EVGA

Precision X messes up 980Ti

Author
WNear
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/09/07 06:14:30 (permalink)
I have been using Precision X for quite some time (several versions) with no issues on my GTX 980Ti (with latest nVidia release drivers). But, over the past three versions (v6.1.16 and the two before it), it no longer functions properly.

1) If I turn off the OSD option, the APPLY button will remain ghosted

2) When the OSD is on, I can't minimize (or Window) any full-screen games or else they crash

3) With OSD on, the menus in programs like Firefox and Thunderbird will be overlayed with menus from Precision X and then these apps will crash!

4) Very recently, I noticed the GPU and Memory clocks were very low (135 and 404, instead of the normal 1189 and 3505). This is apparently linked to the OSD option for some unknown reason. If I turn OSD back on, the clock speeds will rise to their normal levels. If I turn OSD back off, the clocks will instantly drop like a rock to those low levels! THIS never happened before. Screenshots attached.

Is EVGA even aware of what a mess this app has become over the past 2-3 versions? Are they working on these issues?

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix these issues? I've already reinstalled the app to no avail. I suppose I could try and find a version that's older and worked properly.

Thank you in advance for any usable suggestions.

post edited by WNear - 2017/09/07 06:49:06

Attached Image(s)

Bill

Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming mobo, Intel Core i7 10700K @ 5.2 GHz. CPU, 4x8 GBs. Crucial Vengeance RGB Pro 4000 MHz. RAM, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming 8GB, Noctua NH-D15 chromix.black heatsink, Samsung 850 Pro SSD 1 TB (boot), WD Gold 4 TB HD (data), 4 WD Gold 4 TB HD's (backup 1, 2, 3 & 4), Seasonic Platinum 1200 watt PSU, SilverStone TJ11 case, Dell S3220DGF monitor (Displayport), Windows 10 Professional (64-bit)

2 Replies Related Threads

Dr.Death
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1011
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Precision X messes up 980Ti 2017/09/07 13:05:27 (permalink)
    '' Does anyone have any suggestions to fix these issues? ''

I assume any software can be buggy   like a new release that's not  been tried and proven  . as stated  ''as is ''

By choosing to download the software, you affirm that EVGA PrecisionX is supplied "as-is". EVGA Corporation assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential, which may result from the use of EVGA PrecisionX.

all I can say is go back to the last revision that you know was working fully and well with your card 

you said this at first   '' I have been using Precision X for quite some time (several versions) with no issues on my GTX 980Ti ''

then this  ??   '' I suppose I could try and find a version that's older and worked properly '' 

hard to delete good working programs  and loose them  cause like now you never know when the need to fall back on one  pops up  .  

looks like evga DONT archive  any of the older downloads  past  xoc   included ?  [shame ]   [ I thought xoc was for pascal only at one time  ? ]  so maybe there still issue with older series ?

EVGA Precision X Version History

https://www.evga.com/precisionx/

this is the one I use with my 980ti  Precision X 5.3.11  seems to work well with out issue 

weather or not 3ed party sites are safe to download it  ????

there are the later release  down to 6.0.0   you can get  from the evga download page  any of them below that  cant click on or get

if nothing else go to afterburner   most prefer it anyway 

good luck

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Precision X messes up 980Ti 2017/09/07 22:13:30 (permalink)

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile