LockedPolice. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink

Author
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
2020/06/06 15:45:04 (permalink)

Just wanted to post something inspirational in these days of unrest and hardship...

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.

7 Replies Related Threads

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Police. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink 2020/06/06 16:17:45 (permalink)
    🤔

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    blackforce
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 883
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Police. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink 2020/06/07 12:22:15 (permalink)
    Why is it civil unrest? oh i see cause a black man was murdered by a racist gang bang cop
    and what does world war 1,2 or any other dumb ass war have to do with what happened to this man in 2020?
    only a racist would try and down play something like this. 

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Police. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink 2020/06/07 15:47:39 (permalink)
    blackforce
    Why is it civil unrest? oh i see cause a black man was murdered by a racist gang bang cop
    and what does world war 1,2 or any other dumb ass war have to do with what happened to this man in 2020?

Everyone has different ways to perceive things and express themselves differently.
    You can not Force someone to see things your way unless you have proof of course. But forcing is considered manipulation in my book.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Brad_Hawthorne
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 23174
    • Ribbons : 39
    Re: Police. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink 2020/06/07 16:05:35 (permalink)
    blackforce

Because people subconsciously tend to make everything about themselves and tend to internalize stress. COVID19 has been crappy on society the last few months and I see this purely as an emotional outlet for angst. It's detrimental to society, but an emotional outlet to the individual.

There is a term called the "useful idiot". The "useful idiot" is someone that is used to advance the goals of others without understanding the true reason why something is happening. The true reason why the riots and protests are happening is the people pulling the puppet strings in society do not like the current status quo. They subscribe to the dumpster fire theory of razing everything to the ground and replacing it with something else. That is bad news.

That being said, I think most of it (in my perspective) is way overwrought and nonsense to me. Victim culture for the most part is about virtue signalling and telling those around you what you think they want to hear, not actually doing anything to improve the world around you one real person at a time. It's why I think integrety is a value to be applauded and virtue is emotional junkfood. At least with integrety, you are being true to yourself while no one is watching and have no public need for egotistic intent to lord over others with group think.

The true gauge of all of this being nonsense is just how quickly society’s attention span turns it’s emotional dartboard to target it’s angst to the next big thing to berate everyone about. My guess, the next few weeks will flip all of this on its head to something totally different, and you’ll see the same social agitators focusing unhinged rage at something totally different with just as much energy and emotion. It’ll be as though none of this ever happened. People profit off of your emotion. Don’t make yourself an unwitting tool for other’s agenda.
    post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2020/06/07 19:47:53
    tennis_ski
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 263
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Police. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink 2020/06/08 06:37:19 (permalink)
    Brad_Hawthorne
    blackforce

Because people subconsciously tend to make everything about themselves and tend to internalize stress. COVID19 has been crappy on society the last few months and I see this purely as an emotional outlet for angst. It's detrimental to society, but an emotional outlet to the individual.

There is a term called the "useful idiot". The "useful idiot" is someone that is used to advance the goals of others without understanding the true reason why something is happening. The true reason why the riots and protests are happening is the people pulling the puppet strings in society do not like the current status quo. They subscribe to the dumpster fire theory of razing everything to the ground and replacing it with something else. That is bad news.

That being said, I think most of it (in my perspective) is way overwrought and nonsense to me. Victim culture for the most part is about virtue signalling and telling those around you what you think they want to hear, not actually doing anything to improve the world around you one real person at a time. It's why I think integrety is a value to be applauded and virtue is emotional junkfood. At least with integrety, you are being true to yourself while no one is watching and have no public need for egotistic intent to lord over others with group think.

The true gauge of all of this being nonsense is just how quickly society’s attention span turns it’s emotional dartboard to target it’s angst to the next big thing to berate everyone about. My guess, the next few weeks will flip all of this on its head to something totally different, and you’ll see the same social agitators focusing unhinged rage at something totally different with just as much energy and emotion. It’ll be as though none of this ever happened. People profit off of your emotion. Don’t make yourself an unwitting tool for other’s agenda.

VERY well said, couldn't agree more!!

PartNumber            DateEntered                     Notify Sent
    10G-P5-3897-KR     9/17/2020 8:26:44 AM PT      YES (10/28 9:14am)
    Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7806
    • Ribbons : 30
    Re: Police. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink 2020/06/08 07:33:15 (permalink)
    Racism will end when we stop seeing race. We are one "Race" and that is the human race. We all bleed red so let racism die before it kills you.
    post edited by Chrome-M-Dragon - 2020/06/08 07:36:47

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
    Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Police. Protesters. People: Jocko Willink 2020/06/08 11:35:43 (permalink)
    Please note that this is a computer hardware forum and that we do not allow any political discussions. Because of that reason I am going to lock this thread.

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile