Nvidia releases Stunning RTX trailer for indie shooter Bright Memory

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102231
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/08/14 08:32:02 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/nvidia_releases_stunning_rtx_trailer_for_indie_shooter_bright_memory/1

Nvidia's keen to get real-time raytracing into PC games, pushing the gaming market in a direction which highlights the company's RTX hardware. At the time of writing, Nvidia is the only GPU maker that offers support for hardware-accelerated raytracing, and with this feature, Nvidia hopes the push its advantage over its rivals. The only problem with Nvidia's raytracing ambitions is that barely any games support the feature. Now, Nvidia is targetting smaller games with its RTX branding, hoping to release a larger volume of RTX enabled titles to wow gaming audiences. 

Today, Nvidia has released an "exclusive RTX trailer" for Bright Memory, a first-person shooter, hack and slash title from Chinese indie developer FYQD Studio. Within this trailer support for real-time raytraced reflections is used to great effect, presenting visuals which are a lot more pleasing than the game with RTX off. Bright Memory was released on Steam Early Access on January 12th, 2019. The game uses Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4 and so far, episode 1 for the game has been released. At this time it is unknown when support for Nvidia RTX raytracing will be added to the game. We have reached out to FYQD Studio, who stated that the "RTX version will be released in about 2 months".

The Ray Tracing should add a great new dimension to the game. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

4 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Nvidia releases Stunning RTX trailer for indie shooter Bright Memory 2019/08/14 10:58:08 (permalink)
    It does look really good but I can also see the effect Ray Tracing is having on developers who feel everything needs to reflect like it's a mirror. I don't want to sound negative about the games because it really looks very impressive and way better with RTX on. It's just that with time I think it will get toned down a little bit almost like how colored lighting was over used in Unreal when it first showed off colored lighting and then it became important but not over used in later titles.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

tbrown7552
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 162
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nvidia releases Stunning RTX trailer for indie shooter Bright Memory 2019/08/14 15:52:44 (permalink)
    looks good but it seems ray tracing bleeds over to much into other things.
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Nvidia releases Stunning RTX trailer for indie shooter Bright Memory 2019/08/14 16:41:31 (permalink)
    tbrown7552
    looks good but it seems ray tracing bleeds over to much into other things.

I didn’t notice any bleed but they do seems to make everything reflective and really exaggerated effects. Its far better lighting and reflection but in the real world puddles are not that reflective and metal is often more of a slight shine not mirror finished.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

tbrown7552
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 162
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nvidia releases Stunning RTX trailer for indie shooter Bright Memory 2019/08/14 19:21:19 (permalink)
    Hoggle

I didn’t notice any bleed but they do seems to make everything reflective and really exaggerated effects. Its far better lighting and reflection but in the real world puddles are not that reflective and metal is often more of a slight shine not mirror finished.

Thats what i was talking about. Sorry about the poor wording
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile