EVGA

Question Concerning RMA Eligibility

Author
MatthewKaefer
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/27 08:07:18 (permalink)
I apologize if this is being posted in the incorrect subforum. I own an EVGA 1070 FTW DT that is non-functional. This card was running in my system flawlessly for roughly 2 months. Upon returning home from work one day, the card was powered off (no lights, fans were off, displays were not receiving a signal). I surprisingly did not have this card OC'd as it performed far above what I needed already (replaced a 780). I swapped the card with my old 780 and it booted up perfectly fine. The 1070 also would not power on in a friends system (his is running a 1080). My PSU is fine (powered friends 1080 in my system). Card doesn't smell like a cap was blown and at least visibly it's in perfect condition. I just wanted to run this by someone to see if it would eligible for RMA (warranty code on sticker is valid) given the above information being accurate. If any additional information would be needed I will happily provide it.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Additionally, there was no artifacting prior to total failure and temps were never above 65-70C under load. 
post edited by MatthewKaefer - 2017/04/27 08:09:25

9 Replies Related Threads

ipkha
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2308
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/27 08:12:45 (permalink)
    MatthewKaefer
    I apologize if this is being posted in the incorrect subforum. I own an EVGA 1070 FTW DT that is non-functional. This card was running in my system flawlessly for roughly 2 months. Upon returning home from work one day, the card was powered off (no lights, fans were off, displays were not receiving a signal). I surprisingly did not have this card OC'd as it performed far above what I needed already (replaced a 780). I swapped the card with my old 780 and it booted up perfectly fine. The 1070 also would not power on in a friends system (his is running a 1080). My PSU is fine (powered friends 1080 in my system). Card doesn't smell like a cap was blown and at least visibly it's in perfect condition. I just wanted to run this by someone to see if it would eligible for RMA (warranty code on sticker is valid) given the above information being accurate. If any additional information would be needed I will happily provide it.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: Additionally, there was no artifacting prior to total failure and temps were never above 65-70C under load. 

You should contact support. It does sound like an RMA to me.

redleader00
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 906
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/27 09:19:14 (permalink)
    MatthewKaefer

Thank you for your time.

This card has obviously less than 1 year old in total, so you will be able to RMA it if you have the serial number intact. You can find it behind the card (backplate) and in the box.

BrandonS
    EVGA Alumni
    • Total Posts : 678
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/27 09:29:01 (permalink)
    Hello MatthewKaefer, and welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your 1070; it does sound like the card will need to be replaced, so I'll be sending you an e-mail with further instructions. 
    nvidyuh
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/27 16:06:33 (permalink)
    Hopefully the ELITE can be RMA'd, considering it's limited or something.
    Poofu1
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 141
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/27 16:44:39 (permalink)
    you could call them
    nvidyuh
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/27 16:45:11 (permalink)
    Poofu1
    you could call them

Phone hours are probably closed now.
    MMurphy37
    • Total Posts : 21
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/27 20:12:21 (permalink)
    You are lucky your house didn't burn down. Here is what happened to mine when that I had those symptoms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivKLI20NVtI
    Jszupiany
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/28 10:41:05 (permalink)
    ipkha
    MatthewKaefer

Thank you for your time.

You should contact support. It does sound like an RMA to me.

+1
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Question Concerning RMA Eligibility 2017/04/28 21:54:51 (permalink)

Moved to the Warranty Questions section.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile