Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 01:21:02 (permalink)
demon09
Viper453
Just goes to show how Nvidia loves to slap titan owners straight in the face this time around, the last time titan x was faster than 980 ti and had double the vram. I would be nice if AMD can catch up so i can jump ship.
last time the 980ti was with in a few fps on the Titan X when both were at stock. It's been like this ever since ti cards were out same thing for 780ti and titan .

I told that immediately when NVIDIA launch TITAN Pascal.
What is new TITAN XP? Crippled GPU with same video memory size as TITAN X Maxwell, not even 50% stronger and cost 1200$.
And there is good chance that GTX1080Ti will be better card than TITAN XP.  When TITAN X Maxwell is launched, he cost 300$ more than GTX780Ti and had 80% more power, 9GB more video memory. That was card worth of investment. Same price as TITAN Black.

It's not better only because no AMD. If AMD beat NVIDIA with Vega, NVIDIA will need to launch better card than TITAN XP for 699$. That mean full chip with GDDR5X. NVIDIA didn't know how to cripple card and what to sabotage more and than they drop memory bandwidth from 384 to 352 and launch 11GB memory. :) Jesus I would love to beat them Vega.
That would be interesting to see Panic and what they want more, to cross over Pascal and launch Volta or finally to give us normal GP102 with 12GB GDDR5X and 384bit with 100% of capacity of chip, all CUDA after 12 months.
Or maybe even GP102 with HBM2. 
But on planet there is always people who will pay how much NVIDIA ask and we will need more and more to look side options, to wait AMD for competitive price, to invest in AMD because it's cheaper, etc... Only is bad because NVIDIA manipulate so much that some option as TITAN XP are really stupid for investment because they don't work with full capacity because NVIDIAs caprice.

This generation will finish, maybe Pascal will pass and customers who paid thousands dollars will never get full capacity chip, just like that. It's NVIDIAs weird decision and opinion that customers and market not deserve full capacity GP102, not even for 1200$. 
That's nasty characteristic.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2017/03/22 01:32:58

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

panzlock
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1736
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 06:23:47 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
Hmm...so that would be a no? I didn't ask you about your perception of people who can afford a hobby, I asked you elaborate on your reply.

Had no time. Work finished. Had to go home. You understand.

Good value is getting the best performance out of a product per dollar. In the VGA market that product is the 1080 Ti given that it provides near parity to a Titan X(P) whilst undercutting it significantly in price. So if you can still sell a $1200 product for lets say...$900 and buy a similar performing product for $700, that's just good sense. Not sure why someone deserves to have their testicles smashed for taking advantage of such an opportunity.

Not everyone can afford the best product their heart desires. And even if you could, why would you out right spend so much money on a VGA? You can purchase a Maybach or Bentley for daily freeway commuting to work if you have enough money. Doesn't make it a good idea.
post edited by panzlock - 2017/03/22 06:28:10
panzlock
FTW Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 06:27:12 (permalink)
Sajin
7 months is significant time in the tech industry. If you're worried about spending money on video cards maybe you shouldn't be buying them in the first place as the value of video cards depreciate as soon as the next best thing is released.

......What??? Maybe people should stop buying cars since they depreciate as soon as you leave the dealers lot.
CptSpig
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 736
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 10:33:34 (permalink)
Sajin
IchigoSoulReaper
If you can manage to sell your titan for $800 or more then I'd say it's worth it to swap for a 1080 Ti. You're getting a few extra frames and money back so why not?

Pretty sure nobody on this forum will buy a titan xp for $800. If you sell a titan xp on ebay for $800 you only really get $700 + you'll still have to pay for shipping the card & paying for shipping on the new 1080 ti. You're still gonna lose some cash to gain a few fps, and when I say a few I really mean 2-3 fps. Worth it when you have already owned titan xp for 7 months? No. Worth it if you need the few extra frames to beat the other guy in benchmarks, say you have the best card out, & talk smack to titan xp owners for spending $1200? Sure, if you're into that. 

If beating the Titan XP on future Mark was true? Look at the hall of fame the Titan XP is still King especially on the graphic scores. KingPin is the only one on top with a heavily modified 1080ti. Not something you will see on any of our machines. He could not do these modifications on the Titan XP because the boards are more complex. I think I will keep my Titan XP and maybe snag another for $800.00.

post edited by CptSpig - 2017/03/22 10:39:20

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49167
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 12:01:29 (permalink)
panzlock
Sajin
7 months is significant time in the tech industry. If you're worried about spending money on video cards maybe you shouldn't be buying them in the first place as the value of video cards depreciate as soon as the next best thing is released.

......What??? Maybe people should stop buying cars since they depreciate as soon as you leave the dealers lot.

You're right. They should. Cars are the worst things you could possibly buy. This is how I look at cars... Buy one you like, keep it going as long as possible with proper maintenance, only replace if totaled. You'll find yourself in a ditch if you finance a brand new car every year. 
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 12:36:57 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin
IchigoSoulReaper
If you can manage to sell your titan for $800 or more then I'd say it's worth it to swap for a 1080 Ti. You're getting a few extra frames and money back so why not?

Pretty sure nobody on this forum will buy a titan xp for $800. If you sell a titan xp on ebay for $800 you only really get $700 + you'll still have to pay for shipping the card & paying for shipping on the new 1080 ti. You're still gonna lose some cash to gain a few fps, and when I say a few I really mean 2-3 fps. Worth it when you have already owned titan xp for 7 months? No. Worth it if you need the few extra frames to beat the other guy in benchmarks, say you have the best card out, & talk smack to titan xp owners for spending $1200? Sure, if you're into that. 

If beating the Titan XP on future Mark was true? Look at the hall of fame the Titan XP is still King especially on the graphic scores. KingPin is the only one on top with a heavily modified 1080ti. Not something you will see on any of our machines. He could not do these modifications on the Titan XP because the boards are more complex. I think I will keep my Titan XP and maybe snag another for $800.00.

All the people in the top 10 on 3dmark time spy could increase their scores if they were to switch to 1080 ti's without losing their current clocks that got them into the top 10. My $800 dollar comment was mostly aimed at users who are running older cards like 1080's and below.
ksgnow2010
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 466
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 13:05:00 (permalink)
Sajin
panzlock
Sajin

You're right. They should. Cars are the worst things you could possibly buy. This is how I look at cars... Buy one you like, keep it going as long as possible with proper maintenance, only replace if totaled. You'll find yourself in a ditch if you finance a brand new car every year. 

I lease my cars...get a new one every 36 months...always runs...always under warranty...don't have to pay maintenance...don't ever have to put on tires or brakes...

If only I could lease a GPU!   Hrm...interesting business idea...
panzlock
FTW Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 13:15:49 (permalink)
ksgnow2010
I lease my cars...get a new one every 36 months...always runs...always under warranty...don't have to pay maintenance...don't ever have to put on tires or brakes...

You have great variety and don't have to perform maintenance. Long term you're wasting a lot of money. Great idea for the business. Not so for the consumer.
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 13:34:02 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
IchigoSoulReaper

All the people in the top 10 on 3dmark time spy could increase their scores if they were to switch to 1080 ti's without losing their current clocks that got them into the top 10. My $800 dollar comment was mostly aimed at users who are running older cards like 1080's and below.

Not true, if you look at the graphic scores the 1080ti's do not clock as high unless you modify the board or are on LN2. The 1080ti cards seem to hit a wall at about 2060 even on water. My Titan XP's core clock on water is 2152 with 675 on memory. I see some guys on Overclock.net go up to 900 MHz on memory with the Titan XP on water with reduced core clocks. The 1080ti OC very well on memory but not on the core unless on LN2. Sorry misunderstood your $800.00 comment. Below is a good example.

post edited by CptSpig - 2017/03/22 13:50:26

ksgnow2010
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 466
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 13:50:56 (permalink)
panzlock
ksgnow2010

You have great variety and don't have to perform maintenance. Long term you're wasting a lot of money. Great idea for the business. Not so for the consumer.

Depends on your definition of "wasting money".  If I buy a new car, it loses value as soon as I drive it off the lot.  If I buy a used car, I pay a price based upon what somebody else thinks it's worth...which is related to what the guy paid who bought it new.

If I lease a car, I am only paying for the depreciation in the vehicle.  If I accept the fact that I will have a car payment (as most people don't have the raw cash hanging around to purchase the car outright), then all I make the car payment (which is less than the payment if you purchase).  The car is always under warranty, I don't have to budget for repairs, and am never in a situation where I have a car that is not reliable.  I see people "wasting money" on repetitive car repairs, and putting gas into a car that is not fuel efficient.

To each his own.

Now...back to the thread...I have 2 Titan X P cards...glad I bought both, don't feel "ripped off" by NVIDIA.

At the end of the day, the Titan X P will still be the king of Pascal...however, the gap has narrowed.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 13:51:31 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
IchigoSoulReaper

Not true, if you look at the graphic scores the 1080ti's do not clock as high unless you modify the board or are on LN2. The 1080ti cards seem to hit a wall at about 2060 even on water. My Titan XP's core clock on water is 2152 with 675 on memory. I see some guys on Overclock.net go up to 900 MHz on memory with the Titan XP on water with reduced core clocks. The 1080ti OC very well on memory but not on the core unless on LN2. Sorry misunderstood your $800.00 comment.

It's true. http://www.3dmark.com/com../fs/11963509/fs/9908829
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 13:59:42 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
IchigoSoulReaper

Not true, if you look at the graphic scores the 1080ti's do not clock as high unless you modify the board or are on LN2. The 1080ti cards seem to hit a wall at about 2060 even on water. My Titan XP's core clock on water is 2152 with 675 on memory. I see some guys on Overclock.net go up to 900 MHz on memory with the Titan XP on water with reduced core clocks. The 1080ti OC very well on memory but not on the core unless on LN2. Sorry misunderstood your $800.00 comment.

It's true. http://www.3dmark.com/com../fs/11963509/fs/9908829

That's a pour example to many variables with 4-cards. Look at my example in the last post much better. The video you posted at the beginning of this thread is with stock coolers and the Titan XP had a better Fire Strike score. Put both cards on water and you will see different results throughout all his bench marks. Look at this result. http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/11963509/fs/11826725

post edited by CptSpig - 2017/03/22 14:03:37

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:18:55 (permalink)
CptSpig

That's a pour example to many variables with 4-cards. Look at my example in the last post much better. The video you posted at the beginning of this thread is with stock coolers and the Titan XP had a better Fire Strike score. Put both cards on water and you will see different results throughout all his bench marks. Look at this result. http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/11963509/fs/11826725

Good example, but wintermagic's system is clocked 200MHz faster on the CPU which is making all the difference.
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:31:44 (permalink)
Your system is also overclocked 400MHz faster than st.strecker's rig.

http://www.3dmark.com/com...s/11486413/fs/12043726
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:33:03 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig

Good example, but wintermagic's system is clocked 200MHz faster on the CPU which is making all the difference.

But that's my point the Titan XP will clock higher than the 1080ti in most cases. Look at my single card example the core clock's are the same and the Titan XP put a beat down on the 1080ti.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:37:12 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig

But that's my point the Titan XP will clock higher than the 1080ti in most cases.

I'm talking about his processor & not gpu core. The titan xp & 1080 ti will clock differently depending on the silicon lottery, someones ti may clock higher than a titan xp if they get a really good chip.
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:40:59 (permalink)
Sajin

Yes but he has a 6950x compared to my 5930K and his Physics score is better. You know 6th gen processors will not over clock as high as 5th gen. I thought we were looking at the graphic scores.
The processor has no impact in Fire Strike on graphics scores unlike Time Spy.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:42:47 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin

Yes but he has a 6950x compared to my 5930K and his Physics score is better. You know 6th gen processors will not over clock as high as 5th gen. I thought we were looking at the graphic scores.

I am looking at the graphics score. I'm telling you why you're winning. CPU & GPU clock speeds are king when it comes to 3dmark fire strike.
post edited by Sajin - 2017/03/22 14:51:42
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:47:48 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig

But that's my point the Titan XP will clock higher than the 1080ti in most cases.

I'm talking about his processor & not gpu core. The titan xp & 1080 ti will clock differently depending on the silicon lottery, someones ti may clock higher than a titan xp if they get a really good chip.

I know what you are talking about! It's ok I know you are in Titan XP denial it was a shock when Nvidia released the 1080ti for $699.00. When you are ready to part with your Titan XP cards let me know.
post edited by CptSpig - 2017/03/22 14:51:15

CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:53:57 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

I am looking at the graphics score. I'm telling you why you're winning. CPU & GPU clock speeds are king when it comes to 3dmark fire strike.

I am not winning you just can't admit when your wrong. No worries it's been fun, time to move on to another topic.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 14:58:07 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

I am not winning you just can't admit when your wrong. No worries it's been fun, time to move on to another topic.

You're clearly winning when comparing graphics scores only. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think I am. If I owned a 1080 ti I would post the results between 1080 ti and titan xp. Have a good one. 

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know I'm not in denial. 
post edited by Sajin - 2017/03/22 15:02:06
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:08:02 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

You're clearly winning when comparing graphics scores only. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think I am. If I owned a 1080 ti I would post the results between 1080 ti and titan xp. Have a good one. 

Last post....maybe.  If you are comparing the same hardware. you my friend are trying to compare a 6950x to a 5930k the 6050x will always kill my 5930k. Even though my processor is clocked higher his physics scores still beat mine. You can't compare 6 cores to 10 cores when bench marking. Like I said Fire Strike is one bench mark that the processor does not impact the graphics. You are still my favorite Moderator!

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:16:17 (permalink)
CptSpig

Last post....maybe.  If you are comparing the same hardware. you my friend are trying to compare a 6950x to a 5930k the 6050x will always kill my 5930k. Even though my processor is clocked higher his physics scores still beat mine. You can't compare 6 cores to 10 cores when bench marking. Like I said Fire Strike is one bench mark that the processor does not impact the graphics. You are still my favorite Moderator! 

Last post? I doubt it. 

You're right again. When it comes to 3dmark physics score the 6950x will always kill the 5930k. CPU does play a role in your gpu score. Don't believe me? Go run 3dmark fire strike with your cpu @ stock speeds. 
HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:21:51 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

Last post....maybe.  If you are comparing the same hardware. you my friend are trying to compare a 6950x to a 5930k the 6050x will always kill my 5930k. Even though my processor is clocked higher his physics scores still beat mine. You can't compare 6 cores to 10 cores when bench marking. Like I said Fire Strike is one bench mark that the processor does not impact the graphics. You are still my favorite Moderator!

That isn't strictly true. The CPU and your CPU clocks will affect your GPU scores. Not as dramatically as the raw physics score but it can be substantial none the less.

http://www.3dmark.com/com...s/11940791/fs/10112114

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:25:59 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig

Last post....maybe.  If you are comparing the same hardware. you my friend are trying to compare a 6950x to a 5930k the 6050x will always kill my 5930k. Even though my processor is clocked higher his physics scores still beat mine. You can't compare 6 cores to 10 cores when bench marking. Like I said Fire Strike is one bench mark that the processor does not impact the graphics. You are still my favorite Moderator! 

Last post? I doubt it. 

You're right again. When it comes to 3dmark physics score the 6950x will always kill the 5930k. CPU does play a role in your gpu score. Don't believe me? Go run 3dmark fire strike with your cpu @ stock speeds. 

I have to ask this question if you truly think the 1080ti is a superior card. Why don't you sell your Titan XP's and buy four 1080ti's? Or could it possibly be that Titan X Pascal just sounds better and it's all black.

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:28:48 (permalink)
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig

Last post? I doubt it. 

I have to ask this question if you truly think the 1080ti is a superior card. Why don't you sell your Titan XP's and buy four 1080ti's? Or could it possibly be that Titan X Pascal just sounds better and it's all black.

Simple... the 2-3 fps difference over titan xp isn't worth it. I've owned my titan xp's for 7 months already. I also got both my titan xp's for $600 a piece. I'm not going to sell them just to get a 2-3 fps difference.
CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:45:59 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

That isn't strictly true. The CPU and your CPU clocks will affect your GPU scores. Not as dramatically as the raw physics score but it can be substantial none the less.

You just made my point you have again compared different CPU's. A lot of things can impact the score like the Nvidia drivers in your example one old one new. I have had scores go up 500 points with newer drivers. But thanks for the input.

CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:53:56 (permalink)
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig

Last post? I doubt it. 

Simple... the 2-3 fps difference over titan xp isn't worth it. I've owned my titan xp's for 7 months already. I also got both my titan xp's for $600 a piece. I'm not going to sell them just to get a 2-3 fps difference.

The Titan XP is constructed with better components and should last longer and have better resale value in the future. In the 1080ti thread on OC.net quite a few people are having to RMA cards for various reasons. I like my Titan XP thinking about picking up another card. Not sure if I want to SLI again. The 1080ti does not seem to be hurting sales Nvidia is out of stock on both cards.

HeavyHemi
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 15665
  • Ribbons : 135
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 15:57:23 (permalink)
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

You just made my point you have again compared different CPU's. A lot of things can impact the score like the Nvidia drivers in your example one old one new. I have had scores go up 500 points with newer drivers. But thanks for the input.

Uh no...you claimed the CPU made no difference in the GPU score. You were wrong. That is my system with the comparison. So, I think I would know exactly what I am comparing and seeing. It is okay to admit to a mistake. It is not okay to deflect and then claim 'your point' (to whom and whomever is unknown) was made. That does not seem like an accurate rendition of the events....if you catch my drift.
post edited by HeavyHemi - 2017/03/22 15:59:35

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

CptSpig
SSC Member
Re: Overclocked FE 1080 Ti vs Overclocked Titan XP 2017/03/22 16:16:03 (permalink)
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
HeavyHemi
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin
CptSpig
Sajin

Uh no...you claimed the CPU made no difference in the GPU score. You were wrong. That is my system with the comparison. So, I think I would know exactly what I am comparing and seeing. It is okay to admit to a mistake. It is not okay to deflect and then claim 'your point' (to whom and whomever is unknown) was made. That does not seem like an accurate rendition of the events....if you catch my drift.

If you had looked at the post above comparing my machine Titan XP / 5930k vs a 1080ti / 6950x my graphic scores were 6% higher. If what you are saying is true can you explain the difference oh mighty one? The 6950x should have killed my scores all around. Buy the way same exact graphics driver.
post edited by CptSpig - 2017/03/22 16:19:37

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile