EVGA

Precision XOC causes games to crash. why?

Author
Xann2727
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/01 18:55:43 (permalink)
Ive mentioned before that XOC has been causing some of my favorit games to become unstable and crash. Ive got XOC v6.2.7 and this will cause games like Destiny2 and Fallout 76 to lock and freeze the screen to a point where I cannot even close the app. I have to use a secondary monitor (which is no longer hooked up due to it not having HDMI) just to close the programs when they freeze. 

People would tell me "Oh, just use MSI Afterburner. well, Im running a GTX1080ti SC2 and afterburner only controls 1 of my 2 fans on the GPU. the card is not overclocked. not overvolted, nor is mu CPU overclocked nor RAM. 

I have used many different drivers, and the games all crash randomly from 5 mins of play to 30 mins of play. usually when changing zones. I only do clean installs on drivers, and have even deleted and reinstalled destiny2 and FO76 twice each now. I would like to have a higher fan speed for these games because I play them in 4k, and this is why I got this card, was to put it to work. but Im not trying to fry the card. I live in Az and the ambient temps here get pretty Gnar. 

Does nVidia have any other Fan controlling software that I can use other than Precision XOC? 

^_^

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Precision XOC causes games to crash. why? 2018/12/01 19:01:00 (permalink)
    OSD should be turned Off,  issues have been posted by other members

4K is asking a lot from a single 1080 Ti - depending on your in game settings

What changes have you tried / made in Nvidia control panel ?

check this post  https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2867341

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49165
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Precision XOC causes games to crash. why? 2018/12/02 15:21:20 (permalink)
    Controlling only the first fan with afterburner is fine as the second fan will come one by itself when the power section of the card gets hot enough. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile