EVGA

AnsweredOnly Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit?

Author
mavergara25
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/12 19:05:38 (permalink)
Hey Guys, 

My brother bought a 3060 from an authorized EVGA reseller recently, he paid a lot for it. He entered the step up program and the 3070 he wanted to step up to was actually less than what he paid for his 3060, not a big deal he though. He would just get the 3070 in its place and pay the taxes. This sounds reasonable.

Today, he got the Step 3 offer from EVGA, they offered him half of what he paid for the 3060. Is this a mistake? I thought the step up program applied the full invoiced/paid amount from an authorized reseller to the cost of the selected step up card (3070) ?????

Do you guys think this was a mistake or does EVGA only offer half of the invoice amount for step ups?
msromike
  • Total Posts : 64
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/12 20:20:55 (permalink)
 Sorry to hear about your GPU troubles. I think they use the MSRP and therefore the retail price your brother paid (If he bought it anytime recently he paid 200%+ because of the shortages) won't be the price they will use to determine the StepUp. If it's any consultation I paid nearly $2500 when all was said and done to get my 3080 FTW3 Ultra (Non-LHR). Maybe they will give you a discount or something I hope. Contact customer service. They may or may not be able to help you depending on their rules but they are very helpful and they try to go out of their way (They did for me). Best Regards

No matter where you go..There you are.

Corsair 7000D
 AMD 5950X
64GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Series 64GB (2 x 32GB)
SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe Gen 4 Gaming M.2
Crucial MX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA
CORSAIR iCUE H170i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler
ASUS 570X ROG STRIX Gamer WiFi2
ASUS ROG Strix LC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti OC Edition 
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2
For Development/PC Gaming/VR
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/13 09:24:38 (permalink)
That is right, they will only pay you up to the MSRP only.
There is a couple other threads in here about the same thing.
They too only got MSRP.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

eag08
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/15 14:25:33 (permalink)
Shame on EVGA for being misleading. This should not be hidden in a drop-down on the step-up page.
An example for calculating the cost difference is front and center on their  page:

Example
You have purchased a graphics card for $299.99, tax was $26.25, shipping was $10.25, and you also took advantage of a $30.00 rebate from EVGA. The product you wish to Step-Up to lists an MSRP of $399.99.
  • Add $299.99
  • Ignore $26.25 tax and $10.25 shipping
  • Subtract $30.00 for the rebate to get $269.99
  • Subtract $269.99 from $399.99
  • $130 is the cost of this example, plus return shipping and applicable taxes
An important exception to the calculation is hidden under their FAQ "Why did my price paid get changed during the approval process?":

"If the purchase price paid on your invoice (less any discounts) exceeds the MSRP of your product when you submit for a Step-Up, then the Price Paid for Product will be adjusted to match the product’s current MSRP."

What is messed up about this is that customers are not likely to read that bullet point before they buy the card.

EVGA could have made this much more transparent by adding an additional note after the first bullet point.
  • If the purchase price paid on your invoice (less any discounts) exceeds the MSRP of your product when you submit for a Step-Up, then the Price Paid for Product will be adjusted to match the product’s current MSRP.
This is not a great customer experience EVGA and seems very shady, I hope you folks correct course by considering my feedback.
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/15 17:21:39 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Cool GTX 2021/10/18 06:29:13
https://www.evga.com/support/stepup/ under "How does the EVGA Step-Up process work" is "Stepping through the Step-Up."

Item 5:  EVGA will review your request, and you will be approved if you have met the terms and conditions.
-
  1. During this review process, EVGA will compare the price you listed as the purchase price on your submission to the price listed on your proof of purchase. EVGA will adjust the price to match the actual purchase price, including any discounts you received with your order.
  2. The actual purchase price may not exceed the MSRP for the product. If the price listed on your proof of purchase exceeds the product’s current MSRP, after subtracting any discounts you received with your order, then this will reduce the price paid to match the product’s current MSRP at the time you submit your Step-Up.
Yes, it is also under the FAQ in case someone didn't bother to read how the process works and the steps involved.

Shady?  I don't think so.
post edited by Flint 1760 - 2021/10/15 17:23:19

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/15 19:36:55 (permalink)
I feel sorry that your brother paid twice the MSRP for the original 3060 he bought since it wasn't from a scalper but a legitimate source.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/15 23:10:10 (permalink)
mavergara25
Hey Guys, 

My brother bought a 3060 from an authorized EVGA reseller recently, he paid a lot for it. He entered the step up program and the 3070 he wanted to step up to was actually less than what he paid for his 3060, not a big deal he though. He would just get the 3070 in its place and pay the taxes. This sounds reasonable.

Today, he got the Step 3 offer from EVGA, they offered him half of what he paid for the 3060. Is this a mistake? I thought the step up program applied the full invoiced/paid amount from an authorized reseller to the cost of the selected step up card (3070) ?????

Do you guys think this was a mistake or does EVGA only offer half of the invoice amount for step ups?

Naw, its not shady or wrong. This has been the policy since the programs inception, which many of us old farts on here can attest to personally. If you want to pay more than msrp thats on you, but you cannot expect a company that wants to stay in business to credit you with whatever astronomical price you paid for a now used unit. Really, i think its time for the glass is half empty people to see it as half full and be damn glad they even have a program like this, especially at this time of gouging and market manipulation by some VERY big companies.

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 03:58:42 (permalink)
So, what I am reading, is that a customer did not read the FAQ’s about step up, and assuming paying extra at the reseller would get them a bigger discount t.

A reseller raising the price does not benefit EVGA, so the reseller would be doubling or tripling their profits, and EVGA would get paid exactly the same.

EVGA is not in the business of giving away money, or losing mo eu, so you should address the concerns with the retailer that is raising the prices above MSRP.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 04:00:50 (permalink)
eag08
Shame on EVGA for being misleading. This should not be hidden in a drop-down on the step-up page.
An example for calculating the cost difference is front and center on their  page:

Example
You have purchased a graphics card for $299.99, tax was $26.25, shipping was $10.25, and you also took advantage of a $30.00 rebate from EVGA. The product you wish to Step-Up to lists an MSRP of $399.99.
  • Add $299.99
  • Ignore $26.25 tax and $10.25 shipping
  • Subtract $30.00 for the rebate to get $269.99
  • Subtract $269.99 from $399.99
  • $130 is the cost of this example, plus return shipping and applicable taxes
An important exception to the calculation is hidden under their FAQ "Why did my price paid get changed during the approval process?":

"If the purchase price paid on your invoice (less any discounts) exceeds the MSRP of your product when you submit for a Step-Up, then the Price Paid for Product will be adjusted to match the product’s current MSRP."

What is messed up about this is that customers are not likely to read that bullet point before they buy the card.

EVGA could have made this much more transparent by adding an additional note after the first bullet point.
  • If the purchase price paid on your invoice (less any discounts) exceeds the MSRP of your product when you submit for a Step-Up, then the Price Paid for Product will be adjusted to match the product’s current MSRP.
This is not a great customer experience EVGA and seems very shady, I hope you folks correct course by considering my feedback.

If a user doesn’t read the FAQ, there is nothing hidden from them. The FAQ’s are very clear, and people just assume they know what happens. There is nothing hidden.
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 05:57:53 (permalink)
EVGA has been very open about any program they offer to customers. There is no deception. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

eag08
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 07:45:44 (permalink)
Are forum moderators official employees or representatives of EVGA? If so, I am appalled by the disrespect for its customers.

the_Scarlet_one
The FAQ’s are very clear... There is nothing hidden.

bill1024

Seems like the experiences of others don't backup the opinion that the FAQs are "very clear".
I offer clear feedback on why people may be confused and how to increase transparency of the process.
The feedback is completely free to implement with little effort and can have the benefit of less confusion (as shown by other threads) and a greater customer experience.
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 08:35:45 (permalink)
eag08
Are forum moderators official employees or representatives of EVGA? If so, I am appalled by the disrespect for its customers.

the_Scarlet_one

bill1024

Seems like the experiences of others don't backup the opinion that the FAQs are "very clear".
I offer clear feedback on why people may be confused and how to increase transparency of the process.
The feedback is completely free to implement with little effort and can have the benefit of less confusion (as shown by other threads) and a greater customer experience.

If it's 'not clear' to you, I suspect your reading comprehension is nil.

It's quite clear.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 09:04:47 (permalink)
eag08

the_Scarlet_one

bill1024

It doesn't say to me it is unclear, it says people do not read the FAQ or understand what they read.
How could EVGA buy an used GPU from you (Lucky they do it at all) for more than they sell it for?
It is very clear to me when I do a step-up that I will get at most MSRP and any rebate I had will be lost.

If you do not like the terms of the step-up don't do it.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

eag08
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 09:05:29 (permalink)
transdogmifier
If it's 'not clear' to you, I suspect your reading comprehension is nil.

No need for the personal insults/attacks. Let's try keep this community professional with constructive thoughts please.
the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/16 09:40:34 (permalink)
eag08

the_Scarlet_one

bill1024

Most others didn’t read the FAQ before assuming they would get anything over MARP in return. Every time someone has even mentioned this, it’s because they never read the FAQs, even after being told to make sure they read through.

Just like the folks that come in complaining that they want to step up to the Kingpin hydrocopper card, the FAQ shows that limited edition cards are not available to set up to, and only certain cards will be available. This generation is the first that EVGA has added an “upgraded” PCB to the list with the FTW series. In the past, only reference PCB’s were added except for VERY specific situations.

All of the questions are typically answered by spending 5 minutes reading the FAQ.

And no, moderators are not employees or representatives of EVGA. You can be appalled by someone pointing to readily available information, but if the rain complaining hasn’t read the I formation that is readily available, then how is anyone going to help them? Please clarify that? Because if people read the FAQs or www,EVGA.com/stepup, they wouldn’t be surprised by this.
post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/10/16 09:46:17
wmmills
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5679
  • Ribbons : 40
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/18 04:17:01 (permalink)
eag08

the_Scarlet_one

bill1024

No, they are not and receive nothing for it. Most of them will offer to do it after being here for awhile and appreciating the large family and ecosystem that weve built here over so many years and want to help keep it on the tracks. Many leave after only a few months and downgrade back to a regular member cause it wears you down. Its a thankless job and really the guys that do it should be thanked for their time and commitment more often. So, THANK YOU guys!

MOBO: EVGA x299 Dark, CPU: I9 10900X, RAM: Patriot Viper RGB 3600 32gb, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, M2: Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB, PSU: CoolerMaster M2 1500, CPU HSF: EVGA 240 CLC HSF~ P/P EK Furious Vardar, G-CARD:EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming w/Hybrid kit and Noctua IPPC 3000 P/P, CASE: LIAN-LI PC-V2010B w/ Window mod, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, MON: Alienware AW3821DW

New EVGA product? Register it NOW with this link:
http://www.evga.com/register/default.asp?affiliatecode=4QFQRAMOII
 Help Our Vets From K-2!
[link=https://strongholdfreedom
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Only Being offered half of paid amount for step up credit? 2021/10/18 04:29:29 (permalink)
eag08

the_Scarlet_one

bill1024

EVGA moderators are volunteers who are not paid a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly salary from EVGA. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile