Official Message Update

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
RedSpeed
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 118
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/24 07:01:44 (permalink)
namcost
AMD X670E DARK motherboard?

AMD 7900xt Kingpin Graphics Card?

Just do it. Stop thinking, forget about Nvidia, and bring it on. Kick off with AMD. And then once your foot is in the door, Intel by THEN would have gpu's worth making, and then start making Intel GPU's too. Its the best thing for this company in my opinion. Forget Nvidia. They are going down.

Multiple things I have noticed with novideo this generation. DLSS3.0 focus for FPS instead of raw render performance.... DLSS2.0 looks like trash, and now AI will "predict" what the next frame should look like to add frames? NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Don't want it. I want raw render performance. Looks like AMD is the only brand focusing on Raw Render performance (intel gpu's are yet to be seen so can't comment on what they are planning).

Also seeing the 12VHPWR standard, which was literally PATENTED BY NVIDIA (before the 3000 series launched, the 3000 series literally uses the 12vhpwr connection and sold with adaptor to use with typical psu's), and now everyone is going around saying its a pci-e 5.0 standard. NO ITS NOT. Pci-e 5.0 has nothing to do with power supply technologies.... pci-e 5.0 is a motherboard standard, not a psu standard. It makes NO SENSE. I WONDER IF NVIDIA IS FORCING AIB'S TO USE THE 12VHPWR standards? Meaning even if EVGA wanted to make a kingpin card, they would be limited to 600w with that stupid connector. "you have to use 12vhpwr" would destroy the overclocking market for Nvidia gpu's.... and using two of them would be an even bigger joke. Which I personally would see as a reason to be mad at nvidia.... so maybe THIS is a FRACTION of why EVGA left Nvidia.... I could be wrong, but if AIB cards all use the 12 pin connector.... oooph. Not to mention the hardcore news push of the adapters melting due to high current which would scare normies into buying not only a 4000 series card but a new psu that supports the new standard. except evga makes psu's, so they know the connector isn't required. you can just use 2-3 8pin pci-e psu cables like normal.... so this is a kinky little tidbit I came across....It also seems like nvidia is pushing for this standard.... when i think about g-sync, i think about the module that monitor brands HAVE TO BUY from nvidia, when freesync and adaptive sync can be just as good and are free to use.... if a psu has to use the 12vhpwr connection, they probably have to pay nvidia to use it. and then when gpu's use it, they have to pay nvidia to use it. which would increase costs of both psu's and graphics cards akin to how monitors with g-sync cost more for no logical reason.... its GREED on nvidia's part. as usual.

EVGA, sincerely, just make AMD products. Just do it. Both feet hop right in. Show us how amazing your products on team red can be.....

Hell Yeah! I would love an AMD Build. Even more, I would love an AMD build by EVGA. 
Ciddharthas
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 465
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/24 07:19:40 (permalink)
RedSpeed
namcost
AMD X670E DARK motherboard?

AMD 7900xt Kingpin Graphics Card?

Just do it. Stop thinking, forget about Nvidia, and bring it on. Kick off with AMD. And then once your foot is in the door, Intel by THEN would have gpu's worth making, and then start making Intel GPU's too. Its the best thing for this company in my opinion. Forget Nvidia. They are going down.

Multiple things I have noticed with novideo this generation. DLSS3.0 focus for FPS instead of raw render performance.... DLSS2.0 looks like trash, and now AI will "predict" what the next frame should look like to add frames? NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. Don't want it. I want raw render performance. Looks like AMD is the only brand focusing on Raw Render performance (intel gpu's are yet to be seen so can't comment on what they are planning).

Also seeing the 12VHPWR standard, which was literally PATENTED BY NVIDIA (before the 3000 series launched, the 3000 series literally uses the 12vhpwr connection and sold with adaptor to use with typical psu's), and now everyone is going around saying its a pci-e 5.0 standard. NO ITS NOT. Pci-e 5.0 has nothing to do with power supply technologies.... pci-e 5.0 is a motherboard standard, not a psu standard. It makes NO SENSE. I WONDER IF NVIDIA IS FORCING AIB'S TO USE THE 12VHPWR standards? Meaning even if EVGA wanted to make a kingpin card, they would be limited to 600w with that stupid connector. "you have to use 12vhpwr" would destroy the overclocking market for Nvidia gpu's.... and using two of them would be an even bigger joke. Which I personally would see as a reason to be mad at nvidia.... so maybe THIS is a FRACTION of why EVGA left Nvidia.... I could be wrong, but if AIB cards all use the 12 pin connector.... oooph. Not to mention the hardcore news push of the adapters melting due to high current which would scare normies into buying not only a 4000 series card but a new psu that supports the new standard. except evga makes psu's, so they know the connector isn't required. you can just use 2-3 8pin pci-e psu cables like normal.... so this is a kinky little tidbit I came across....It also seems like nvidia is pushing for this standard.... when i think about g-sync, i think about the module that monitor brands HAVE TO BUY from nvidia, when freesync and adaptive sync can be just as good and are free to use.... if a psu has to use the 12vhpwr connection, they probably have to pay nvidia to use it. and then when gpu's use it, they have to pay nvidia to use it. which would increase costs of both psu's and graphics cards akin to how monitors with g-sync cost more for no logical reason.... its GREED on nvidia's part. as usual.

EVGA, sincerely, just make AMD products. Just do it. Both feet hop right in. Show us how amazing your products on team red can be.....

Hell Yeah! I would love an AMD Build. Even more, I would love an AMD build by EVGA. 

According to Gamers Nexus, Andrew Han said that they are not currently working on any AMD motherboards, so if they do come out with an x670 board eventually, it won't be for awhile.  My guess would be that there won't be an x670 at all, but it's possible that they'll marshal their forces to make one for the following generation.

CPU: i7 10700k @ 5.0 GHz with 360mm Corsair H150i Elite LCD cooler
MB: MSI Z490 Meg Ace
RAM: 64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 3466 MHz
GPU: 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i (1000 Watts)
Primary Monitor: LG CX48 (4k OLED)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB
Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB
Headset: Arctis Pro Wireless
Mic: Elgato Wave 3
VR: Occulus Quest 2
kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/24 10:31:43 (permalink)
EVGA_JacobF
Hi all,

Please see below for an update to the official message from EVGA:

EVGA has seen speculation as to whether EVGA has an agreement with NVIDIA not to build other brand graphics cards.

EVGA has no such agreement. For present, however, EVGA is exclusively focused on supporting its existing community and products.

Supporting current products? Still waiting on a bios update for my Z590 FTW that will allow my i7-11700T processor to operate at it's correct clock frequencies.
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18923
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/26 10:25:57 (permalink)

I'm still processing this news lol. EVGA stopped selling GPUs. Wow. That's just wrong. It's like saying McDonalds stopped selling Big Macs, or Nike stopped selling shoes, or Coca Cola stopped selling Coke. Surreal. 

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/26 11:09:02 (permalink)
AMD GPUs incoming ye😼
Gotta keep k1ngp1ng motivated 😎

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18923
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/26 11:27:34 (permalink)
atfrico
AMD GPUs incoming ye😼

Yeah I'm seeing some pretty impressive reviews for the 7950X, although running super hot. It will be very interesting to see how Intel's 13900K stands up to it since they are both releasing around the same time. Pretty sure AMD will still take out the multi-core trophy.
JayZ video on it (link)..

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/26 11:40:45 (permalink)
Nereus
atfrico
AMD GPUs incoming ye😼

Yeah I'm seeing some pretty impressive reviews for the 7950X, although running super hot. It will be very interesting to see how Intel's 13900K stands up to it since they are both releasing around the same time. Pretty sure AMD will still take out the multi-core trophy.

Official release time tomorrow for the processors is not known. I'll have to keep an eye out. AMD knows 13th gen processors are coming which is why they will probably announce 3D V-cache processors at CES 2023. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/26 12:23:48 (permalink)
Nereus

Jay, gross. Almost as bad as Linus.
GN videos on it:
https://youtu.be/ccg6aU7Hmjw
https://youtu.be/nRaJXZMOMPU
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2022/09/26 12:26:39

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Official Message Update 2022/09/27 18:57:18 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Nereus

Jay, gross. Almost as bad as Linus.
GN videos on it:
https://youtu.be/ccg6aU7Hmjw
https://youtu.be/nRaJXZMOMPU

I also like Tech Jeebus over the others.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile