Older cards BAR support please??

Author
dmoheban
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1506
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 3
2021/02/27 11:42:34 (permalink)
Considering the shortage of gpus at the moment it would be really really nice if companies like evga updated their firmwares for older cards to support BAR if its possible.

I mean you can't even buy a new gpu anymore..

Thank you

Associate Code: K8XL098LGS5O4WZ

2 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Older cards BAR support please?? 2021/02/27 14:11:23 (permalink)
    At most in certain games it is only a possible 10%  boost.....  it's really nothing special
    ..and considering all the amount of hardware that is required to get it working together.... don't waste your time worrying about it.

Everyone seems to be chasing this for some grand old awesomeness.... but the actual specifics of how many things have to be updated in order for it to all work is beyond laughable.

I wish it would all get worked out & be great sooner than later , but I'm not counting on it.

A) cpu has to be the right ones....
    B) the motherboard chipset then needs to be BIOS'd properly with it...
    C) the videocard needs a new Vbios allowing it to operate/ function...
    D) & the videocard driver also needs to have it put in ...
    ....and then if all that happens , the game has to support it also .

Here is the list of games so far ;

GeForce RTX 30 Series Resizable BAR Supported Games
    As of February 25th, 2021
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    Battlefield V
    Borderlands 3
    Forza Horizon 4
    Gears 5
    Metro Exodus
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Watch Dogs: Legion

.and here is my favorite quote right from Nvidia -

Much like AMD’s Smart Access Memory, Resizable BAR on Nvidia GPUs can boost frame rates in certain games by up to 10 percent. The boost is really game dependent, and resolution can also impact how much performance will increase. “In our testing, we’ve found some titles benefit from a few percent, up to 10 percent,” says Nvidia. “However, there are also titles that see a decrease in performance

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    dmoheban
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1506
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Older cards BAR support please?? 2021/02/27 20:06:58 (permalink)
    Man your funny. Ten percent boost nothing special. Seriously.. I'll take it. I got the hardware. Don't worry about it.

If only the big gpu makers make it so all they have to do is back port the feature and unlock the driver block.

Only reason they're not making it happen is supposed validation costs they rather not invest in as they'd rather have you
    or me spend two grand on a new gpu of which you gotta be out of your mind if you think I'll spend that kind of money.

Nvidia's shareholders can jump off a cliff for all I care.

Associate Code: K8XL098LGS5O4WZ
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile