 10:10:53 (permalink)
Hi,

I bought my 1080ti FTW3 Elite Gaming 3 months ago and running stock as it comes, this week started showing artifacts.
I have started the RMA process, but my concern is that I'm going to receive a "ReCertified" card, why?
I should receive a brand new card, I don't want a card that was probably repaired, that I don't know what issue it had before, and that probably it's lifespan will be shorter than a new one.

How can I request a brand new card instead of a used/repaired card if I've got an almost DOA gpu?

Thanks,
SFD

8 Replies Related Threads

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/08 10:47:33 (permalink)
    Hello sentinelvdx! I believe we just spoke over the phone about your concerns. All of our RMA replacements are thoroughly tested before they are shipped out to a customer. As per our warranty terms, a product is only replaced with a new-in-box one if an RMA is started within 30 days of the original purchase date from an authorized re-seller. But as I mentioned, all of our replacements are thoroughly inspected and tested for any defects. As always, if you ever experience issues with the replacement you receive, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to assist.
    post edited by EVGATech_AdamB - 2018/11/08 10:49:32

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/08 10:49:27 (permalink)
    EVGA has been known to send out new cards for replacement, so you won't always receive a re-certified card back from evga. Best way to get a new card would be to buy another new card after selling your rma'd one.
    sentinelvdx
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/08 10:56:12 (permalink)
    EVGATech_AdamB
    Hello sentinelvdx! I believe we just spoke over the phone about your concerns. All of our RMA replacements are thoroughly tested before they are shipped out to a customer. As per our warranty terms, a product is only replaced with a new-in-box one if an RMA is started within 30 days of the original purchase date from an authorized re-seller. But as I mentioned, all of our replacements are thoroughly inspected and tested for any defects. As always, if you ever experience issues with the replacement you receive, please contact our customer support team and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks, haha, yeah probably, I post it before calling, I'm just really frustrated that my card failed after a couple of months (and worst, now that I was relocated out of the US, so I have to ship it there),  and you know how gamers care about the quality, lifespan and aesthetics of their hardware.

Sajin
    EVGA has been known to send out new cards for replacement, so you won't always receive a re-certified card back from evga. Best way to get a new card would be to buy another new card after selling your rma'd one.

Thanks, I have read some people here in the forum receiving a brand new. Hope I get one too.
    And yes, worst case scenario I can do that, hope not, because I'll have to sell it for less the money I bought it...

sentinelvdx
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/08 12:31:59 (permalink)
    And also thinking, is possible to pay a bit more to get a brand new 2080ti instead or that is not possible?

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/08 12:34:23 (permalink)
    sentinelvdx
    And also thinking, is possible to pay a bit more to get a brand new 2080ti instead or that is not possible?

You're most likely outside of your 90 day window. https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/
    sentinelvdx
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/08 12:49:44 (permalink)
    Sajin
    sentinelvdx

You're most likely outside of your 90 day window. 

Ohhh... thanks for the link :(

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/08 12:51:14 (permalink)
    No problem.
    JacobB
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 522
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: [Question] Serious doubt about RMA 2018/11/10 17:26:26 (permalink)
    sentinelvdx

As Sajin previously linked, the Step-Up program is the only upgrade program we offer. We would be unable to do upgrades through the RMA process, even with monetary transaction. The RMA process is simply to ensure that you have a working card sent back to you in the event that your card fails. 

-Jacob B.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile