EVGA

PS5 is confirmed by Sony. Launching next Holiday (2020)

Author
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 38
2019/10/08 08:27:43 (permalink)
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/dez1xy/link_ps5_is_confirmed_by_sony_launching_next/

Latest leaks on Sony new console coming out Holiday 2020.

General Info
  • The official name is PlayStation 5.
  • Releasing Holidays 2020.
  • Ray tracing support is hardware-based.
  • New SSD will help boot times, loading times and streaming.
  • The controller now has adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, new speakers, USB Type-C.
  • Physical games for the console will use 100 GB optical disks.
  • Optical drive also acts as a 4k Blu-ray player.
Additional Info
  • The dev kits (which were leaked) are actually real and developers have access to them.
  • A new modular approach to storing data. Finer grain access to data, as opposed to big blocks. Ex: Users might have the ability to install only Multiplayer components of the game.
  • Completely revamped UI.
  • The new controller will have a larger battery capacity and will be a bit heavier than Dualshock 4.
  • Haptic feedback for PS4 Pro's Dual Shock 4 could have been implemented, but was decided against.
  • Bluepoint studios (folks behind the Shadow of the Colossus remaster) are working on a "big" PS5 title.
  • The GPU has been used to power Machine learning.

2 Replies Related Threads

boylerya
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1910
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: PS5 is confirmed by Sony. Launching next Holiday (2020) 2019/10/08 15:20:50 (permalink)
    Backwards compatibility to PS4 library.

United We Stand...Six Feet Apart.
    Beware Vitamin A Palmitate found in products such as 2%, 1% or Skim Milk: government research
    Garlic is the Antichrist.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: PS5 is confirmed by Sony. Launching next Holiday (2020) 2019/10/08 20:31:59 (permalink)
    My take on modular data storage would be since games can be 100GB. By being modular you could allow the user to decide if they want to download the multiplayer or the single player story first. Or even the ability to download enough to get the game started and a few levels going. It could mean gamers with a slower internet connection wouldn't feel like they needed a physical copy. It's just the evolution of games going digital I feel in addition to the games getting bigger.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile