Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
Mr. Mike
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Flagged as Spam (2)
2022/01/09 12:08:23 (permalink)
Lets be honest, there always seems to be availability of cards for desktop manufacturers then there are for us poor slobs who have been in the queue. By the time my queue is called, the 4000 series will be out. Needless to say I wont be interested in buying the 3080 I have in my queue. IT's really a ripoff because they are making more money selling to everyone other than loyal customers such as my self who has been buying these cards for many years. I still have old cards that have a life time warranty in my account. 
Why wont EVGA be honest and just tell us that it's a waist of time. That, and the original prices have gone up. 
post edited by Mr. Mike - 2022/01/09 12:11:52

104 Replies Related Threads

jaredbyoung
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 1
    Flagged as Spam (2)
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 12:42:30 (permalink)
    Mr. Mike
    Lets be honest, there always seems to be availability of cards for desktop manufacturers then there are for us poor slobs who have been in the queue. By the time my queue is called, the 4000 series will be out. Needless to say I wont be interested in buying the 3080 I have in my queue. IT's really a ripoff because they are making more money selling to everyone other than loyal customers such as my self who has been buying these cards for many years. I still have old cards that have a life time warranty in my account. 
    Why wont EVGA be honest and just tell us that it's a waist of time. That, and the original prices have gone up. 

Hasn't been a waste of time for me. 
    scuba steve
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 12:51:12 (permalink)
    System Integrators get separate allotments, because if you are an SI and can't get parts you're business is dead in the water. If you get a system with an SI most of them don't even tell you what kind of card you are getting. Not that it makes it any better for the consumer side of the house. EVGA at least tries to serve the customer with the queue system there the only MFG who have made an effort to do so. I've been trying to get a 30 series card since Sept of 2020, I finally got the chance to buy one last week. Granted was a hydro copper card and they are much rarer along with the KP cards.

Yes, the current climate is frustrating because silicon providers can't produce chips as they are at max capacity, you have supply chain issues (in the US) with ships being stuck at port, and when they finally do get in they need truckers to pick them up and often there are union rules limiting who can pick up what at the ports. It's impacted everything, I went to go look at cars yesterday the dealer didn't have a single one on lot because of all the same reasons it's insane. Do I think the queue system is a waste of time, no but will you be waiting a long time yes.

Unless you are willing to pay a scalper some outrageous price and hope you are getting the right thing , and I absolutely refused to do that. You add cyptominers mass purchasing cards on top of scalping and here we are. I look forward to the day when we can all order what we need to build at system in the same shopping cart. I suspect those days are probably at least another year away, because Intel and Samsung who are expanding fab capacity in the states will not be able to get that capacity online quickly. When Intel, Samsung, and TSMC are the only game in town many vendors are at the mercy of there capacity.

TLDR: The current situation sucks, I know it's frustrating, but your turn in the queue will come up at some point and I hope it's soon.
    post edited by scuba steve - 2022/01/09 12:54:15
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 13:22:49 (permalink)
    You can get a 3080 laptop, but not an actual 3080. You know where the priority lies, with the companies that put together PC's for people. After that you get the scraps of what's left.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 13:43:34 (permalink)
    The queue system hasn't been a waste of time for a lot of people as long as you sign up early and stuck around until the site comes back up. I was in the queue for a 3080Ti and really didn't expect to get a notification after the site went down for almost an hour right after the preorder went live but was one of the first apparently when it came back up since I got a notification a few weeks later.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

NwSGR
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 13:55:43 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    The queue system hasn't been a waste of time for a lot of people as long as you sign up early and you are in the US and stuck around until the site comes back up. I was in the queue for a 3080Ti and really didn't expect to get a notification after the site went down for almost an hour right after the preorder went live but was one of the first apparently when it came back up since I got a notification a few weeks later.

Fixed that for you xD
    DJDimmy
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 16:17:33 (permalink)
    Signed up for a 3090 kingpin in March of 2021, received notification in August of 2021.  Either maintain patience, obtain a card from another source, or look for easier to run games and mods; perhaps consider using your free time to learn a new hobby as well.
    DominatorVIP
    • Total Posts : 62
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 21:08:30 (permalink)
    Mr. Mike

I think you just need to be patient. You're not the only one in the queue, there's thousands of other people in there that want GPUs just as much as you, maybe more. Some have been waiting for over a year and are just now getting cards. Your name will get called eventually, so just sit tight and your time will come.

Also, you don't really have a better alternative. You could go to the Newegg Shuffle, but that's a nightmare in and of itself, (you almost always have to buy bundles of things, so like a GPU + MOBO). You could also try getting a drop from BestBuy, but those are always botted to heaven and back. You could also pony up like $1800 and pay for a scalped card on Ebay.

Patience is key.

The GTX-1050 TI is extremely underrated, and no one can tell me otherwise.
    volcom0903
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/09 21:10:03 (permalink)
    Mr. Mike

I agree man, I just got back in the market for a gpu and forgot i queued up back on feb 21st 2021 for a 3080... i searched my history of emails and apparently i received a notification from EVGA saying they moved my queue to the LHF version... it's been so long that I had a baby and changed careers that i forgot then remembered and still haven't got a notification..... this some bs just for a gpu.. I bet if no one was buying pc parts they would start selling them again..
    LLLEFTERIS
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 268
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 02:51:52 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    The queue system hasn't been a waste of time for a lot of people as long as you sign up early and stuck around until the site comes back up. I was in the queue for a 3080Ti and really didn't expect to get a notification after the site went down for almost an hour right after the preorder went live but was one of the first apparently when it came back up since I got a notification a few weeks later.

I'm in the queue for a 3663 from 1/22/2021 here in Europe and in America the one who was in the queue for a 3663 from 1/25/2021 has already got his card.

There is no reason to buy something from EVGA again.

Greek souvlaki

I do not know English I translate with Google .... Sorry.

808sting
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 462
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 03:38:11 (permalink)
    US and EU has different supply allocations.  The same goes for retail stores and system integrators.  Unfair to compare the queue fulfillment between US and EU since the situation is different.  As for the queue itself, it is a quick solution to an unfair retail consumer mechanism.  As people have stated, first-in-first-out(FIFO) for their respective markets.  I was fortunate to get my cards, but I am still in the queue for a 3060ti and 3070 since I signed up late.  I'll probably sign up for the 3050 card since it will be a good multi-monitor card for productivity work at a "value" price. 

No other add-in-board manufacturer were doing something similar at the time while we were competing against BOTS.  I hope EVGA's mass "pimping" of the Elite membership doesn't kill the hosted servers again.  

There is a saying, have perseverance, patience, and luck. 

i9 13900KS, Asus ROG Hero Z690 MB, 32GB G.Skill DDR5-6400
    Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
    External open-loop w/Velocity2 WB
    Corsair 900D Case
    Firecuda SSD 1TB & 2TB, EVO 970P 1TB, Black 8TB
    Asus & LG BD-RE
    Corsair AX1600i PS
    LG 38GL950B-G
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 03:48:45 (permalink)
    A waist of time is a belt made of watches.

A waste of time? No, the queue wasn't a waste of time.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

0verfiend
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 07:06:42 (permalink)
    LLLEFTERIS
    Hoggle

I'm in the queue for a 3663 from 1/22/2021 here in Europe and in America the one who was in the queue for a 3663 from 1/25/2021 has already got his card.

Well, they are different queues, so that makes sense.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 07:19:49 (permalink)
    0verfiend
    LLLEFTERIS
    Hoggle

yes, each SKU is a different queue & number of units "available" in each SKU is different

@LLLEFTERIS

your post about being in two different Country queues "Europe and in America" - does not make much scene.

you mush live in one of those areas, to actually use the queue .... make a purchase

the "America site" - is not open to sales to those living in Europe

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

LLLEFTERIS
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 268
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 08:17:25 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    0verfiend
    LLLEFTERIS
    Hoggle

yes, each SKU is a different queue & number of units "available" in each SKU is different

@LLLEFTERIS

your post about being in two different Country queues "Europe and in America" - does not make much scene.

you mush live in one of those areas, to actually use the queue .... make a purchase

the "America site" - is not open to sales to those living in Europe

I am not in the queue of America but of Europe and now we here in Europe can not enter EVGA.COM takes us to EU.EVGA.COM

There is no reason to buy something from EVGA again.

Greek souvlaki

I do not know English I translate with Google .... Sorry.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 08:30:05 (permalink)
    American queue was a time sink, not a waste.
    EU queue = waste 

EVGA should have dumped that entire Europe branch along time ago.  I'm not sure I have ever heard anybody talk about how helpful they have been to the customers.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    magoo25
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 246
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 08:35:23 (permalink)
    It's really not a waste of time.
    EVGA is the ONLY one to offer such, so better than nothing, yes?
    I've been in the queue since Oct 10 2020 and still have had no luck with getting a vanilla 3080 Gaming card.
    In fact the line hasn't moved since I signed up for this particular SKU.
    Sad, yup.  frustrating, yup.  But the entire world is like this.....complaining won't change anything.
    This was the perfect storm of things....folks waited to purchase a GPU, 2080 series didn't entice folks....like me, so I waited.
    Pandemic hit.....supplies exhausted....chips in huge demand....transportation screwed up......scalpers decided to jump in......you name it.
    Get used to it.  Probably won't shake out until 2023.
    Thank god food isn't this scarce.

Ryzen 3700X, Asus Crosshair VIII, 32 GB Corsair Vengence, EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra. Corsair 7000D.
    0verfiend
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 08:40:00 (permalink)
    magoo25
    It's really not a waste of time.
    EVGA is the ONLY one to offer such, so better than nothing, yes?
    I've been in the queue since Oct 10 2020 and still have had no luck with getting a vanilla 3080 Gaming card.
    In fact the line hasn't moved since I signed up for this particular SKU.
    Sad, yup.  frustrating, yup.  But the entire world is like this.....complaining won't change anything.
    This was the perfect storm of things....folks waited to purchase a GPU, 2080 series didn't entice folks....like me, so I waited.
    Pandemic hit.....supplies exhausted....chips in huge demand....transportation screwed up......scalpers decided to jump in......you name it.
    Get used to it.  Probably won't shake out until 2023.
    Thank god food isn't this scarce.

Oh but it is, for many.

cpt00
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 08:42:18 (permalink)
    Depends where you are from.

here in canada, I've jumped in around January 2021, received my card on November 2021. 3060ti.

Its a waste of time because since September 2021 our local store got most cards in stock, they don't ship, and my neighbourhood is old, not much gamer I guess.  They sell only 1 gpu/costumer and its always the same guy at the service counter, if he sees you 10 times in the same week, he wont let you have it. He got balls.

Where its not a waste of time, is my local store sell it to msrp 'september 2021' and +cad$ conversion. EVGA didn't get a super price increase.
    That means, I got my EVGA 3060ti for the price of a 3060 locally.

EVGA 3060ti from this site : 770$ cad
    EVGA 3060ti from my local store : 940$ cad

post edited by cpt00 - 2022/01/10 08:45:09
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5004
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 09:25:03 (permalink)
    If you were on the ball in September 2020 and signed up for notify on all the cards, the que was boon for you and you could have bought multiple cards.  If you signed up for new cards as they released, you could have bought multiple cards.  Anyone who hasn't gotten a card yet signed up super late and/or didn't looking at the mechanics of the system and/or didn't look at the fact the certain SKU's aren't actually mfg in qty.
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2022/01/10 09:26:34
    cpt00
    • Total Posts : 75
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 09:29:48 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    If you were on the ball in September 2020 and signed up for notify on all the cards, the que was boon for you and you could have bought multiple cards.  If you signed up for new cards as they released, you could have bought multiple cards.  Anyone who hasn't gotten a card yet signed up super late and/or didn't looking at the mechanics of the system and/or didn't look at the fact the certain SKU's aren't actually mfg in qty.

well Ive simply sign up in Jan 2021, and totally forgot about it.
    I did receive a email around June stating that the product have changed to LHR, but EVGA will keep my priority and keep the price.

Then I thought it was dead, anyway didn't really care, I found one at my local store in the mean time.

And in november got this email that gives you 48h, click it, pay it, received it in 48h. that was fast.
    808sting
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 462
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 12:24:01 (permalink)
    kevinc313

Unfortunately, with the flood of new Elite members, new sign-ups will be a greater challenge.

i9 13900KS, Asus ROG Hero Z690 MB, 32GB G.Skill DDR5-6400
    Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
    External open-loop w/Velocity2 WB
    Corsair 900D Case
    Firecuda SSD 1TB & 2TB, EVO 970P 1TB, Black 8TB
    Asus & LG BD-RE
    Corsair AX1600i PS
    LG 38GL950B-G
    Chemavva
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 12:26:18 (permalink)
    kevinc313

Are you sure about that? I know i didnt sign up for all cards but still i did for "the best sku possible" according to EVGA, still no trace where the card is xD (im talking about the 3080)

PartNumber             DateEntered                         Notify Sent        Active
    24G-P5-3987-KR     11/17/2020 2:36:50 PM PT         No                True
    10G-P5-3897-KL      9/21/2020 2:23:41 AM PT          No               True
    post edited by Chemavva - 2022/01/10 12:28:46
    kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 12:41:29 (permalink)
    Chemavva
    kevinc313

Are you sure about that? I know i didnt sign up for all cards but still i did for "the best sku possible" according to EVGA, still no trace where the card is xD (im talking about the 3080)

PartNumber             DateEntered                         Notify Sent        Active

Those dates were called months ago, so you fall under the category of not understanding the mechanics, or you're not in North America.  Or you just typo'd 2020 vs. 2021, which would make them (very) late signups.  
    post edited by kevinc313 - 2022/01/10 12:45:40
    Chemavva
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 12:45:50 (permalink)
    kevinc313
    Chemavva
    kevinc313

Those dates should have been called months ago, so you fall under the category of not understanding the mechanics.  Or you just typo'd 2020 vs. 2021, which would make them (very) late signups.  

No, those dates are just from EU and yes i understand "those mechanics", im not the type or person who buys a low end card just to use EVGA stepup program get the most demanded one and skip the queue.

kevinc313
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 12:52:21 (permalink)
    Chemavva
    kevinc313
    Chemavva
    kevinc313

Those dates should have been called months ago, so you fall under the category of not understanding the mechanics.  Or you just typo'd 2020 vs. 2021, which would make them (very) late signups.  

No, those dates are just from EU and yes i understand "those mechanics", im not the type or person who buys a low end card just to use EVGA stepup program get the most demanded one and skip the queue.

I was given the impression it's easier to get cards in the EU through normal retail channels, so that's likely a more reasonable route.  
    Chemavva
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/10 12:57:23 (permalink)
    I mean sure you can get one from normal retail channels but you are gonna pay x2 the price, but still im not that desesperate or anything like that, im just giving my opinion about how queue works on EU.
    Im gonna wait and see when i can get one new GPU, thats all i can do right now.
    Azmodael
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/11 03:27:39 (permalink)
    EVGA literally ships 0 card for the EU queue for months now. ZERO. Has been so for a very long time now.

Meanwhile USA queue is alive and running.
    So yeah. EU queue is dead and EU customers are second rate.
    russsl8
    • Total Posts : 15
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/11 07:04:33 (permalink)
    I got my standard edition 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra from queue in October last year (few months ago). Got the email for the Hydrocopper yesterday (that I passed on).

As long as you got in the queues early, you have a good chance of getting a card. If you signed up for, say a 3080, a month or more after they initially launched, then yeah, you're not going to get anything anytime soon.

Look forward to Intel Arc. Those should hopefully even out supply across everything when they hit.

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
    MSI X670E Carbon Wifi
    G.Skill 2x16GB DDR5-6400
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 w/ EK Velocity block
    Acer X34S / Acer XB270HU
    EVGA Supernova 1200 P3
    Lian Li O11 Dynamic White
    tackle70
    • Total Posts : 55
    Re: QUEUED IS REALLY A WAISTE OF TIME 2022/01/11 07:19:22 (permalink)
    We're probably a few years away from graphics cards being readily available at their launch day at their MSRP. I wouldn't worry about getting a 4000 series card before a queued 3000 series card. You'll have to win the instant-purchase F5 lottery or otherwise wait in some kind of queue for 4000 series cards too.
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile