Primo II

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
Krzysztof47
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 430
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 15
Re: Primo II 2017/08/29 23:36:43 (permalink)
Here is the ASIC quality of the GPU's, pretty good considering it could be lower.  Though to be honest I am not too sure how "accurate" GPU-Z is with these readings.

ASIC range is 71-73%~

post edited by Krzysztof47 - 2018/02/13 15:08:55

Attached Image(s)

Krzysztof47
iCX Member
Re: Primo II 2017/09/02 20:26:34 (permalink)
I got the HDX 5 and Kryo M.2 EVO and well there a few issues unfortunately.  The HDX 5, unknown to me before, can only take M.2 B-Key drives so I cant use my Predator M.2 unfortunately.  The Kryo EVO is great and has a very thick heatsink, but where I mounted it I had to unplug the CPFA cable since it was blocking it, though this is no big deal.  The EVO has a nice orange light indicator to show drive activity.  All I need to is get 0.5mm thermal pads for the top of the M.2.  I will post pictures very soon.  The temp difference moving from the Angel Wings PX1 to the Kryo M.2 EVO is around 4c with only one thermal pad on the bottom and not the "top".  In terms of heatsink quality I have to say the Kryo M.2 EVO is much better, the EVO heatsink is much taller and thicker, while the HDX 5 has two thin heatsink plates, though they cover the full length of the RAID card. 

Here is the Kryo M.2 EVO, works great and has a nice bright orange activity light.

I took out the CPFA cable so its a little cleaner now. 

post edited by Krzysztof47 - 2017/10/08 13:48:01

Attached Image(s)

Krzysztof47
iCX Member
Re: Primo II 2017/09/13 13:01:40 (permalink)
Since a 0.5mm thermal pads could not fit on the top heatsink, I just used some NH T1 Thermal paste and it did the trick.  The KryoM.2 EVO from what I was told was not meant for M.2's with components on both sides, but this works and is certainly a tight fit. 

I placed some paste on each of the chips. 

Also Coldzero.eu now sells solid back panel covers for the Phanteks Primo, so I ordered one and will install it.  Help keep some of the dust out of the case, here is the link: http://www.coldzero.eu/653-backplates 

post edited by Krzysztof47 - 2017/10/08 17:42:32

Attached Image(s)

Krzysztof47
iCX Member
Re: Primo II 2017/10/24 19:39:22 (permalink)
Managed to sell my Vardar's to a friend and was a able to acquire 16x Darkside Gentle Typhoon 2150 RPM fans.  I will be sleeving these fans with Darkside cord (Black).  It will be interesting to see what the Typhoons have over the Vardar.  I will also been installing the Coldzero Back plate.  Also going to try to put some better quality photos up, since some are not too great. 

(Update)
Typhoons are here and just waiting for the sleeving to show up.  Tested all the fans and they work.  Since they are 3pin fans I am going to install 2x Phanteks PWM Hubs and run the 4pin cables from those to the Channel 3 and 4 on the Aquaero.  I will also be able to use Channel 1 and 2 for the DDC pumps.     

(Update)

Had to send the Typhoons back since they would end up drawing way to much power and I would either end up frying my Aquaero or Phanteks hubs, or both.  The Phanteks hubs were rated only for 30w and it only be able to handle 4 Typhoons AP60's, trying to hook up anymore would definitely break the something, since the calculated wattage of each fan is 7.56 watts on paper.  It would just not be practical and would costs way to much trying to control the fans.  Going to try and acquire the Darkside Gentle Typhoon PWM 1850 RPM ones which would be a lot easier to setup with my current system.  The 1850 versions should also draw less power then the Vardars and be much quieter. 

(Update)

After some testing and running into more issues, I have decided this was not a good upgrade and a pretty dumb one on my part, since the F4 120 Vardar's still function 100% and can move a whole lot of air.  The 1850 PWM Typhoons had some sort of defect and would emit a very audible buzzing sound while a couple didn't and functioned normally, not to mention their price is pretty high and sleeving them would take time.   
post edited by Krzysztof47 - 2018/01/10 17:02:42
Krzysztof47
iCX Member
Re: Primo II 2017/12/10 13:47:40 (permalink)
When I change my coolant in the summer I will be swapping the Bitspower Summit EF block out for an EF-X block, I got one today and tested to see if it would fit with the THOR EIX 99 Kit and it does, all I have to do is swap the mounting g bracket out for the special one in the EIX 99 Kit.  The EF-X has better flow and might grant me a 1-2c better temp for my CPU.  I also plan on trying the Swifttech MCP35X2 Housing, which on paper might offer better flow rate.  (Turns out the MXP35X2 had some pretty bad machining issues and would not accept EK Heatsinks,  best just using the XTOP.  Currently the 3.2 DDC PWM pumps run at 60% and offer me around 150 l/h, at 100% that goes up to 175 l/h.  This flow rate has to do with the 6x QDC's, which is an extremely useful feature. I will also be installing the Coldzero Primo Plate.  These will be some nice upgrades and I look forward to seeing how they preform. 

EF-X Acrylic block fits 100%, EF and EF-X have the same dimensions mostly regarding height, G1/4 ports and use the same exact bracket. 

Photos and ModsRig have been updated!

(Update)

Here is a small addition I plan to add to the loop and thought it is pretty cool.  I took an Aquacomputer kryoM.2 EVO and a kyroM.2 waterblock and basically merged them together.  So I installed the kryoM.2 waterblock on the EVO PCB and get the benefit of a top heatsink along with the waterblock.  Think of the heatsink like a back plate for it.  This will be integrated into the loop when I change my coolant in the summer.  It this block will also feature EK CPC QDC's.  In the summer I will also be removing the 5x 90 degree fittings from my loop and installing the EF-X CPU block into my THOR EIX99 kit, so in theory this should improve my flow rate.  Not to mention the EVO LED's will be cool to see.     

As for plans with this system, the last upgrade is again installing the kryoM.2 Hybrid block, EF-X changing coolant, cleaning blocks, and changing the EK 240 PE on the front to an EK 240XE with just push.  I will be able to do this yet again thanks to Coldzero.eu for making a custom requested dual Phanteks pump bracket which will allow me to install the same dual DDC setup I have but lower to the ground of the case allowing me to install a much thicker rad.  The benefit of the 240XE on the front should be pretty helpful, because it will provide better flow rate over the PE and cooling power.  Here is the link:

https://www.coldzero.eu/custom-requested-parts/3807-custom-pump-mount-plate-for-enthoo-primo-1.html

(Update)

In a few months I will be making the next big update to my system, its going to be basically a small performance update.  I will be adding the following parts and removing the following:

ADDING:
- Aquacomputer Hubby 7 Internal USB 2.0 Hub (now there will be 2x in the system)
- Aquacomputer Farbwerk USB RGB Controller
- Aquacomputer VISION KyroGraphics Black Sleeved (This will be installed on the kryoM.2!!!) 
- 2x Bitspower 60mm 3-Pin Fans, Black Sleeved (BP-FAN60SHD-BK) (These will be installed under the EK DDC Heatsinks, since I will be removing 2x Vardars from the front)
- Bitspower X-Station Red, 4 Molex
- EK CPC QDC (adding this for the kryoM.2)
- Coldzero.eu X-Station mounting plate
- Coldzero.eu Dual Phanteks Mounting Plate
- Coldzero.eu Dual Hubby 7 and Farbwerk mounting plate
- Coldzero.eu Solid Side panel cover
- Coldzero.eu Custom Reservoir Bracket Cover with Phanteks logo
- All Barrow Fittings
- Hardware Labs 480 GTS
- 2x Hardware Labs 240 GTX
- 14x Gentle Typhoon 120mm 2150 RPM PWM
- Aqua Computer Aquacover Dual DDC
- Aqua Computer ECO Reservoir 100ml
- Aqua Computer Pressure Membrane fitting
- 2x Bitspower DDC Heatsinks Black

REMOVING:
- All EK Fittings and Rads
- 16x EK Vardar F4 2200 PRM 120mm Fans

Here are some of the parts
post edited by Krzysztof47 - 2018/04/19 19:33:11

Attached Image(s)

Krzysztof47
iCX Member
Re: Primo II 2018/02/12 13:34:09 (permalink)
Coldzero parts are in!  Time to get that HW 240 GTX in there!

Got the rest of the Radiators: 480GTS and 2x 240GTX's.  Also Got all the Barrow Fittings I need and Tygon A60 Neoprene tubing (3/8-5/8)!

post edited by Krzysztof47 - 2018/04/19 19:33:43

Attached Image(s)

Krzysztof47
iCX Member
Re: Primo II 2018/07/02 14:21:36 (permalink)
Revision of system is here now: https://forums.evga.com/Primo-III-The-Mega-Revision-m2833422.aspx#2833422
Thanks for all the feedback and comments!
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile