Pre order option on the Webstore

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
DaWorstPlaya
  • Total Posts : 35
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/09/18 08:58:02 (permalink)
Evga have you guys thought about implementing a preorder option on your website instead of the auto notify that doesn't seem to work? I tried getting a card @ 6am PST yesterday. I went all the way through the checkout process and when I was being redirected back from Paypal the website crashed and the product became out of stock. Preorder would be a much better process than constantly dealing with a website that just keeps crashing due to the overwhelming rush of customers and reduce the frustration for those of us that almost checked out but didn't.

Come on Evga! You can do it.

32 Replies Related Threads

arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:08:40 (permalink)
    I've heard that this round, Nvidia specifically forbade preorders.
    DaWorstPlaya
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:12:43 (permalink)
    arestavo

That's just dumb if they did that. I guess they just want to piss off their customers then.
    jasheeky
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:13:54 (permalink)
    That’s fine if Nvidia forbade preorders. They are released now. EVGA should now accept backorders.
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 25794
    • Ribbons : 110
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:23:20 (permalink)
    Here is a different side of the "Pre-order" thought....

You take in a lot of "Pre-orders" and that means one should fill those orders first. Correct?

And some of those pre-orders are scalpers. They get them, turn around and sell them. Causing others that did not get on the "Pre-order" bandwagon to think that EVGA or Nvidia (As a couple examples) that they are not honoring the pre-orders.

In addition, you then have others who do not know or chose to not do a pre-order, to be upset while they wait a month or more to even see any go into store stock.

Well then folks say "Split it up". And a whole new set of problems happen.

There is not perfect solution.  

And as mentioned before... We are in this pandemic right now. Supply chains are not as robust as they once had been. We all have to be patient and accept what each company choses to do in the attempt to help get products out during this pandemic. 

It is just a video card! Not a human transplant need....

HawkOculus
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 456
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:26:14 (permalink)
    Blaming the Plandemic is so 6 months ago at this point. It’s no longer a good excuse.
    jasheeky
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:26:46 (permalink)
    What am I supposed to do, just stare at my $700? I kid. But to respond, if retailers will only sell when they have physical inventory, then they need to improve their checkout process to filter out bot orders.
    jasheeky
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:27:48 (permalink)
    HawkOculus
    Blaming the Plandemic is so 6 months ago at this point. It’s no longer a good excuse.

I have to agree. Which one is it, people are hurting financially, or they are not?
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:30:21 (permalink)
    HawkOculus

I am so glad you feel that way!

Tell that to the 45% of the restaurants in my area that are now permanently closed. Or those that want to order an exercise machine and are told it is a 6-10 week wait. Or those who are still unemployed. Or cannot get products they normally could.

Yep. Totally back to normal. Nothing to see here!  Nividia did not need to get products Pre-built (oops) or anything the few months "Before" the launch or anything...
    post edited by Afterburner - 2020/09/18 09:47:37

HawkOculus
    iCX Member
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:31:21 (permalink)
    jasheeky
    HawkOculus

I have to agree. Which one is it, people are hurting financially, or they are not?

Yep, my point exactly. The launch would have played out similarly, with or without COVID and the Plandemic.

You’ve got people buying computer hardware left and right and at the same time everyone claims they’re financially strapped. Alrighty then.

When it comes to the people that go crazy over new products and can’t really afford it, they’re going to do it regardless of the current world climate.

Nvidia had plenty of knowledge of the current situation well ahead of time and proceeded anyway. Board partners were left in the dark just as much with Turing. It’s just all marketing and insane hype generation, nothing more.
    kalen37
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 305
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:31:53 (permalink)
     I just love the....it won't work so don't even try.

Saw an article where Nvidia said they were going through every order through their store manually to make sure it was not bot bought

Building off that it would be easy enough for EVGA to set up a pre-order. Then while waiting go through and make sure one unit per address, I mean it does say one per household.

Do I look like a mushroom?.
    No, then why do you keep me in the dark?.

An informed consumer is a happy one.
    HawkOculus
    iCX Member
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:33:47 (permalink)
    Afterburner
    HawkOculus

Tell that to the 45% of the restaurants in my area that are now permanently closed. Or those that want to order an exercise machine and are told it is a 6-10 week wait. Or those who are still unemployed. Or cannot get products they normally could.

Yep. Totally back to normal. Nothing to see here!  Nividia did not need to get products re-built or anything the few months "Before" the launch or anything...

Re-built products? What are you even talking about?

The restaurant industry has nothing to do with semiconductors or graphics cards.

Exercise machines? Should’ve thought about that before you ended up stuck at home.

Not everyone lives in places like Commiefornia.
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:46:15 (permalink)
    I meant pre-built 

Malkuth74
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 09:49:57 (permalink)
    Afterburner
    HawkOculus

Yep. Totally back to normal. Nothing to see here!  Nividia did not need to get products re-built or anything the few months "Before" the launch or anything...

Well.. It is terrible.. But the people waiting on the exercise machine.. Get to be put on a list and order it... But we can't with video cards.. Your excuses are not valid.  People should not have to spend days on a computer hitting F5. 

Let us order the dam things and be done with it.  Yes some will cancel.. Yes some might be bots.. Its no different to sift through live orders for bots, than it is Pre-Orders.. Its the same thing.  

The excuses have to stop.  I went on a 4 month long waiting list for My Valve Index.. The system works.  You just gotta wait.  

And EVGA already has a system in place.. The step up program uses a Que system.  Already people that have bought 2080 just to get into the Step-Up of for the 3080 FTW.
    post edited by Malkuth74 - 2020/09/18 09:54:52

I7 8700K OC (4.7 GHZ)
    EVGA CLS 240 MM AIO
    AsRock 370 MB
    EVGA 3080 FTW Ultra
    32 Gigs Ram G-Skill RipSaws DDR4 3200
    WD Black SSD NvMe 1 TB.
    Seasonic Focus 750 80+ Gold
    Afterburner
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 10:21:36 (permalink)
    Come one now, picking on one part of my entire post? I could use Ammo, Medicine, racking, Tires, Vehicles and so on and so on...

Yep, "Pandemic is totally is so 6 months ago at this point. It’s no longer a good excuse."

I am 100% on board with the "I want to be able to Pre-order" bandwagon. I am just being understanding that I am not the owner of said business and have to go with what is available. 

I am just offering thoughts to add to the discussion., not take from anyone else's thoughts. 

Riddick51PB
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 12:00:34 (permalink)
    I would like to see a "Pre-Order" option available.  Even if I were #264 in the queue for the specific video card (or other item) I want, at least I'd know where I stand and would see progress toward the beginning of the queue.

Another option: Implement a TXT message functionality, in the website, where I'd receive an "In Stock" alert message on my phone.  Then I could act accordingly and place the order without delay.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950X
    GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
    Cooler: Corsair H170i 420 AIO
    PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000W Ti
    RAM: 2x 16 GB Trident Z Neo 4000MHz
    Monitor: ViewSonic ELITE XG270QG
    Mouse: logitech  G PRO X Superlight
    Mousepad: Hayate Otsu FX SOFT XL Black
    DaWorstPlaya
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 13:47:15 (permalink)
    Afterburner

You take in a lot of "Pre-orders" and that means one should fill those orders first. Correct?

And some of those pre-orders are scalpers. They get them, turn around and sell them. Causing others that did not get on the "Pre-order" bandwagon to think that EVGA or Nvidia (As a couple examples) that they are not honoring the pre-orders.

In addition, you then have others who do not know or chose to not do a pre-order, to be upset while they wait a month or more to even see any go into store stock.

And as mentioned before... We are in this pandemic right now. Supply chains are not as robust as they once had been. We all have to be patient and accept what each company choses to do in the attempt to help get products out during this pandemic. 

You're missing the point, pre-orders would absolutely fix that. Because the scalpers have limited capital/cash to buy inventory to sell to others, they can't buy ALL the pre-order spots.

Say the pre-order goes out and the scalpers have enough money to buy the 1st 3 weeks of pre-orders. That's ok, because the rest of us that pre-order will buy the week 4 and on inventory. At least we know we are inline to get the week 4 inventory. When more people realize they can pre-order instead of giving their hard earned money to scalpers, most will just preorder and wait for their turn.

Scalpers make money by turning over inventory, so they can recoup their capital and purchase more to sell (parasites). When they realize people aren't buying from them and just pre-ordering. They are stuck with a bunch of inventory and no more capital, it gives them less incentive (and money) to try to grab more inventory. I would like to see those scalpers take a loss on their inventory or even better yet be stuck with it with nobody to sell to.
    AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:03:48 (permalink)
    I'd say Jacob could just give a heads up before hand that he is gona load the site with new stock between such and such time.. Twitter and on here.

Then people dont have to worry about 5f'ing the site all day long for the next month

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    kingx11
    • Total Posts : 54
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:12:41 (permalink)
    DaWorstPlaya
    arestavo

That's just dumb if they did that. I guess they just want to piss off their customers then.

they want to block bots, at least their trying that
    mistermister
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5804
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:24:28 (permalink)
    HawkOculus

You misspelled "pandemic". I'm sure that was a typographical error, as you certainly don't want to be "that guy". 

AMD 3700x / X-570 Aorus Ultra / RTX-3090 FTW3
    vapingforjesus
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:26:11 (permalink)
    mistermister
    HawkOculus

You misspelled "pandemic". I'm sure that was a typographical error, as you certainly don't want to be "that guy". 

hahahahahaha this cracked me up, thanks
    herocrusher
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 234
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:32:14 (permalink)
    AHowes
    I'd say Jacob could just give a heads up before hand that he is gona load the site with new stock between such and such time.. Twitter and on here.

Then people dont have to worry about 5f'ing the site all day long for the next month

^^^ This is how I got my 1080ti FTW on launch... I hope Jacob will be our savior again and tell us right before stock is going up! It's the best we can hope for.

"All your base are belonging to us!"
    arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:34:33 (permalink)
    mistermister
    HawkOculus

No citizen. Nothing to see. Move along. Move along, and remain afraid.
    mistermister
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 5804
    • Ribbons : 13
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:39:47 (permalink)
    arestavo
    mistermister
    HawkOculus

No citizen. Nothing to see. Move along. Move along, and remain afraid.

As a scientifically literate medical professional, I deal in facts not fear. 

AMD 3700x / X-570 Aorus Ultra / RTX-3090 FTW3
    pbmpharmacist
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 396
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:41:45 (permalink)
    Preach on mistermister

pbmpharmacist
    HEAT: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=58126
    EVGA Affiliate Code: U3BOM2KL9G
    Intoxicus
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 14:59:25 (permalink)
    DaWorstPlaya
    Afterburner

You're missing the point, pre-orders would absolutely fix that. Because the scalpers have limited capital/cash to buy inventory to sell to others, they can't buy ALL the pre-order spots.

Say the pre-order goes out and the scalpers have enough money to buy the 1st 3 weeks of pre-orders. That's ok, because the rest of us that pre-order will buy the week 4 and on inventory. At least we know we are inline to get the week 4 inventory. When more people realize they can pre-order instead of giving their hard earned money to scalpers, most will just preorder and wait for their turn.

Scalpers make money by turning over inventory, so they can recoup their capital and purchase more to sell (parasites). When they realize people aren't buying from them and just pre-ordering. They are stuck with a bunch of inventory and no more capital, it gives them less incentive (and money) to try to grab more inventory. I would like to see those scalpers take a loss on their inventory or even better yet be stuck with it with nobody to sell to.

PreOrders would NOT fix anything.
    Anyone that has ridden this rodeo before knows that bots can bot out PreOrders just as easily.
    If Nvidia can manually review(first time ever at all anyone has done so) orders it proves that PreOrders have no advantage.

This myth that PreOrders would make a difference is a fascinating as it is irrational.

You can view the thread I made on dispelling this PreOrders myth here:
    https://forums.evga.com/P...dvantage-m3082720.aspx
    post edited by Intoxicus - 2020/09/18 15:03:19

"Humans are not rational animals, humans are rationalizing animals." -Robert A Heinlein
    DaWorstPlaya
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 15:36:25 (permalink)
    Intoxicus

Anyone that has ridden this rodeo before knows that bots can bot out PreOrders just as easily.
    If Nvidia can manually review(first time ever at all anyone has done so) orders it proves that PreOrders have no advantage.

This myth that PreOrders would make a difference is a fascinating as it is irrational.

It would if people actually got charged during the preorder. As I said even scalpers don't have unlimited money to reserve all the preorders.
    Intoxicus
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 20:16:14 (permalink)
    DaWorstPlaya
    Intoxicus

It would if people actually got charged during the preorder. As I said even scalpers don't have unlimited money to reserve all the preorders.

Paying up front won't stop them if they have the money to invest in multiple expensive GPUs.

"Humans are not rational animals, humans are rationalizing animals." -Robert A Heinlein
    yaggaz
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1509
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 20:31:49 (permalink)
    Afterburner

I like to think your Avatar has found the addresses of the scalpers...

||  CPU: Intel 10700k   ||  GPU:  evga 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid ||  MB: Gigabyte z490 UD AC  || RAM: 2 x 16GB 3000mhz DDR4 SDRAM  || Samsung EVO 970 Plus 2TB   ||    Dell S2417DG Monitor    ||  Soundblaster AE-7  ||  Phanteks p400a Case  ||   be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ||  Corsair AX1600i PSU  ||  9 Fans total in system ||
    DaWorstPlaya
    Re: Pre order option on the Webstore 2020/09/18 20:53:45 (permalink)
    Intoxicus

Paying up front won't stop them if they have the money to invest in multiple expensive GPUs.

That's a big "IF" in your assumption there. Most scalpers aren't the richest people in the world, if they were they wouldn't be doing this. They're just there to make a quick buck on desperate people. Unless your name is Jeff Bezos you probably don't have the funds to buy all the shipments form all the manufacturers. So I disagree with you, it will work because they will only be able to pre-order so much before they run out of funds. 
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile