Precision X1 profiles deleted after each update

Author
tox1c90
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/12/03 12:30:39 (permalink)
Hello,

whenever I update Precision X1 to a newer version, all profiles seem to get deleted. When X1 opens after updating, the profile selectors on the right which are usually shaded blue/purple when a profile is saved in this slot, are all black again. Which indicates that there is no profile saved.
The only workaround until now seems to be to immediately save the OC settings again to a profile slot as long as they are still in the memory and applied to the GPU and read out by Precision X1. (Which is the case if you don't restart the PC after updating Precision X1 to a newer version which would cause everything to go back to default, as the profile does not seem to be saved anymore).
Also, the settings "Start minimized" and "Apply previous settings on load" are always disabled after updating.

A similar but not so severe thing happens when you update graphics driver while Precision X1 is running. After reboot, the profile is not applied correctly when X1 is starting. It shows just "0" for power target and temp limit, and a stock voltage/frequency curve. But the profiles are still there, so it is enough to select it and do "Load"-"Apply" for it to work again.

Third thing: Will there be a possibility to backup and restore profiles? Like when I format and reinstall my operating system, and don't want to do all fine-tuning work again with fan and voltage/frequency curves. Something like profile export/import to/from a backup file would be nice.

It would be great if these three things would get improved

2 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: Precision X1 profiles deleted after each update 2018/12/03 13:07:00 (permalink)
    I think you really want them to be deleted.
    I go as far as Deleting All the Folders between each Install.

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30996
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Precision X1 profiles deleted after each update 2018/12/04 08:08:09 (permalink)
    Interesting suggestions,

The Precision X1 is still Beta.  There is No Guarantee that your previous OC setting will work after updating X1. 

The GPU is after all controlled by X1 software & the Nvidia driver & Windows and it does not always go smoothly when updating software.

I would not select "Apply previous settings on load" ---> while Testing for stability, even after a software update / new driver. 

If it crashes do you really want those settings auto loading when you PC reboots ?

I would also point out it is best practice to install GPU drivers with No other software running, including your security software (go offline first)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile