EVGA

OWC Unveils the Newest Iteration of its Wildly Popular Mercury Elite Pro External Storage

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2020/03/27 02:10:06 (permalink)
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/owc-unveils-the-newest-iteration-of-its-wildly-popular-mercury-elite-pro-external-storage-solution-for-creative-pros-gamers-smbs-and-todays-digital-family-301028557.html

OWC a leading zero emissions Mac and PC technology company and one of the world's most respected providers of hard drives, SSDs, Mac & PC docking solutions and performance upgrade kits, today announced the latest edition of its legendary Mercury Elite Pro external storage system for Mac, PC, Linux machines, Smart TVs, and PS4 and Xbox consoles. The 3.5-inch USB 3.2 5 Gb/s hard drive system is a modern day workhorse, delivering real-world performance up to 283 MB/s and capacities up to 16 TB to keep pace with the demands of everything from video editing projects, critical business data, and irreplaceable personal content to expanding PS4/Xbox One game storage and enjoying music/video content via a Smart TV. 

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Highlights
  • Pro-grade performance: up to 283 MB/s real-world speed
  • Spacious: up to 16 TB capacity for music, videos, photos, business files, and game storage
  • Easy backups: Apple Time Machine and Windows File History ready
  • Quiet: heat-dissipating brushed aluminium chassis and fanless venting provide cool, nearly silent operation
  • Rugged: built-in shock isolation protects drive
  • Space efficient: includes matching vertical stand
  • Flexible: includes non-skid rubber feet for secure horizontal use
  • Compatible: use with Mac, Windows, and Linux machines; PS4 and Xbox consoles; and Smart TVs.
  • Deployment ready: pre-configured solutions undergo rigorous multi-step certification
  • Peace of Mind Ownership: Up to 3 Year Limited Warranty with 1 Year Level 1 data recovery and lifetime US-based live support
The OWC Mercury Elite Pro external storage system is available now at MacSales.com in capacities from 1 TB to 16 TB with prices starting at $109.00, or as an add-your-own drive 0 GB enclosure for $49.00.

Personally I believe the price for this storage solution is very good and the warranty for 3 years should give you peace of mind. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: OWC Unveils the Newest Iteration of its Wildly Popular Mercury Elite Pro External Stor 2020/03/27 02:32:34 (permalink)
    It doesn't look bad at all and I like the option to add your own drive.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30978
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: OWC Unveils the Newest Iteration of its Wildly Popular Mercury Elite Pro External Stor 2020/03/27 06:19:43 (permalink)
    Case without drive is an interesting option

USB 3.2 case for ~$50

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile