EVGA

Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2019/02/09 00:26:44 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/nvidia_dlss_support_is_coming_to_metro_exodus_alongside_ray_traced_global_illumination/1

Nvidia has officially confirmed their plans to deliver DLSS support 4A Games' Metro Exodus, a feature which is designed to deliver boosted performance alongside improvements to the game's graphical quality when compared to TAA (Temporal Anti Aliasing). Ray Traced Global Illumination is a great fit for the Metro series, given its atmospheric world and the title's tense atmosphere. That said, Metro Exodus is already set to be an incredibly demanding game on PC, with 4A recommending an Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti for 4K 60FPS gameplay without Nvidia's RTX features. 

With this in mind, we can see what Nvidia would push to add DLSS to Metro Exodus, as this could capture a lot of the game's lost performance and deliver smoother gameplay when Ray Traced Global Illumination is enabled. Alternatively, DLSS could allow lower-end RTX graphics cards to play Metro Exodus at 4K 60FPS, or otherwise hit higher framerate/resolution targets than before. The game launches next week.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

12 Replies Related Threads

ehabash1
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 463
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/12 11:48:34 (permalink)
    !!!! this is fantastic news!!!
    I want to see if it will support ray tracing over dlss that way we get the trifecta and allow me to play at 4k with raytracing
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/12 11:52:40 (permalink)
    Can't wait for this game. It's going to have everything working right of the box. DLSS, Ray Tracing & Explicit Multi-GPU. 
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/12 12:16:09 (permalink)
    Really can’t wait to see the benchmarks as I think this might be the first game to really show off the features that the 2080ti. If it can run at 4K with ray tracing and DSLL the card will really show why it’s better then anything else onthe market.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

fergusonll
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1686
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/14 20:51:36 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    Really can’t wait to see the benchmarks as I think this might be the first game to really show off the features that the 2080ti. If it can run at 4K with ray tracing and DSLL the card will really show why it’s better then anything else onthe market.

Here's an article showing some performance tested by PCGAMER:

https://www.pcgamer.com/m...ance-ray-tracing-dlss/
    aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 06:00:03 (permalink)
    not looking too good for DLSS , from everywhere I'm reading.  BFv and here's an article on METRO.

https://www.dsogaming.com...omparison-screenshots/

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 09:27:00 (permalink)
    aka_STEVE_b
    not looking too good for DLSS , from everywhere I'm reading.  BFv and here's an article on METRO.

“We want more performance at the same resolution” -Consumers

“Have DLSS, it will render at half the resolution and give you better performance.” -Nvidia.

“Hooray!!!!” -Consumers

6 months later.

“The performance is great, but it looks like Nvidia used a smudge tool on the image. Why is it blurry?”

“Wait... do you want performance or a sharp image?” -Nvidia

“Both, like you promised...” -Consumers

“LOL, that wasn’t a rhetorical question. Pick one.” -Nvidia
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 11:19:06 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    aka_STEVE_b

“We want more performance at the same resolution” -Consumers

“Have DLSS, it will render at half the resolution and give you better performance.” -Nvidia.

“Hooray!!!!” -Consumers

6 months later.

“The performance is great, but it looks like Nvidia used a smudge tool on the image. Why is it blurry?”

“Wait... do you want performance or a sharp image?” -Nvidia

“Both, like you promised...” -Consumers

“LOL, that wasn’t a rhetorical question. Pick one.” -Nvidia

ehabash1
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 463
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 11:38:43 (permalink)
    DLSS has been a major flop. Everyone is saying it looks like their screen is coated with Vaseline. I dont mid the artifacts like seen in the final fantasy dlss review by GN, but the blurry image completely defeats the point of dlss. The whole point of it is to play with the sharpness of  higher resolution at a lower one, but if thats completely compromised then it makes dlss a failure.

Whats worse, dlss as supposed to save ray tracing. It was meant to give us the performance back, but why enable ray tracing for better image quality if you are going to reduce it with dlss?

But in my opinion the biggest issue has been the lack of Dx12 sli. How could metro not support this!?! every game in the series has supported sli, and with these devs being the stanchest supporter of nvidia technologies, the lack of sli has been beyond disappointing.

RECAP:
    Raytracing has unreasonable performance hit
    - DLSS is a MASSIVE flop
    - Huge DXR tax (most expensive gpu generation by a large margin)
    - BUT WORST OF ALL you cant mitigate the raytracing performance hit with sli

Battlefield and now Metro do not support Dx12 sli... 
    So its one thing that DXR is useless, its another thing that im getting charged a massive tax on something that i cant even use. But its COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE that DXR is the reason now why i cant even use sli. No doubt in my mind that if this wasnt a DXR title that we would have sli support. It's at the point that this feature set isnt JUST simply useless and costs a massive amount of money, but its now a net negative and actually hurting other features like SLI support

This really is the most unappealing gpu generation ever. I ignored the pricing and was one of the strongest defenders of the feature set up until yesterday.
    2x hydrocopper + 1 nvlink = $3300 for what? to get 10-14fps better than someone who bought a 1080ti for $600 on ebay. Pay 5.5 times as much yet the DXR remains unused and its actually devaluing my second card.

post edited by ehabash1 - 2019/02/15 13:16:05
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 13:01:09 (permalink)
    Yeah, it totally sucks that metro exodus doesn't support sli in either dx11 or dx12. Guess the game has too many interframe dependencies. 

atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 14:06:45 (permalink)
    ehabash1
    DLSS has been a major flop. Everyone is saying it looks like their screen is coated with Vaseline. I dont mid the artifacts like seen in the final fantasy dlss review by GN, but the blurry image completely defeats the point of dlss. The whole point of it is to play with the sharpness of  higher resolution at a lower one, but if thats completely compromised then it makes dlss a failure.

Whats worse, dlss as supposed to save ray tracing. It was meant to give us the performance back, but why enable ray tracing for better image quality if you are going to reduce it with dlss?

But in my opinion the biggest issue has been the lack of Dx12 sli. How could metro not support this!?! every game in the series has supported sli, and with these devs being the stanchest supporter of nvidia technologies, the lack of sli has been beyond disappointing.

RECAP:
    - DLSS is a MASSIVE flop

So its one thing that DXR is useless, its another thing that im getting charged a massive tax on something that i cant even use. But its COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE that DXR is the reason now why i cant even use sli. No doubt in my mind that if this wasnt a DXR title that we would have sli support. It's at the point that this feature set isnt JUST simply useless and costs a massive amount of money, but its now a net negative and actually hurting other features like SLI support

This really is the most unappealing gpu generation ever. I ignored the pricing and was one of the strongest defenders of the feature set up until yesterday.
    2x hydrocopper + 1 nvlink = $3300 for what? to get 10-14fps better than someone who bought a 1080ti for $600 on ebay. Pay 5.5 times as much yet the DXR remains unused and its actually devaluing my second card.

Sajin
    Yeah, it totally sucks that metro exodus doesn't support sli in either dx11 or dx12. Guess the game has too many interframe dependencies. 

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 14:26:06 (permalink)
    atfrico
    ehabash1

RECAP:
    - DLSS is a MASSIVE flop

Sajin

There are other games that work just fine with 2080 ti sli. Battlefield V in DX11 mode & Resident Evil 2 in DX11 mode work just fine if you know how to get sli working.

Oh, and let's not forget that a 2080 ti will smash on a 1080 ti in metro at 4k. =)
    atfrico
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 12753
    • Ribbons : 25
    Re: Nvidia DLSS support is coming to Metro Exodus alongside Ray Traced Global Illumination 2019/02/15 14:52:49 (permalink)
    Sajin

There are other games that work just fine with 2080 ti sli. Battlefield V in DX11 mode & Resident Evil 2 in DX11 mode work just fine if you know how to get sli working.

Oh, and let's not forget that a 2080 ti will smash on a 1080 ti in metro at 4k. =)

For the premium Nvidia charges for the cards you have, i expect that RT and DLSS support to work as advertised. I am surprised those who bought the RTX series card have not started a petition for Nvidia's false advertisement

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile