Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 16:33:49 (permalink)
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
Your system is also overclocked 400MHz faster than st.strecker's rig.

http://www.3dmark.com/com...s/11486413/fs/12043726

Yes but he has a 6950x compared to my 5930K and his Physics score is better. You know 6th gen processors will not over clock as high as 5th gen. I thought we were looking at the graphic scores.
The processor has no impact in Fire Strike on graphics scores unlike Time Spy.

I am looking at the graphics score. I'm telling you why you're winning. CPU & GPU clock speeds are king when it comes to 3dmark fire strike.

I am not winning you just can't admit when your wrong. No worries it's been fun, time to move on to another topic.

You're clearly winning when comparing graphics scores only. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think I am. If I owned a 1080 ti I would post the results between 1080 ti and titan xp. Have a good one. 

Last post....maybe.  If you are comparing the same hardware. you my friend are trying to compare a 6950x to a 5930k the 6050x will always kill my 5930k. Even though my processor is clocked higher his physics scores still beat mine. You can't compare 6 cores to 10 cores when bench marking. Like I said Fire Strike is one bench mark that the processor does not impact the graphics. You are still my favorite Moderator!

That isn't strictly true. The CPU and your CPU clocks will affect your GPU scores. Not as dramatically as the raw physics score but it can be substantial none the less.

http://www.3dmark.com/com...s/11940791/fs/10112114

You just made my point you have again compared different CPU's. A lot of things can impact the score like the Nvidia drivers in your example one old one new. I have had scores go up 500 points with newer drivers. But thanks for the input.

Uh no...you claimed the CPU made no difference in the GPU score. You were wrong. That is my system with the comparison. So, I think I would know exactly what I am comparing and seeing. It is okay to admit to a mistake. It is not okay to deflect and then claim 'your point' (to whom and whomever is unknown) was made. That does not seem like an accurate rendition of the events....if you catch my drift.

If you had looked at the post above comparing my machine Titan XP / 5930k vs a 1080ti / 6950x my graphic scores were 6% higher. If what you are saying is true can you explain the difference oh mighty one? The 6950x should have killed my scores all around. Buy the way same exact graphics driver.

What? You're not making any sense. You keep waffling between different claims. I can't make up your mind for you. Pick an assertion and stick with it. The one you did make regarding the CPU affecting GPU scores in Firestrike, is objectively false. Whatever point you think you're trying to make is lost in your inability to define it. So again, your one concrete assertion of fact,  was false: the CPU does affect GPU scores. Anything else?

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

CptSpig
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 16:46:53 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

Yes but he has a 6950x compared to my 5930K and his Physics score is better. You know 6th gen processors will not over clock as high as 5th gen. I thought we were looking at the graphic scores.

I am looking at the graphics score. I'm telling you why you're winning. CPU & GPU clock speeds are king when it comes to 3dmark fire strike.

I am not winning you just can't admit when your wrong. No worries it's been fun, time to move on to another topic.

You're clearly winning when comparing graphics scores only. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think I am. If I owned a 1080 ti I would post the results between 1080 ti and titan xp. Have a good one. 

Last post....maybe.  If you are comparing the same hardware. you my friend are trying to compare a 6950x to a 5930k the 6050x will always kill my 5930k. Even though my processor is clocked higher his physics scores still beat mine. You can't compare 6 cores to 10 cores when bench marking. Like I said Fire Strike is one bench mark that the processor does not impact the graphics. You are still my favorite Moderator!

That isn't strictly true. The CPU and your CPU clocks will affect your GPU scores. Not as dramatically as the raw physics score but it can be substantial none the less.

You just made my point you have again compared different CPU's. A lot of things can impact the score like the Nvidia drivers in your example one old one new. I have had scores go up 500 points with newer drivers. But thanks for the input.

Uh no...you claimed the CPU made no difference in the GPU score. You were wrong. That is my system with the comparison. So, I think I would know exactly what I am comparing and seeing. It is okay to admit to a mistake. It is not okay to deflect and then claim 'your point' (to whom and whomever is unknown) was made. That does not seem like an accurate rendition of the events....if you catch my drift.

If you had looked at the post above comparing my machine Titan XP / 5930k vs a 1080ti / 6950x my graphic scores were 6% higher. If what you are saying is true can you explain the difference oh mighty one? The 6950x should have killed my scores all around. Buy the way same exact graphics driver.

What? You're not making any sense. You keep waffling between different claims. I can't make up your mind for you. Pick an assertion and stick with it. The one you did make regarding the CPU affecting GPU scores in Firestrike, is objectively false. Whatever point you think you're trying to make is lost in your inability to define it. So again, your one concrete assertion of fact,  was false: the CPU does affect GPU scores. Anything else?

Typical Mr. know it all take a chill pill. You get in to some else's conversation and have no idea what we are talking about. Your examples did not make your case comparing to totally different CPU's with runs in different centuries makes no sense. You need to run your system with the same CPU OC'd at different clock speeds and the same drivers and check the results. Then you may make your case. Try to have a civilized conversation and get rid of your hostility.

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 16:53:00 (permalink)
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

Typical Mr. know it all take a chill pill. You get in to some else's conversation and have no idea what we are talking about. Your examples did not make your case comparing to totally different CPU's with runs in different centuries makes no sense. You need to run your system with the same CPU OC'd at different clock speeds and the same drivers and check the results. Then you may make your case. Try to have a civilized conversation and get rid of your hostility.

That's funny. You're assuming I've not run thousands of 3DMark run in various configurations?  Maybe your own passive aggressive style?  Once again, you made a mistake. Admit it, and move on and you'll feel less inclined to be both insulting then claim you're a victim of 'hostility'. Actually, I have wasted enough time on you. I made my point, and proved it. So, have a good day.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 17:05:46 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

That's funny. You're assuming I've not run thousands of 3DMark run in various configurations?  Maybe your own passive aggressive style?  Once again, you made a mistake. Admit it, and move on and you'll feel less inclined to be both insulting then claim you're a victim of 'hostility'. Actually, I have wasted enough time on you. I made my point, and proved it. So, have a good day.

Yes you did make your point and it has no validation. I really do not think you even no what point you are trying to make. Because you can't answer any of my questions and all can seem do is lay down insults. I will put this in more simple terms. In the run I referenced above if what you say is true the machine with the 6950x should have killed my graphic scores but it did not there for your point is invalid. If you can't grasp that reasoning you have no idea what point you are trying make. I have to go home now have a great evening!

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 18:08:17 (permalink)
Hi guys.. just a head up, you can use your mouse, left click where it says [/q uote] at the bottom of the text box you type in aftwr hitting quote (not the very last one, but first to last one) and the highlight up to the second name where it says [q uote=usernamehere] and then push backspace and get rid of the quote chain.. it looks nice and makes the forums far less annoying. Just thought i would give that little tip, just in case you all forgot, because it seems that many people have.

If you are on mobile, hold the bottom quote bracket, then grab the left line marker and do the same, then backspace on the keyboard at the bottom of the page. It works like a miracle.

Post go from:
user2
user1
user3
user2
user1
user3

Down to:
userthatisbeingtalkedto
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 18:57:56 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Hi guys.. just a head up, you can use your mouse, left click where it says [/q uote] at the bottom of the text box you type in aftwr hitting quote (not the very last one, but first to last one) and the highlight up to the second name where it says [q uote=usernamehere] and then push backspace and get rid of the quote chain.. it looks nice and makes the forums far less annoying. Just thought i would give that little tip, just in case you all forgot, because it seems that many people have.

If you are on mobile, hold the bottom quote bracket, then grab the left line marker and do the same, then backspace on the keyboard at the bottom of the page. It works like a miracle.

Post go from:
user2
user1
user3
user2
user1
user3

Down to:
userthatisbeingtalkedto

I agree. The quotes are getting long now. I haven't forgot.
Heini2
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 498
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 19:09:42 (permalink)
When all of the tests are in what are the odds that the Titan XP edges the 1080Ti? You can count hz or fps but there's more to than those. Bang for the buck the Ti will win but not in the "best of the best" category!

Z170 Sabertooth Mk1 / i7-6700K + NH-D15 / Trident Z (2x16GB)@3000 / 2080Ti XC Ultra / Essence STX II / 950 Pro 512GB / G3 1000W / MG279Q / HAF XB EVO / Win10 X64 Pro
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 20:21:14 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig

Last post....maybe.  If you are comparing the same hardware. you my friend are trying to compare a 6950x to a 5930k the 6050x will always kill my 5930k. Even though my processor is clocked higher his physics scores still beat mine. You can't compare 6 cores to 10 cores when bench marking. Like I said Fire Strike is one bench mark that the processor does not impact the graphics. You are still my favorite Moderator! 

Last post? I doubt it. 

You're right again. When it comes to 3dmark physics score the 6950x will always kill the 5930k. CPU does play a role in your gpu score. Don't believe me? Go run 3dmark fire strike with your cpu @ stock speeds. 

Agree.  Or better yet, running with an older CPU that starts to show signs of bottlenecking while running these high intense runs will affect the outcome.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 20:43:53 (permalink)
Just gonna say, my top 1080ti is at 1911mhz/35c and bottom is at 1885mhz/33c, both watercooled.. <3 these things already.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 21:19:52 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Just gonna say, my top 1080ti is at 1911mhz/35c and bottom is at 1885mhz/33c, both watercooled.. <3 these things already.

demon09
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 22:24:22 (permalink)
Sajin

Simple... the 2-3 fps difference over titan xp isn't worth it. I've owned my titan xp's for 7 months already. I also got both my titan xp's for $600 a piece. I'm not going to sell them just to get a 2-3 fps difference.

shoot 600$ each is a steal especially for the time frame you bought them in. I would have jumped on a titan xp for 600$ 6 months ago
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 22:32:25 (permalink)
demon09

shoot 600$ each is a steal especially for the time frame you bought them in. I would have jumped on a titan xp for 600$ 6 months ago

Yeah, I was gonna say, if he could give us the address to the dark city alleyway where he got this deal from, would be great. 

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 23:01:42 (permalink)
GTXJackBauer
demon09

Yeah, I was gonna say, if he could give us the address to the dark city alleyway where he got this deal from, would be great. 

The nvidia store made an error in my favor when I purchased them. 
demon09
FTW Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 23:44:14 (permalink)
Sajin
GTXJackBauer
demon09

lol you are one lucky man
Kaapstad
  • Total Posts : 85
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/23 00:24:44 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
IchigoSoulReaper
If you can manage to sell your titan for $800 or more then I'd say it's worth it to swap for a 1080 Ti. You're getting a few extra frames and money back so why not?

Pretty sure nobody on this forum will buy a titan xp for $800. If you sell a titan xp on ebay for $800 you only really get $700 + you'll still have to pay for shipping the card & paying for shipping on the new 1080 ti. You're still gonna lose some cash to gain a few fps, and when I say a few I really mean 2-3 fps. Worth it when you have already owned titan xp for 7 months? No. Worth it if you need the few extra frames to beat the other guy in benchmarks, say you have the best card out, & talk smack to titan xp owners for spending $1200? Sure, if you're into that. 

If beating the Titan XP on future Mark was true? Look at the hall of fame the Titan XP is still King especially on the graphic scores. KingPin is the only one on top with a heavily modified 1080ti. Not something you will see on any of our machines. He could not do these modifications on the Titan XP because the boards are more complex. I think I will keep my Titan XP and maybe snag another for $800.00.

All the people in the top 10 on 3dmark time spy could increase their scores if they were to switch to 1080 ti's without losing their current clocks that got them into the top 10. My $800 dollar comment was mostly aimed at users who are running older cards like 1080's and below.

Not true, if you look at the graphic scores the 1080ti's do not clock as high unless you modify the board or are on LN2. The 1080ti cards seem to hit a wall at about 2060 even on water. My Titan XP's core clock on water is 2152 with 675 on memory. I see some guys on Overclock.net go up to 900 MHz on memory with the Titan XP on water with reduced core clocks. The 1080ti OC very well on memory but not on the core unless on LN2. Sorry misunderstood your $800.00 comment. Below is a good example.

The only reason Kingpin has got that 1080 Ti so high is because EVGA sell 1080 Ti's.

What they don't sell is Pascal Titans so there is absolutely no point wasting any time on them with LN2
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/23 01:01:59 (permalink)
CptSpig
You need to run your system with the same CPU OC'd at different clock speeds and the same drivers and check the results.

Like this...

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/12092393/fs/12092327#

Let's also not forget that 3dmark scores can vary by 3%...

Before you start

In general, you should benchmark every device you test under the same conditions. For example, you should test every system in the same location, at room temperature, and away from direct sunlight and other heat sources.
The precision of Futuremark benchmarks scores is usually better than 3%. This means that running a benchmark repeatedly on a consistently performing system in a well-controlled environment will produce scores that fall within a 3% range.
Individual scores may occasionally fall outside the margin of error since the factors that influence the score cannot be completely controlled in a modern, multitasking operating system. There are also devices that simply do not offer consistent performance due to their design. In these cases, it is necessary to run the benchmark multiple times, and then take either an average or a mode of the results.

https://www.futuremark.com/support/guides

CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/23 06:42:31 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig
You need to run your system with the same CPU OC'd at different clock speeds and the same drivers and check the results.

Like this...

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/12092393/fs/12092327#

Let's also not forget that 3dmark scores can vary by 3%...

Before you start

In general, you should benchmark every device you test under the same conditions. For example, you should test every system in the same location, at room temperature, and away from direct sunlight and other heat sources.
The precision of Futuremark benchmarks scores is usually better than 3%. This means that running a benchmark repeatedly on a consistently performing system in a well-controlled environment will produce scores that fall within a 3% range.
Individual scores may occasionally fall outside the margin of error since the factors that influence the score cannot be completely controlled in a modern, multitasking operating system. There are also devices that simply do not offer consistent performance due to their design. In these cases, it is necessary to run the benchmark multiple times, and then take either an average or a mode of the results.

https://www.futuremark.com/support/guides

+1 could not have said this any better.

Hillguy
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1320
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/23 10:37:26 (permalink)

CptSpig
The processor has no impact in Fire Strike on graphics scores unlike Time Spy.

that's just Wrong.

OK lets use your analogy and use my clunkly old system as a test subject.    Cards have custom bios and all boost features are disabled.

Specs are in my sig ...  

Cpu @ 4.531 Ghz  FireStrike Score 22133  http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12096653

Cpu @ 5.149 Ghz  FireStrike Score 23233  http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12096773

Compare   http://www.3dmark.com/com...s/12096653/fs/12096773  

So there you go an apples to apples comparison of how a CPU Overclock can affect a Fire Strike Score.

I see 1100 points of impact.  What do you see

post edited by Hillguy - 2017/03/23 10:48:13

Attached Image(s)

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/23 11:52:10 (permalink)
Hillguy

CptSpig

that's just Wrong.

OK lets use your analogy and use my clunkly old system as a test subject.    Cards have custom bios and all boost features are disabled.

Specs are in my sig ...  

So there you go an apples to apples comparison of how a CPU Overclock can affect a Fire Strike Score.

Are you talking about the 0.1% and 0.3% impact on the graphic score? You know we were talking about CPU impact on graphic scores. Your talking about CPU impact on total score. Of course the CPU well raise the Physics score. I think you just made my point. Look at Sajin post directly from Future Mark there is a 3% margin of error between runs. Thanks for making my statement valid.

post edited by CptSpig - 2017/03/23 11:59:22

Hillguy
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1320
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/23 12:42:08 (permalink)
CptSpig
Thanks for making my statement valid.

Opps .. graphics scores only ? ..  in that case then ..  Your Welcome
post edited by Hillguy - 2017/03/24 02:56:54

eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hydrocopper | eVGA X299 Dark | Intel i9 10980XE | Heatkiller IV CPU Block | 32 GB GSkill Trident Z 3200  | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo | Dual Corsair AX1200i PSU's | Dual Koolance RP-1000 Pumps | Dual Koolance EHX-1320 4x120mm Rads | W10 | Asus PB278Q | Acer 20" | Razer Death Stalker | Razer Death Adder | Thermaltake Armor+
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/23 13:17:31 (permalink)

HeavyHemi

Well Mr. I have run thousands of 3DMark benches read the three post above. Now I think it's time for you say you made a mistake! You might want to try reading the support guides for each bench marks you just might learn something. That's probably why I hold the number one bench mark for Time Spy, Fire Strike 1.1, Fire Strike Ultra and 3D Mark11 with a 5930k / Titan XP Single card.
post edited by CptSpig - 2017/03/23 13:22:28

Kaapstad
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 00:22:27 (permalink)
CptSpig

HeavyHemi

Well Mr. I have run thousands of 3DMark benches read the three post above. Now I think it's time for you say you made a mistake! You might want to try reading the support guides for each bench marks you just might learn something. That's probably why I hold the number one bench mark for Time Spy, Fire Strike 1.1, Fire Strike Ultra and 3D Mark11 with a 5930k / Titan XP Single card.

You are very arrogant sir.
Kaapstad
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 00:26:22 (permalink)
Hillguy

CptSpig

that's just Wrong.

Specs are in my sig ...  

The CPU makes a difference in all the Futuremark benches.:)
demon09
FTW Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 00:30:51 (permalink)
Kaapstad
Hillguy

CptSpig

that's just Wrong.

Specs are in my sig ...  

umm he's talking about the graphics scores. they would be the 155fps and 118fps scores you got. You pretty much ended up proving CPU of didn't change GPU scores on your set up for fire strike
Kaapstad
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 00:47:54 (permalink)
demon09
Kaapstad
Hillguy

CptSpig

that's just Wrong.

Specs are in my sig ...  

umm he's talking about the graphics scores. they would be the 155fps and 118fps scores you got. You pretty much ended up proving CPU of didn't change GPU scores on your set up for fire strike

Even on graphics scores newer CPUs with modern architecture can make a small difference but it is not huge.

What does make a very big difference is out and out CPU clockspeed when running several GPUs on the standard Firestrike and older benches like 3dmark11.
demon09
FTW Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 00:59:20 (permalink)
Kaapstad

Even on graphics scores newer CPUs with modern architecture can make a small difference but it is not huge.

What does make a very big difference is out and out CPU clockspeed when running several GPUs on the standard Firestrike and older benches like 3dmark11.
I will agree on that. His test system was just not a good representation. If you are really CPU bound like 1080ti and specially 1080ti SLI on firestrike 1.1 CPU clock increase should show some gains in the graphics score. When I eventually get my 1080ti I may test it or someone else may have by then
post edited by demon09 - 2017/03/24 01:02:00
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 06:52:44 (permalink)
demon09
Kaapstad

I will agree on that. His test system was just not a good representation. If you are really CPU bound like 1080ti and specially 1080ti SLI on firestrike 1.1 CPU clock increase should show some gains in the graphics score. When I eventually get my 1080ti I may test it or someone else may have by then

Best way to see what I am talking about is to look at your OSD when running Fire Strike. You will see the % of use by the CPU. This only applies to Fire Strike 1.1 no other 3DMark bench. Fire Srike was designed to be primarily be a GPU bench mark . If you look at the OSD in Time Spy your CPU usage rarely gets below 35 %. In Fire Srike during graphics test it does not get much Above 3% .

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 09:27:57 (permalink)
CptSpig

HeavyHemi

OMG....Another benchmark hero.... the CPU affects the bench scores. As I pointed out not nearly as substantial as the GPU for FireStrike. As the super duper bench master, you should know that one or two percent or even fractions of a percent,  is  THE DIFFERENCE between holding the record and being the lowly second place peon.  That is an accurate and factual statement. Your blanket statement it does not, was wrong. 
You should have dropped this when you were first corrected.
post edited by HeavyHemi - 2017/03/24 09:30:05

CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 09:58:30 (permalink)

HeavyHemi

OMG....Another benchmark hero.... the CPU affects the bench scores. As I pointed out not nearly as substantial as the GPU for FireStrike. As the super duper bench master, you should know that one or two percent or even fractions of a percent,  is  THE DIFFERENCE between holding the record and being the lowly second place peon.  That is an accurate and factual statement. Your blanket statement it does not, was wrong. 
You should have dropped this when you were first corrected.

Nitemare3219
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 797
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/24 10:47:10 (permalink)
Sajin

And they did not want their $1,200 mistake fixed and returned back to them? If not, great for you! If you never said anything to them about it... you basically stole it. 

MSI X570 Tomahawk | Ryzen 5800X | Samsung 980 Pro | 32GB Trident Z Neo | RTX 3090
 Obsidian 5000D | SuperNOVA 1000 P2 | 48" C1 4K LG OLED | Naga | G915 TKL | Sennheiser HD 800 S | Grace m9XX
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile