EVGA

PX1 OSD - Only showing up in an RDP Window

Author
Troy-bn
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/11/24 14:57:30 (permalink)
I have an interesting issue with PX1 (v1.1.1).  When I installed the software, I had an RDP (remote desktop protocol) session open to another computer.  I noticed that when I turn OSD on, it only shows up in an RDP session, not in any have or in my regular desktop.  I have tried uninstalling, manually deleting folders, rebooting and then re-installing but to no avail.  The OSD only shows up when I launch an RDP session and shows in the remote connection window.

Also, I did follow the posted forum instructions for completely uninstalling, powering down and re-installiing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

-Troy
post edited by Troy-bn - 2020/11/24 15:34:02

1 Reply Related Threads

VirtualUnreality
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 122
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: PX1 OSD - Only showing up in an RDP Window 2020/11/24 16:08:07 (permalink)
    Wow, that's weird LOL!  I have 2 things come to mind short of regedit hunting--longshots, but..... :  1st, Did you try uninstall over RDP and then reinstall NOT over RDP??  2nd, try booting to safe mode and remove all monitor drivers and reinstall--maybe OSD is running on a ghosted display you can't see(??) Good luck!

Want an easy way to save up to 10% on your next EVGA purchase? Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the EVGA associate code Y8SZAS1DU12NL92 at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to say "Thank You!" for using it! 

When you register your products please use my Rewards Program Code: NHZXD6NWS9 when uploading your invoice.  Thank you!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile