EVGA

Precision X1 Corrupts System Restoration Data

Author
VengefulWinter
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/11/29 14:13:48 (permalink)
Hello. I recently received an EVGA RTX 3070 through the Step-Up program and downloaded Precision X1 to apply an automatic overclock + set a custom fan curve. It all worked fine, until I put my computer to sleep and attempted to wake it. When waking the system there was no display output, then after a few seconds it auto-rebooted (throwing away all RAM data) and loaded back into Windows. In event viewer, I tracked the problem back to an error that stated "A fatal error occurred processing the restoration data." Tracking a few seconds further back, I was able to find a BugCheck with code 80 (0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA).

EDIT: NVIDIA driver 457.51 has fixed this issue.
post edited by VengefulWinter - 2020/12/02 17:29:45

3 Replies Related Threads

munchkintiff
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Precision X1 Corrupts System Restoration Data 2020/12/01 20:01:59 (permalink)
    If only I saw this sooner! I just built my PC a few days ago and I have been trying to trace the problem of why my PC was booting up after sleep mode. After many google searches, updating to latest Bios and checking Event Viewer, I tried to see if the problem was coming from Precision X1 (I've only used the program to change fan curves). I made sure "Start with OS", "Start minimized", and "Apply previous settings on load" are off/unchecked and the fans are on manual. I left the program open, went to sleep mode, and after waking the computer up, it booted up again. I also tried opening and then closing the program (and fans are still spinning btw) and did sleep mode. I still had the same problem (I guess the program was somehow still running in the background?). I guess for now I'll just have to not have my computer go to sleep :(
    VengefulWinter
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Precision X1 Corrupts System Restoration Data 2020/12/02 16:37:10 (permalink)
    munchkintiff
    If only I saw this sooner! I just built my PC a few days ago and I have been trying to trace the problem of why my PC was booting up after sleep mode. After many google searches, updating to latest Bios and checking Event Viewer, I tried to see if the problem was coming from Precision X1 (I've only used the program to change fan curves). I made sure "Start with OS", "Start minimized", and "Apply previous settings on load" are off/unchecked and the fans are on manual. I left the program open, went to sleep mode, and after waking the computer up, it booted up again. I also tried opening and then closing the program (and fans are still spinning btw) and did sleep mode. I still had the same problem (I guess the program was somehow still running in the background?). I guess for now I'll just have to not have my computer go to sleep :(

Yeah, I'm hoping an EVGA rep sees this thread, because I keep forgetting to close Precision before putting my computer to sleep and end up losing whatever I had open. I may just switch back to MSI Afterburner for now and apply my overclock + fan curve through there. That may work for you as well if the cause of your problem is the same as mine.

Edit: Turns out MSI Afterburner can't apply a fan curve on the FTW3 model, so that idea is scrapped.
    Edit 2: I just read the patch notes on the NVIDIA driver released today, and it seems this may be an Ampere issue instead of an EVGA issue.
    "Game Ready Driver Fixes: [NVIDIA Ampere architecture GPU]: Blue-screen crash may occur upon waking from sleep. [3173027]"
    Fingers crossed this driver fixes the problem.
    Edit 3: Can confirm the new driver has fixed the issue. Huzzah!
    post edited by VengefulWinter - 2020/12/02 17:28:44
    munchkintiff
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Precision X1 Corrupts System Restoration Data 2020/12/02 21:15:32 (permalink)
    VengefulWinter
    munchkintiff

Yeah, I'm hoping an EVGA rep sees this thread, because I keep forgetting to close Precision before putting my computer to sleep and end up losing whatever I had open. I may just switch back to MSI Afterburner for now and apply my overclock + fan curve through there. That may work for you as well if the cause of your problem is the same as mine.

Edit: Turns out MSI Afterburner can't apply a fan curve on the FTW3 model, so that idea is scrapped.
    Edit 2: I just read the patch notes on the NVIDIA driver released today, and it seems this may be an Ampere issue instead of an EVGA issue.
    "Game Ready Driver Fixes: [NVIDIA Ampere architecture GPU]: Blue-screen crash may occur upon waking from sleep. [3173027]"
    Fingers crossed this driver fixes the problem.
    Edit 3: Can confirm the new driver has fixed the issue. Huzzah!

Yes! I can confirm it works for me too. Thanks!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile