EVGA

Helpful ReplyPrecision X1 Auto OC steps - manually add results or not?

Author
bman3333
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/09 12:56:02 (permalink)
I have an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Black and have run the Auto OC scanner in Precision X1. After selecting a Profile, Clicking Apply and Save, do I also need to type in the scan results into the GPU clock offset and save that? Or are the Auto OC scan results curve saved without the manual offset?

Also, should I increase the Power/Temp targets and or Voltage setting BEFORE running the scan?

Thanks in advance.
Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 30996
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Precision X1 Auto OC steps - manually add results or not? 2019/08/09 13:01:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bman3333 2019/08/09 13:15:56
Best practice is to Test in Small increments

Yes - add them Manually, then: Apply, then Save --> to a profile number you had previously selected

Yes - Max Temp & Power Targets (full is OK)

Yes, you can try - stability issues with the auto test could happen after raising Targets or RAM Clocks

Auto test does Not test RAM

Test @ base - find best OC that is stable ---> then start bumping the Voltage & see if you get better OC

Once you find the Max OC - back off the settings 5% -10% for Stability

Best to run a benchmark - they are a consistent way to load your PC while making adjustments

Your Max OC may not be stable in other games

Max MHz is Not always ---> Max Performance

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile